Skip to main content

Tahan why so popular?

That is why i showed a number of images over 1min period. Tahan's gaze always returned and remained at the one part of the mirror. Remember she is lying down and can't see herself in that one part of the mirror, so it isn't like she is looking at herself.
Tahan is just very aware of the cameras, and i think she is smart enough to know if she stares at a single point on the mirror, BB will move that camera there. Just a thought :p
I've noticed that with most of the housemates this season, they all look directly at the camera especially when they're trying to do something to get attention
The outside cameras I can understand they're not hidden but they do it to the mirror ones as well

I'm not sure if it was last season or an earlier one the housemates were saying that they could see the red lights coming from the cameras behind the mirrors

No one is trying to make tahan look ;like a horrible person ...I just don't think she deserves to win...in my opinion....and for a couple of reasons in my opinion

I was referring to the pics that assassin posted, which is why my post was directly after assassins post.

Exactly, Like in 2007 how the hell did Aleisha win or Jamie in 2006???

Well Jamie won because he had...

tumblr_inline_mpsqldi6yw1qz4rgp.gif

I don't like Jade doing that either. But at least she is doing something, unlike Tahan.

WHAT IS JADE DOING? Are we watching the same show?!?! I like her but she certainly is the most boring housemate at the moment.

That is why i showed a number of images over 1min period. Tahan's gaze always returned and remained at the one part of the mirror. Remember she is lying down and can't see herself in that one part of the mirror, so it isn't like she is looking at herself.
Tahan is just very aware of the cameras, and i think she is smart enough to know if she stares at a single point on the mirror, BB will move that camera there. Just a thought :p

Yeah people never vacantly state at a certain spot while their mind wanders. Not like every person except one person in Australia does that.

WHAT IS JADE DOING? Are we watching the same show?!?! I like her but she certainly is the most boring housemate at the moment.
She's been the subject of most storylines for the last week or more and the number one topic of conversation among the other housemates. Much as people dislike them, no one can deny the show would have been very different in the last two or three weeks if she and/or Ed hadn't existed. There would have been totally different storylines. On the other hand if Tahan hadn't been there in the last two weeks I'm not sure what would be different about the house. Would any major storyline have been impacted? She hasn't done anything all that memorable unless something has slipped my mind.

She's been the subject of most storylines for the last week or more and the number one topic of conversation among the other housemates. Much as people dislike them, no one can deny the show would have been very different in the last two or three weeks if she and/or Ed hadn't existed. There would have been totally different storylines. On the other hand if Tahan hadn't been there in the last two weeks I'm not sure what would be different about the house. Would any major storyline have been impacted? She hasn't done anything all that memorable unless something has slipped my mind.
Yes jade has had storyline with ed, but that doesn't make it entertaining. For me personally it was cringeworthy. Just like tully and drews relationship, it had people talking, but for all the wrong reasons. People were turned off by it and found it cringe worthy. It doesn't make for good viewing IMO, and that's why there was talk.

Tahan has been quiet in the past week. But the entertainment she provided for many was not cringeworthy. Her diary room antics added a mixed dynamic in the house for many viewers. She was funny to some, interesting to others and provided for entertainment for many. Even though she has been quiet in the last week or more, doesn't mean I enjoyed her any less, because I have enjoyed seeing her relaxed and going with the flow of things. I wouldn't want a hm to have one side to them, that would get boring to me.

Overall I think tahan has been more entertaining than jade, because I haven't felt the need to mute or turn away from watching the show. The ed thing happened for too long and for me is a little too late now.

Yeah, I agree with you in many ways. Personally I didn't enjoy her storyline all that much (and find it very boring when the other housemates spent so much time talking over and over about them as well - they are supposed to be the entertaining ones, they should find a new topic!) But you can't deny that she has impacted the show in a major way and it's just wrong to say that she's not doing anything as hedgo implied.

This whole issue is why Tim has been so great this season for me, actually. He's one of the very rare housemates who can generate storylines himself without any prompting from BB and without creating conflict/arguments (although he's had his fair share of that too). When he created the fake birthday it filled at least two segments of the daily show and it was entirely orchestrated by him. All the BB producers had to do was sit back and watch it happen, unlike many storylines this year that they've had a direct hand in creating (all the challenges and hair dryer dilemmas and that sort of thing). There was no negativity or bitching through most of that segment but it was still entertaining for the viewer. Most of Tahan's airtime has been full of drama and gossip and who she doesn't like or who doesn't like her. That gets a little bit old, too.

