Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew's video....http://instagram.com/p/gqKIMFueMS/#

it's awesome - watch until the end

Lmao.

That does have to be super weird too. They were locked up in a house for a long time where the only public feedback came via voting and hearing some audience cheers.

Then to be out and experience that, it has to be quite weird because unlike many other ways one might make a group of young girls scream, his is a bit disconnected from action and reaction.

Its like when you dump a BF all your friends and family finally tell you what they really thought of him, no one dares to alienate you by being honest when your together so its not like Milly is going to cause a family upset by posting what she thinks other than pleasant thoughts.

The "are you guys together" crap annoys me too like surely they can't really be wondering that, how thick would you have to be not to get it especially Tully and Drew who have made it quite clear they have an intimate relationship.
Yeah I definitely agree with all that you said. And you're right, especially as far as Drew and Tully are concerned how much more of a confirmation do people need? Bed pics of each other and him flying to Sydney and staying at her a house isn't enough of a clue for them? So bizarre but moreso annoying definitely.

No, it doesn't rise to the level of a strawman argument because, like your post, it could not be described as an argument of any sort.

Then what was it? An explanation? I don't think so. You mis-represented my position in order to get me to look at the situation differently. You wanted to convince me of something other than the position I held. So, with all due respect, no, I don't think you were explaining anything, nor making a charitable observation, so a strawman argument it was. ;)

I don't think she did.

You don't think she did doesn't mean she didn't. If I remember correctly, it was during a radio interview a day or so after her eviction. They put the question to her directly. "Were you cheating with Drew?" She said something along the lines of, "thinking is cheating in my opinion so, yea, I'll own that" I'm not sure of the actual words but you can google it, it's floating around somewhere. ;)

Stumbled across this one from earlier today in General Pants Co in Broadway:

View attachment 35152

This one of Tim and Drew just came up - seems this person knows Mike Goldman and Tully was trying to get Mike Goldman to come over twitter so I guess Mikey showed up as well

View attachment 35153

Twitter must have added functionality since I last used it - probably as a result of the IPO - in support of the internet sex trade.

By the way did anybody here get in on the IPO?

Its like when you dump a BF all your friends and family finally tell you what they really thought of him, no one dares to alienate you by being honest when your together so its not like Milly is going to cause a family upset by posting what she thinks other than pleasant thoughts.

The "are you guys together" crap annoys me too like surely they can't really be wondering that, how thick would you have to be not to get it especially Tully and Drew who have made it quite clear they have an intimate relationship.

They will have to hang their sheets out of the window?

Then what was it? An explanation? I don't think so. You mis-represented my position in order to get me to look at the situation differently. You wanted to convince me of something other than the position I held. So, with all due respect, no, I don't think you were explaining anything, nor making a charitable observation, so a strawman argument it was. ;)

You didn't have a tenable position. That is your problem.

You don't think she did doesn't mean she didn't. If I remember correctly, it was during a radio interview a day or so after her eviction. They put the question to her directly. "Were you cheating with Drew?" She said something along the lines of, "thinking is cheating in my opinion so, yea, I'll own that" I'm not sure of the actual words but you can google it, it's floating around somewhere. ;)

I think you need to quote what she actually said. It is not what you claim.

You didn't have a tenable position. That is your problem.

Not tenable? Tully admitted to cheating, which means Tahlia was betrayed which means enough of the public was moved enough to be interested in her story resulting in a magazine deal. Many people who have been betrayed in such a way wanted to see how she dealt with it, what she had to say about it. I think many people could identify with her on some level, that's why it made its way to other media. This wasn't just a twitter story. It was a human story. It also was part of and has fed the BB machine.

yeah he didn't get much of a choice did he....he found out they were together on the eviction stage when she appeared and they sucked face.... he still had no idea what was really going on at that stage.

Oh well luckily he doesn't seem to care that he was "friend zoned" until tully found out she was dumped.
Yeah we will just forget about what he said he would do when he saw Tully, when asked by Sonia.

Seems like there is a disease afflicting people who don't like Tully and/or Drew where they can't stop just making stuff up that is not based in reality.

Yeah we will just forget about what he said he would do when he saw Tully, when asked by Sonia.

Seems like there is a disease afflicting people who don't like Tully and/or Drew where they can't stop just making stuff up that is not based in reality.

