Skip to main content

Estelle appreacian thread (i can't spell)

I guess it's irrelevant now, but I wish we had the live feeds to see more of what went on in the house. I still don't understand why Estelle was so disliked. It seemed like a couple of people started the bashing and the others jumped on the bandwagon. These same few did the same to Ray and Ryan only not so consistently, but they did tear them down behind their backs. Meh, pack mentality I suppose. Out of all the housemates Estelle conducted herself with the most dignity and she should be proud of that. I don't even know her and I'm proud of her.

You know they could have gotten her to win. If they had recap shows before voting closed.

It's Big Brother, maybe they wanted a gay man to win? I mean remember Terri, the totally rigged it for her because they wanted an older person to win.

Although I think in the end the way they had it structured, the final shows favored people like Ben, probably unintentionally. The show last night, totally favored him. Highlights in the house. What about all the low points?

Showing the percentage on Sunday only helped Ben and Layla and have put Estelle in a massive disadvantage.
I still don't get the point of showing it to the public. It would have been better if they just wiped it clean then, fair to everyone.

I think alot of Michael, Josh, Stacey fans shifted to Ben.
He also received good edits past week overall.
I would say the episodes where Michael and Zoe and Sam were evicted was the worst for Estelle that made all the difference.
But in the end it was Michael and Estelle hooking up that lost both alot of viewers.
Layla was surprising..thought she would come third, but it was Zoe who was in spotlight whole of last week with Ben giving his"wonderful" advices which over shadowed his negative side, they hardly showed Layla bitching until last episode.

Ok so i've had a bit of booze and watching the final now. Yet definitely after those opening dance numbers, Estelle is the only evictee left with dignity.

Showing the percentage on Sunday only helped Ben and Layla and have put Estelle in a massive disadvantage.
I still don't get the point of showing it to the public. It would have been better if they just wiped it clean then, fair to everyone.

it did, i mean money is important for everyone, and u know ur favourite is going to win, y would u waste 55c every vote, when others have already won it for u

I think alot of Michael, Josh, Stacey fans shifted to Ben.
He also received good edits past week overall.
I would say the episodes where Michael and Zoe and Sam were evicted was the worst for Estelle that made all the difference.
But in the end it was Michael and Estelle hooking up that lost both alot of viewers.
Layla was surprising..thought she would come third, but it was Zoe who was in spotlight whole of last week with Ben giving his"wonderful" advices which over shadowed his negative side, they hardly showed Layla bitching until last episode.

Yeah I got a feeling everyone only blamed Estelle for when she stayed and their favs went.

I saw on facebook one of my good friends made a pro ben status update. I will be sure to quiz her about it at some stage.

Honestly, Estelle is the winner, as I said before, I can already imagine the post eviction press. The media will appreciate Estelle, she will get the most out of all of this :)

She's a very positive person so good things will come her way.

Tonight's finale reinforced for me why I wasn't keen to see Layla to win. She completely blanked Estelle after Michael was evicted and tonight was very ungracious when Estelle tried to hug her goodbye, looked quite disgusted in fact. It was the last night and the last time they were going to be together, could she not have tried to show a little class and kindness? Ben faked it, but he made the effort which was something at least. That's just not cool in my book, Estelle was gracious to both of them.

Last edited:
Estelle is such a darling. The minute she starts tweeting I'm going to send her messages of love and support. She's a star and so fucking strong. Ben acted like a disgusting pig throughout the whole night. Never have I seen a person be so openly a bully and still get rewarded. If I was in her position, it would have ruined my whole night but she just kept dancing.

Also, did anyone else feel a strong sense of relief the minute she went and sat down next to Ryan? I was just so happy she was near someone that cares about her and treats her well.

Yeah I got a feeling everyone only blamed Estelle for when she stayed and their favs went.

I saw on facebook one of my good friends made a pro ben status update. I will be sure to quiz her about it at some stage.

Yeah even inside the house..zoe breaking the horse cos Estelle didn't leave..when Australia voted for her, there's no logic..its same as someone blaming a car in an accident and not the driver...Estelle had no control over ppl voting for her

Estelle lost with the Michael hookup, you could see the crowd reaction when Zoe was evicted. Throw in a broke and exhausted fanclub who had saved her numerous times, and that's that.

