Skip to main content

Lets try and get a forum member into the house!

Would you apply for Big Brother 2014

• Yes

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • No

Votes: 85 64.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting! I would've thought if you made it so far in 2012 that you would've been able to skip past the first round of auditions. I don't know why I assumed that though. How frustrating for you! We all know by now that Ben 2012 auditioned several times but sometimes made it no further than round 2, so I guess it does change.

I suppose as well it would depend to a degree on other people in your group. I mean, it shouldn't, but it could affect your chances of standing out. Also, are there different people "assessing" the groups in rounds 1 & 2 on different days? I imagine that could make a difference as well, although admittedly I don't know that much about the process.

Yeah it was gutting :(. Especially since I spent an 8 hour day with one of the housemates who made it into 2012, even caught the train home with said housemate. It really has me grounded in the 'they're just people' concept, no better or worse than me. So I went in pretty over-confident this year I'd say which isn't a good approach.

I would love to but I'm not currently confident enough in my body to actually result in being in the house. I don't like admitting it on a forum but I'm extra cuddly ( :p ) and I just couldn't cop with getting lots of flack about my weight. But I've been working on it and if it's back in 2015 too then I'll audition then.

Best of luck to everyone who does apply. I'd love to watch you in the house :)

OH don't let your weight get in the way!

Ok, so say a forum member DOES get into the house.
How are we going to know they are a forum member? So we know who to put our support behind?

Ok, so say a forum member DOES get into the house.
How are we going to know they are a forum member? So we know who to put our support behind?

We need a secret code like the member could use a phrase or word when they do their interview on launch night and that way we would know.

I would love to but I'm not currently confident enough in my body to actually result in being in the house. I don't like admitting it on a forum but I'm extra cuddly ( :p ) and I just couldn't cop with getting lots of flack about my weight. But I've been working on it and if it's back in 2015 too then I'll audition then.

Best of luck to everyone who does apply. I'd love to watch you in the house :)
Girl do it!! Flash me some sort of sign when you're in there to let me know who you are and I will fight to the death for you on the forums!! ;)

My sister is considering auditioning, and she is technically a member here but doesn't post or even log in much at all. You would all hate her though... she has a Star Now page!

Issue with that is that it may be edited out in a second take.

I guess what I'll say to everyone is to watch for a Jonny Fairplay pose at the end of one of the housemates nominations. That'll be my calling card ;)

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/86/53b58850b9084b33a2a8e92a32db6b57/l.jpg

Yeah that's true you would have no control over what gets shown. I like your idea about doing a pose or hand gesture at the end of nominations. It's kind of the only time you would know for sure that it would be shown.

Funny thing was Borg made it to the short list last year but didn't get in and then got in this year as an intruder.

So depending in the person. They may or may not put them through for next year.

So we need to come up with some sort of code word and could then get a friend to post on here with the persons username and codeword, maybe?

You guys are so sweet :) I think I'll give it a go. You can only try right? :)

Good on you, go for it!

You've used the forums and watched enough of BB to know the haters will find any reason to bag you, you're not supermodel thin and know it, so you can have the confidence to know that's what they'll use and won't need to make crap up or pick at every tiny imperfection in your personality :) and if that's the best they can come up with then you've got it in the bag lol

I've definitely though about it but I don't think I ever would. I don't really have an angle so I don't think I would stand out from the crowd. Also I'd be one of those annoying people who goes in for the 'experience' because I don't think I would win (though honestly I think it would be a lot of fun).

Also I don't know how it would affect your chance of future employment? (Not in the entertainment industry)

Well I learnt from this year that what they want changes every year.

In 2012 I made it to the intruder shortlist

In 2013 I didn't get past the very first round, on both tries.

There's no magic bullet. You just have to stand out to the casting agent without trying too hard, I think I did the latter in 2013. It's more obvious than you probably know. You've gotta be a charming centre of attention, not an annoying one.

I applied for this year's one, and two of the four from my group who went through were very dominant, annoying personalities = so there really IS no way of guessing what they want from casting. Of the other two who went through, one was a chatty older woman who told this big long joke that went on forever, and the other was an 18 year old guy who just seemed calm and confident when talking in a group situation. I would have placed myself as 5th most outgoing from the group, but I think I also put my input in too quick and then shut up (ie too polite), you need to look like you're completely confident being the centre of attention and very confident when talking about yourself. I am going to audition again next year but make sure I am a bit more dominant in conversation, rather than being polite. The annoying loud guy who went through started up a completely separate conversation with me while the group discussion was going on and we were getting dirty looks from people so I hushed him to be polite, but then he got picked to go through! D'oh!

I applied for this year's one, and two of the four from my group who went through were very dominant, annoying personalities = so there really IS no way of guessing what they want from casting. Of the other two who went through, one was a chatty older woman who told this big long joke that went on forever, and the other was an 18 year old guy who just seemed calm and confident when talking in a group situation. I would have placed myself as 5th most outgoing from the group, but I think I also put my input in too quick and then shut up (ie too polite), you need to look like you're completely confident being the centre of attention and very confident when talking about yourself. I am going to audition again next year but make sure I am a bit more dominant in conversation, rather than being polite. The annoying loud guy who went through started up a completely separate conversation with me while the group discussion was going on and we were getting dirty looks from people so I hushed him to be polite, but then he got picked to go through! D'oh!

It's funny isn't it. In 2012 I was very loud and obnoxious and got through, but then on the second 8 hour day that didn't work so I figured first round 2013 I'd tone it down a bit. Best tip is to get the attention of the casting agent and speak directly to them like they're people, not a teacher at school. If you're comfortable with them they'll know you'd be comfortable on TV.

It's funny isn't it. In 2012 I was very loud and obnoxious and got through, but then on the second 8 hour day that didn't work so I figured first round 2013 I'd tone it down a bit. Best tip is to get the attention of the casting agent and speak directly to them like they're people, not a teacher at school. If you're comfortable with them they'll know you'd be comfortable on TV.

I turned up around 2:30pm and got into the audition within about 30 mins. You sure had some dedication hanging around for 8 hours!
I'm happy to go both days this year but will probably turn up at 2:30pm again as it worked this year and made it a pretty fun, quick and painless experience. And it'll mean I don't have to wait hours and get tired and bored and not be on the ball when it comes time to go in.

Back