Is she popular? Seems like it's the same few people CARRYING ON about IT in the GRIMACING face of DIGNITY.

Yeah, I agree with you in many ways. Personally I didn't enjoy her storyline all that much (and find it very boring when the other housemates spent so much time talking over and over about them as well - they are supposed to be the entertaining ones, they should find a new topic!) But you can't deny that she has impacted the show in a major way and it's just wrong to say that she's not doing anything as hedgo implied.

This whole issue is why Tim has been so great this season for me, actually. He's one of the very rare housemates who can generate storylines himself without any prompting from BB and without creating conflict/arguments (although he's had his fair share of that too). When he created the fake birthday it filled at least two segments of the daily show and it was entirely orchestrated by him. All the BB producers had to do was sit back and watch it happen, unlike many storylines this year that they've had a direct hand in creating (all the challenges and hair dryer dilemmas and that sort of thing). There was no negativity or bitching through most of that segment but it was still entertaining for the viewer. Most of Tahan's airtime has been full of drama and gossip and who she doesn't like or who doesn't like her. That gets a little bit old, too.

Good post. You know it's funny, when Tahan was in her fierce and bitchy glory, that's when I was voting for her. It wasn't like I loved her (although I did at the start), but she was incredibly entertaining and her rivalry with Mikkayla really brought about some good viewing. However over the last 4 or so weeks she's really faded into the background and hasn't done anything to get people talking. While her popularity during this period has soared due to people finding her less nasty and more chilled, like you said, things wouldn't have been any different had have she not been there. I still certainly think she deserves a spot in the top 3 based on the entertainment she brought earlier in the series, but I (like a lot of my friends have also mentioned) personally think she's ended her journey in a very underwhelming way. Coasting in the last couple of days might have been okay, but she's been coasting for weeks now.

Love or hate people like Jade, Tim or Boog, but they've kept people talking right up until the end. On Jade, although yes JadEd was very cringeworthy, it's provided them with a huge storyline that's involved a lot of the group and it happened without interference from BB. I think it's telling that BB has had to interfere and give Tahan tasks to do to keep her relevant. They've never had to do that with Jade. Even in the last week and Ed is gone, she's still creating organic story lines due to the aftermath of what she heard him say and her finding her place in the house again and reconnecting with people. Love her or hate her she's kept people talking right to the end, while unfortunately IMO Tahan has faded.

I'm still 90% sure Tahan will win, but I think it's a shame her ending has been rather underwhelming. In her final video footage I predict that all of the packages will revolve around incidents that occurred a lot earlier.

There is no denying that Tim is creative and provides for good viewing, whether you hate him or love him. He is the show from the viewers point of view, as well as the housemates point of view. He comes up with games, things to do, talks about interesting things. He is one of a kind, but with the eviction just around the corner, he seems to be losing fans, which is disappointing to me. I'm not sure whether people are getting over the too much gameplay or because they just don't understand him. I hope his edits get better.

In defence of hedgo, I can see why he thinks she has done nothing. Different strokes for different folks kind of thing. What one finds entertaining another finds irrational and boring. I've appreciated your point of view though and I can understand why you see tahan as boring.

:)

Good post. You know it's funny, when Tahan was in her fierce and bitchy glory, that's when I was voting for her. It wasn't like I loved her (although I did at the start), but she was incredibly entertaining and her rivalry with Mikkayla really brought about some good viewing. However over the last 4 or so weeks she's really faded into the background and hasn't done anything to get people talking. While her popularity during this period has soared due to people finding her less nasty and more chilled, like you said, things wouldn't have been any different had have she not been there. I still certainly think she deserves a spot in the top 3 based on the entertainment she brought earlier in the series, but I (like a lot of my friends have also mentioned) personally think she's ended her journey in a very underwhelming way. Coasting in the last couple of days might have been okay, but she's been coasting for weeks now.

