Skip to main content

Change in Tahan post Mikkayla

^dont agree. Mikkayla thought she could dish it out, but couldn't take it. When mikk and tahan had that bull blown argument, I did not see tahan go off and cry about it. Mikk had a cry, wanting sympathy to make it like tahan was this horrible person, even declaring she had it and wanted to leave. She started the screaming match and she couldn't hack it. Tahan not only showed her fiery side but showed that she can take as much as she gives. Tim said it himself to mikk, tahan doesn't have anyone, but she never let it get her down, moved on and stood on her own two feet.

When she is angry, she says stupid shit. But feels bad for it and tries to make amends. She tried with the sugar sisters to apologise for her actions, not many people can actually put their pride aside and do this- IMO she did, but she didn't grovel to them and I respect that.

"the general unlikability of Mikkayla"....oh my god she was so unlikable. I honestly couldn't find a single redeeming feature. I get so confused when I see posts of support for Mikkayla because I'm like "wtf did you like about her? she's unlikable"

that's the one thing i couldn't stand about Tahan, her vendetta against the adorable and sweet sisters. AND her lack of compassion or empathy when she could see that the things she was doing and saying were really upsetting them....she just didn't care. she's so f'kin nasty!!!

Your avatar of Tahan is hilarious!!! I found myself hating the same housemaids that Tahan hated for the same reasons. Mikkayla was bossy, bitchy, fake (accent and laugh) and I just could not stand her. The sugar sisters drove me crazy because they were always screaming or giggling about something that was not funny and I found them just so darn stupid. But, that being said, I never really fell in love Tahan, I just shared her general dislike for her enemies in the house. I'm glad she's in the final because she's not annoying (like Boog or Heidi or the other loud, obnoxious housemates) but I do think those kind of housemates have helped Tahan get this far in the game… and yes, Mikkayla being a highly unlikeable person really helped Tahan in every way.

You know what though, I don't see anything that came out of her that doesn't just seem fairly normal. Everyone can be mean, say things they don't mean. Unlike others, I don't think she has tried hard to play it safe, control herself. She's been herself and I think the BB environment has allowed her to grow. She's still young but when she's been mean or making fun of people, it's always generally reactionary.

In BB this season and especially in the past, you had people taking pleasure in being mean. She never did. Look at Mikayala, she had joy in being a bitch and mean. In spreading gossip and passing on things.

Ed with Jade and their whole group were consumed with bad feelings.

Tahan has never been like this. She gets in a shit mood, which we all do. She says some shit she doesn't really mean. Being defensive and she feels bad. She never dwells. That's how you know it's not a genuine mean and nasty side. She's just capable of being mean and shit in the moment. Which we all are. No matter how good you are, we all have bad moments.

Many other people in the show, hold grudges, and like being mean to others. Like to play with others, push them away, toy with them, pull strings. Tahan is not like that at all. The mean girl thing is really inaccurate.

This is so true, I also love how if Tahan says something mean, or in anger she owns it, apologies and moves on. I think Tahan is a great role model about how women should behave

You know what though, I don't see anything that came out of her that doesn't just seem fairly normal. Everyone can be mean, say things they don't mean. Unlike others, I don't think she has tried hard to play it safe, control herself. She's been herself and I think the BB environment has allowed her to grow. She's still young but when she's been mean or making fun of people, it's always generally reactionary.

In BB this season and especially in the past, you had people taking pleasure in being mean. She never did. Look at Mikayala, she had joy in being a bitch and mean. In spreading gossip and passing on things.

Ed with Jade and their whole group were consumed with bad feelings.

Tahan has never been like this. She gets in a shit mood, which we all do. She says some shit she doesn't really mean. Being defensive and she feels bad. She never dwells. That's how you know it's not a genuine mean and nasty side. She's just capable of being mean and shit in the moment. Which we all are. No matter how good you are, we all have bad moments.

Many other people in the show, hold grudges, and like being mean to others. Like to play with others, push them away, toy with them, pull strings. Tahan is not like that at all. The mean girl thing is really inaccurate.
But you could argue any of them having bad moments is reactionary. There's nearly always some external trigger. The question is whether your bad comment was justified and the depth of damage it caused. For some HMs, the trigger was Tahan... assuming the Sugar Sisters didn't instantly dislike her the moment they saw her.

I'm not sure you can say holding a grudge is necessarily a character failing. Holding onto negative emotions can be just part of a defence mechanism that prevents you from being hurt again, and some people are just more likely to do it than others. If we want HMs to be themselves - and it's probably safe to say we do - then both kinds of people need to get credit for staying true to the kind of person they are, even if as viewers we prefer one kind of person over another. And obviously we do! :)

The fact that Tahan's always laughing and giggling when she's talking about other people makes me feel like she does take some pleasure from gossip, even if that feels relatively harmless (like with the Jadaconda thing). There are all the ugly mole stories that we never hear so it's hard to judge fully.