That said, she did great, was the most saved, and much loved.

cant believe bb is over and no more estelle!!!!! hopefully we get goss about her soon!! u rekon they will have her interview on the bb site tommorow??

Hearing "It's time to go... Estelle" was horrible. Even more horrible for me was having to watch the horrendous way Ben and Layla reacted to it. Even in their last hours in the house they couldn't even pretend to be gracious victors and give Estelle the respect she was entitled to. When Ben won, Estelle congratulated him and gave him a hug. She treated him more kindly than he ever really did deserve. She well and truly was the better person out of every single one of those housemates.

Estelle didn't win Big Brother, but she wins life. She left that house graciously with her integrity fully intact. Ben reacting the way he did to her eviction only proves that at 32, he still has a lot of things to learn about life. I'm envious of how well she can handle so much unwarranted negativity; I know I wouldn't be able to handle it like she does. She was already a success before she entered the house, she's going to be an even bigger one in the years to come.

Look on the bright side guys, we got her to the finale, managed to piss off the rest of the housemates for the duration of their stay in that house AND we saved her from having to perform in those truly shitty dance numbers on finale night.

And she didn't go home empty handed! Only one of three housemates to receive something for their time in the house. (Although she deserved much more than a piddling $5000.) I imagine she'd have won (or at least been second place) if the producers weren't such greedy assholes and showed the percentage points as part of a desperate money grab, although Ben winning support of Michael and Zoe fans was also likely a factor in pushing him to the front.

One of the few reasons I sat through this show until the bitter end.

I think Layla played the showmances very hard. While I think Estelle was more honest in saying she didn't see anything happening outside the house at all, Layla was always talking about them as being very serious things she was emotionally involved with. I didn't believe a word Layla said but that would have appealed to teens, particularly young girls. I respect Estelle more though for not pretending there was anything romantically serious and saying that they were simply friendships.

I think Layla got a PhD in BB, she knows all the tricks but Ben got the money to spend. If it was for free Estelle would have won it hands down this final week.

Tonight's finale reinforced for me why I didn't want Layla to win. She completely blanked Estelle after Michael was evicted and tonight was very ungracious when Estelle tried to hug her goodbye, looked quite disgusted in fact. It was the last night and the last time they were going to be together, could she not have tried to show a little class and kindness? Not cool in my book, Estelle was gracious to both of them.

I'm just glad I didn't have to hear what they said about her after she left.

My 10yr old daughter looks up to you. She has seen so much bullying in her short school life, right now her best friend is getting bullied by some other girls in their group of friends, It's been going on for a while. Very similar to what's happened with you in the house, everyone always talking about her behind her back and my daughter stuck in the middle. She has tried to stop it so many times but they just dont stop. and has seen the similarities between what happened to you and her bestie. Now we find out that it looks like her BFF is going to be moving schools next year because of this :( I am terrified it will start on her next. I hope My daughter finds the strength like what you had in the house to get through this. I hope they make you a spokes person for Bullying.

Really sorry about what your daughter and her friend are going through. My eldest went through the same thing, it was made worse due to the fact it was a very small class and she had few option. Self confidence is key in them being able to move on, give them social choices outside of school if you can to help build on that. She really identified with Estelle and was horrified at the way the other HM's were treating her.

Oh Stella, I don't know how I'm going to cope without your amazing presence in my life!!! You have given me so much happiness, and have taught me many lessons! You showed Australia that it isn't a crime to be a FREE SPIRIT; I can fully relate to this! I cantered around the room with you, laughed with you, cried with you...

Just know that you had HUGE support, week after week after week... An army of unwavering battlers, fighting for the good of Stellakind! That last hurdle was a tough one, but also know that we gave it everything we had! We never gave up on you for a second, and we never will!

You are truly INSPIRATIONAL, beautiful! You have a heart of gold and an absolutely breathtaking soul to match. Keep smiling! Your smile is the one thing that kept me watching! Going to miss you, that's for sure. :') :) xoxox

Estelle did really well, she beat to the final, three of the five biggest game players in BB history and knocked Michael out of his own show. Big Brother producers had already penciled him in as the winner from day 1. She literally was a game changer and should be proud.

Back