Love or hate people like Jade, Tim or Boog, but they've kept people talking right up until the end. On Jade, although yes JadEd was very cringeworthy, it's provided them with a huge storyline that's involved a lot of the group and it happened without interference from BB. I think it's telling that BB has had to interfere and give Tahan tasks to do to keep her relevant. They've never had to do that with Jade. Even in the last week and Ed is gone, she's still creating organic story lines due to the aftermath of what she heard him say and her finding her place in the house again and reconnecting with people. Love her or hate her she's kept people talking right to the end, while unfortunately IMO Tahan has faded.

I'm still 90% sure Tahan will win, but I think it's a shame her ending has been rather underwhelming. In her final video footage I predict that all of the packages will revolve around incidents that occurred a lot earlier.

None of the housemates are giving anything, they're bored, we're bored.... always happens the last couple of weeks
I hate that jade is all they have to show now, i don't want to know about it. BB should have given them more to do to create something to show. Jade is going to look back at this experience as one of the worst of her life and I decided weeks ago that I didn't want to witness any more of it, she's not a bad person just stupid in regards to love/lust and the difference between men and women.

None of the housemates are giving anything, they're bored, we're bored.... always happens the last couple of weeks
I hate that jade is all they have to show now, i don't want to know about it. BB should have given them more to do to create something to show. Jade is going to look back at this experience as one of the worst of her life and I decided weeks ago that I didn't want to witness any more of it, she's not a bad person just stupid in regards to love/lust and the difference between men and women.

The thing is, I feel like they keep giving us jade updates, but for me, they are nothing really interesting, it's still talk on ed. even with ed gone, that's all she associates herself with. It's getting tiresome for me. I do. It find that entertaining at all. We are not getting jade as a person, we are getting jade with ed talk. There is a reason he is gone lets keep it that way

Like I said though, that's your own personal preference whether you like Jade or not. The bottom line is though, like you said "she's all they have to show now". If people like Tahan currently had story lines or were doing anything at all interesting they'd show it. But they're not so Jade gets centre stage whether people like it or not.

Let's face it is the overall housemates dynamics that make it interesting. None of them alone could provide us enough entertainment for the past 3 months. Having said that, the ones I felt the least impacted where Sharon, Nathan and Madeline. The rest gave us gossip, bitching, humor, romance, cringeworthy, talent, sportsmanship, showmanship, etc. I must say in the short period she had, Boogs provided us enough entertainment to keep Timothy on his toes( toilet humour aside. If she had been an original housemate, I believe she would have lasted the distance and been a good contender for the prize, Tahan, bless her, has had it rough from the beginning. Being in the half way house the longest, I believe( courtesy of Sonia) and being up for nomination the most, being ganged up against by a group who called themselves the misfits. Yes, Tahan definitely deserves to win, anyone would have cracked by then. The other point I fact is that she did not align herself to anyone but enjoyed the company of those who were sporting and up for fun and enjoying the experience. She is an independent girl and that is what I like about her. She doesn't suck up to people.

Let's face it is the overall housemates dynamics that make it interesting. None of them alone could provide us enough entertainment for the past 3 months. Having said that, the ones I felt the least impacted where Sharon, Nathan and Madeline. The rest gave us gossip, bitching, humor, romance, cringeworthy, talent, sportsmanship, showmanship, etc. I must say in the short period she had, Boogs provided us enough entertainment to keep Timothy on his toes( toilet humour aside. If she had been an original housemate, I believe she would have lasted the distance and been a good contender for the prize, Tahan, bless her, has had it rough from the beginning. Being in the half way house the longest, I believe( courtesy of Sonia) and being up for nomination the most, being ganged up against by a group who called themselves the misfits. Yes, Tahan definitely deserves to win, anyone would have cracked by then. The other point I fact is that she did not align herself to anyone but enjoyed the company of those who were sporting and up for fun and enjoying the experience. She is an independent girl and that is what I like about her. She doesn't suck up to people.

Bingo!

That's what I have seen in tahan too and why I vote for her to win

The thing is, I feel like they keep giving us jade updates, but for me, they are nothing really interesting, it's still talk on ed. even with ed gone, that's all she associates herself with. It's getting tiresome for me. I do. It find that entertaining at all. We are not getting jade as a person, we are getting jade with ed talk. There is a reason he is gone lets keep it that way

Yeah I agree it's not entertaining.
And I know we're not the only ones, the jade/ed non relationship has been going on since almost the start, it's only when the people got fewer and fewer and there became less to talk about that people took notice. In other words it's being discussed now simply because there's nothing else lol

Back