I think Tahan is a great role model about how women should behave

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! You did not just say that!!!!!

you think a woman should make people feel terrible about themselves and their appearance?? make people cry and show no sincere remorse? laugh at other people being upset? and bitch about other women constantly?

you need your head examined!!!!

you think a woman should make people feel terrible about themselves and their appearance?? make people cry and show no sincere remorse? laugh at other people being upset? and bitch about other women constantly?

If that's all you see in tahan then you should focus more on the positives in life.
Tahan is strong willed, not easily fooled, determined, focused, driven... These are just some of her qualities. I definitely think girls should embody a lot of these qualities.

Tahan is tahan and I think she is perfect as she is, just needs some maturing.

Wow such anger, Lighten up dear it's the last day. If I was Tahan's mum I would be so proud to have raised a daughter like Tahan.

Wow such anger, Lighten up dear it's the last day. If I was Tahan's mum I would be so proud to have raised a daughter like Tahan.

Haha sorry I didn't mean to come off so agro, I was just shocked that you think Tahan is a good representation of what a woman should be. I think you guys are seeing something in her that I'm not seeing.

If you think Tahan is so outstanding, what about Jade? I would be so much prouder to be Jades mum than Tahans, her behaviour has been much more acceptable in my opinion. She is just majorly lacking confidence, belief in herself as an individual and independence (which she could definitely learn from Tahan, I can give Tahan credit for that!). She needs to learn that she doesn't need to measure her worth by making sure she has a man to cling to.

Haha sorry I didn't mean to come off so agro, I was just shocked that you think Tahan is a good representation of what a woman should be. I think you guys are seeing something in her that I'm not seeing.

If you think Tahan is so outstanding, what about Jade? I would be so much prouder to be Jades mum than Tahans, her behaviour has been much more acceptable in my opinion. She is just majorly lacking confidence, belief in herself as an individual and independence (which she could definitely learn from Tahan, I can give Tahan credit for that!). She needs to learn that she doesn't need to measure her worth by making sure she has a man to cling to.[/QUOTE
That's ok, I know emotions are running high, I have decided today that I am only going to say nice things about the last 3 housemates, so I am not going to answer your question

Many people consider Tahan as a mean & nasty person. It's useless to defence this negative personality trait of her. She laughed without embarrassment while Mikkayla & Sugar Sisters were crying on screen during the Trick screening because of her. Her empathy & sympathy level are pretty low based on my observation. You has your choice, I have mine. We just value different personality traits in life therefore; we support different HMs.

EXACTLY!!!! She had no remorse for how horrible she made other people feel, her apologies were forced and lacked even an ounce of sincerity, and you can't compare Tahan's bitching to other housemates bitching because the things she said were so much more spiteful and malicious!!!

You think that having no remorse for making other people feel like shit is normal??? Thankfully, I don't know anybody who takes pleasure in seeing other people cry because of things they've said and done. She simply doesn't care about how she makes other people feel, the mean girl tag is completely deserved.

You guys are just reading shit in which isn't there. Tahan laughed at basically everything that was on the screens. It was a reaction to the surreal experience of BB. I saw no evidence of her wickedly cackling away enjoying the torment of others. She was just excited about seeing footage from the show and reminded of things.

But you could argue any of them having bad moments is reactionary. There's nearly always some external trigger. The question is whether your bad comment was justified and the depth of damage it caused. For some HMs, the trigger was Tahan... assuming the Sugar Sisters didn't instantly dislike her the moment they saw her.

I'm not sure you can say holding a grudge is necessarily a character failing. Holding onto negative emotions can be just part of a defence mechanism that prevents you from being hurt again, and some people are just more likely to do it than others. If we want HMs to be themselves - and it's probably safe to say we do - then both kinds of people need to get credit for staying true to the kind of person they are, even if as viewers we prefer one kind of person over another. And obviously we do! :)

The fact that Tahan's always laughing and giggling when she's talking about other people makes me feel like she does take some pleasure from gossip, even if that feels relatively harmless (like with the Jadaconda thing). There are all the ugly mole stories that we never hear so it's hard to judge fully.

People like Mik et al. took pleasure in being mean all the time when things didn't concern them. Skipping and running with pleasure to go pass things on that were said that didn't involve them. Sitting down to enjoy a good bitch for bitch sake. People are off having fun. They were consumed by their bad feelings. Yes there's a reactionary nature in it all, but it definitely was more all consuming.

Tahan was generally always just reactionary and being defensive. When she was in a conflict, had a clash. She was happy to move on, as it was only about that moment. Others focused their time in the house on such conflicts. Who they liked and disliked. It preoccupied their time.