All that we, the mere public, can go by is what info we have been given. Yes, Drew told Sonia he'd kiss Tully as Tully had been back in the house to kiss him prior to that. When Tully left she said that she didn't even know if she'd get along with Drew in the outside world.
You can listen to the interview here:

http://www.2dayfm.com.au/scoopla/blog/2013/9/big-brothers-tully-speaks-about-her-rocky-relationship/

Anthony Drew ‏@DrewBB13 6m
I'm a converted sydneysider [MENTION=30855]Mrs[/MENTION]imonHancock showed me the good life with [MENTION=27738]tee[/MENTION]_smyth & [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer

Not sure if he just told everyone he is moving to Sydney or not. Simon responded with "yes! we claim you 100%"

Well, if its a case of simple over protectiveness, I guess Pru can be forgiven

regarding Tully and Tahlia it has crossed my mind a couple of times that this could be a publicity stunt. If that was to be the case I think I'd be quite impressed by their shrewdness - and genius at pulling it off if they did.

Back in early September I thought, despite being told otherwise by friends who where in a position to know, that the breakup was a tactic in the service of a strategy designed to advance Tully's position. In the event those that where in a position to know otherwise where correct and I was wrong.

So, I think that you are wrong now.

Anthony Drew ‏@DrewBB13 6m
I'm a converted sydneysider [MENTION=30855]Mrs[/MENTION]imonHancock showed me the good life with [MENTION=27738]tee[/MENTION]_smyth & [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer

Not sure if he just told everyone he is moving to Sydney or not. Simon responded with "yes! we claim you 100%"

Sounds like he's headed north for sure. His new BFF and GF live there, so it seems to be the next logical step.

Not tenable? Tully admitted to cheating, which means Tahlia was betrayed which means enough of the public was moved enough to be interested in her story resulting in a magazine deal. Many people who have been betrayed in such a way wanted to see how she dealt with it, what she had to say about it. I think many people could identify with her on some level, that's why it made its way to other media. This wasn't just a twitter story. It was a human story. It also was part of and has fed the BB machine.

So what if Tahlia cheated on Tully ten times in their eighteen months of dating? How would that change your narrative?

Thanks for being the first to admit most of the people making a big deal out of it were doing so because of their own relationship baggage.

That Tully said she guess she emotionally cheated with a guy on her lesbian girlfriend was not exactly the foundation shattering news many used to launch into over the top hatred.

Taken that as the extent of wrong doing while knowing nothing else about their relationship, yeah it is dumb to demonize Tully and make Tahlia a martyr.

Almost sounds like "My girlfriend left me for a guy and now I hate all fake lesbians."

Tahlia is irrelevant to Big Brother 2013 and is certainly irrelevant to the aftermath of Big Brother 2013. Why people keep bringing her up is unknown unless they are just trying to be irritating and/or will reach for anything to hate Tully and Drew with.

I think what's going on here is what I'm going to dub an 'Estelle fan' mentality, where Tully got so much crap that her fans are completely over protective and jump like a piranha on anyone that says something remotely negative about Tully or whoever is associating with her at the time.
They're harmless really and even though Prufrock is on cue, she's pretty much the most reasonable out of the bunch.
I get it, I was like this with Estelle.

Of course they do, I don't believe they're done for good (I know that's not a popular belief but just a hunch).

Well, this whole situation is a result of the misplaced adhesion to the ideology of one on one relationships. Central to my thesis is that these are unhealthy and destructive. It would have been a lot better if Tully had been able to have relationships with both Drew and her girlfriend.

But things have moved well beyond that point now.

I thought Ed would be smarter then dating Jade. He seems like a serious guy who is more into settling down and getting married then banging as much chicks as possible. Even though Jade is a nice girl she obviously has a few screws loose in her head. She was pretty much in love with Ed in week 1 without even knowing him properly. I remember when she had a meltdown when he kissed Jas for a dare. IN WEEK 1. I also think she said her last boyfriend left her or something.

I thought Ed would be smarter then dating Jade. He seems like a serious guy who is more into settling down and getting married then banging as much chicks as possible. Even though Jade is a nice girl she obviously has a few screws loose in her head. She was pretty much in love with Ed in week 1 without even knowing him properly. I remember when she had a meltdown when he kissed Jas for a dare. IN WEEK 1. I also think she said her last boyfriend left her or something.

Jade is beautiful, kind, loyal, caring & family-oriented girl, hard working, wife materials. She is one in a million. It's not that easy to look for such women in the modern society. Her insecurity problem would be decreased if the man know how to love her & take good care of her.
Many beautiful women would love the husband to treat them like a princess.
Ed is so lucky to have Jade. I don't think he can look for a better woman than her.
She is more popular than him now & I think she deserves a better man than him.

Last edited:
Back in early September I thought, despite being told otherwise by friends who where in a position to know, that the breakup was a tactic in the service of a strategy designed to advance Tully's position. In the event those that where in a position to know otherwise where correct and I was wrong.

So, I think that you are wrong now.

*Edited due to my mistake of who I was replying to. Apologies.*

I never said I was right. It crossed my mind a couple of times and I don't steadfastly hold to that position. I don't know everything that's going on behind the scenes, no one does, so naturally a lot of discussion is going to be speculation. I would be very impressed however if it was true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back