Holding a grudge is a massive character failing. People literally cripple themselves in situations due to it. As with addiction, when something interferes with their day to day life, it's a problem. This is what happened to some people in the house. I get what you mean about the protection, but shutting yourself isn't mentally or emotionally healthy. Generally it makes people weaker. You're not growing and getting past conflict. You're dwelling, letting it affect you more.

Tahan was laughing at everything, it just seemed excited reaction to the surreal experience of watching clips from the last few months back.

People like Mik et al. took pleasure in being mean all the time when things didn't concern them. Skipping and running with pleasure to go pass things on that were said that didn't involve them. Sitting down to enjoy a good bitch for bitch sake. People are off having fun. They were consumed by their bad feelings. Yes there's a reactionary nature in it all, but it definitely was more all consuming.
What do you mean? You'll have to give some examples here. Maybe the time Mik told the sisters what Tahan said about them? Much as I dislike Mikkayla, I wouldn't call that any worse than when Drew passed on all the stuff people were saying when he wasn't personally involved. I don't know, it seems kind of a stretch to say that's "taking pleasure in being mean". I don't think many people would characterise Drew that way but perhaps I'm wrong.

Holding a grudge is a massive character failing. People literally cripple themselves in situations due to it. As with addiction, when something interferes with their day to day life, it's a problem. This is what happened to some people in the house. I get what you mean about the protection, but shutting yourself isn't mentally or emotionally healthy. Generally it makes people weaker. You're not growing and getting past conflict. You're dwelling, letting it affect you more.
Yes but I think you're exaggerating how the other housemates reacted slightly. They weren't exactly crippled or emotionally shut down, they just avoided Tahan which I think is a normal reaction. They seemed to talk about the group dynamics a lot, but then again that was what the storyline demanded at the time. If they discussed other things there was no reason for BB to show it. And they weren't doing pranks or other stuff that was being shown of the other group. But talking about group dynamics is pretty much par for the course in there... Tahan, Boog and Drew discussed Jade and Ed ad nauseum in the last week or two.

Tahan was laughing at everything, it just seemed excited reaction to the surreal experience of watching clips from the last few months back.
I wasn't talking about the trick or treat footage but the times she was gossiping in the house. Like with the Jadaconda thing, she looks around to make sure Jade's gone and whispers to Boog, laughing. That's probably one of the most harmless examples, but it shows that she did take pleasure in gossiping. And as I said, we were never shown the times she was talking about how her friends were fat ugly moles so it's impossible to say without seeing that.

[ETA] Hopefully it doesn't come across like I'm defending Mikkayla, cause I'm really not intending to. She was one of my least favourite HMs of all time and I was thrilled to see her go. Somehow she always comes up in conversations about Tahan though, haha. My main point was how I think Tahan takes more enjoyment from talking about others than you give her credit for, and that washing your hands of conflicts you've had a hand in creating isn't necessarily an admirable trait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even the producer said in that article that is on another post....Tahan has no female friends in the outside world. All females will know...that really says a lot about someone.

It's funny how people can jump to Tahans defense but can you name one genuinely kind thing she has done in that house? Like it or not... she is a very mean girl.

Even the producer said in that article that is on another post....Tahan has no female friends in the outside world. All females will know...that really says a lot about someone.

It's funny how people can jump to Tahans defense but can you name one genuinely kind thing she has done in that house? Like it or not... she is a very mean girl.
When mikkayla was having her dress crisis it was tahan who was trying to help her out, she kept reminding mikkayla that she was beautiful. She has told jade that she is a gorgeous girl with a banging body in a scene where they were having milk one late night. She always compliments how beautiful the girls are. She helped Heidi feel good about herself dressing her up and telling her she had amazing eyes. She even made Ben feel good about himself.

When mikkayla was having her dress crisis it was tahan who was trying to help her out, she kept reminding mikkayla that she was beautiful. She has told jade that she is a gorgeous girl with a banging body in a scene where they were having milk one late night. She always compliments how beautiful the girls are. She helped Heidi feel good about herself dressing her up and telling her she had amazing eyes. She even made Ben feel good about himself.

I've never been a fan of her, but Tahan was kind with Mikk and Heidi on those occasions you mentioned. I still don't like her because I think she's a bit of a mean girl, but she's not one dimensional and has her good side as well.

Tahan was coddled too much by her mother growing up. I wonder how many times she has been called perfect. It's no wonder she has such a warped sense of reality and a SURPRISING lack of SELF-AWARENESS.

Tahan was coddled too much by her mother growing up. I wonder how many times she has been called perfect. It's no wonder she has such a warped sense of reality and a SURPRISING lack of SELF-AWARENESS.

We finally agree on something, I find myself strangely attracted to you now...

We finally agree on something, I find myself strangely attracted to you now...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Eww.gif

Back