Skip to main content

Is George a useless and irrelevant housemate?

I don't think there is anything George could do outside of being dragged to his death along bitumen that would make me want to watch.

That is so cruel. You know they don't have a stretch of bitumen in the house. Why must you taunt us with these impossible dreams?

George seemed to get very excited , shown last night, and jumped up playing and gave a neck crunch to someone who had told Ava he was taken. Very excited he was............ George 'likes' the look of Ava....or the small body fit into his idea of the ideal woman ?

The hatred heaped upon an upstanding young man in George is eerily similar to bitchiness in the BB house, possibly even worse.

Hate to break this to the misandrist feminazis who populate this board but there are still many women out there today who are completely fine with marrying a bloke they fall in love with and staying home to raise their kids. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all, horses for courses and all that.

In this day and age all women have a choice and George does not have the power to force any woman he partners up with to do his bidding, nor have I seen any evidence that George intends to force a potential partner to do exactly as he commands.

I have never seen a more deliberate defamatory misrepresentation of a housemate before, should be ashamed of yourselves.

That's all well and good Conn, the point is he has made the assumption that his woman in waiting will be happy to be chained to the sink and be his home based secretary. We have no idea if she wants this life or not but George is basically stating 'my way or the highway'. It is the assumption he is making that all women will automatically stay at home that is offensive, not the fact that some women actually like to stay at home.

You need to work on comrephension and critical thinking skills.

That's all well and good Conn, the point is he has made the assumption that his woman in waiting will be happy to be chained to the sink and be his home based secretary. We have no idea if she wants this life or not but George is basically stating 'my way or the highway'. It is the assumption he is making that all women will automatically stay at home that is offensive, not the fact that some women actually like to stay at home.

You need to work on comrephension and critical thinking skills.

When did he blurt this out? I must've missed it 'cos I don't remember anything remotely close to it.

Anyway if he did indeed say that I take it to mean he'll move on and not that he'll hit her with a baseball bat and drag her to his cave against her will.

Putting words into people's mouth much?

Do you know what imply means? Cos that's what I was doing. He didn't actually state it, but by stating that he wants his woman to stay at home leads you to easily make the connection that a woman who does not want to stay at home would not be welcome as an applicant for George's wife.

The hatred heaped upon an upstanding young man in George is eerily similar to bitchiness in the BB house, possibly even worse.

Worse? Possibly even as bad the bitchiness on display here towards Ben? To be fair to you, Con, I can see how it looks bad. At least when people are bitching about Ben, it's because he's doing something. Bitching about inactivity possibly does come across as a little abstract.

Hate to break this to the misandrist feminazis who populate this board

Alan Jones? Is that you?

There is nothing innocent and inocuous about saying 'she can stay home and look after the kids and maybe do a real estate course'

There is nothing innocent and inocuous about saying 'she can stay home and look after the kids and maybe do a real estate course'

Remember, he's looking at this from the perspective of being rich. Where they can live well off his income. I don't know if it's the whole, oppressing the wife staying at home thing or not.

The real estate course was getting her involved in the property development business with him.

If you asked most men, they would say they'd like the wife home with the kids but for many it's purely because they are providing enough that the wife doesn't have to work if she doesn't want to. It doesn't have to be the little woman chained the the sink approach.

I personally don't think there's enough information to call this on george being completely sexist and old fashioned. I think it's just as likely as they won't need the income as well as maybe part of it to do with his mum struggling with out help from his father. That he wants to provide for his family.

I will reserve my true 'feminazi' (pffft) hate for a bit longer then :)

I sometimes wonder if I ahng around truly unique people because no man I know would say he wanted his lady at home (not unless they wanted a hole in their head anyway!!)

Slightly OTT but I do remember an episode of Jennifer Byrne when she was chatting to Christopher Hitchens and he said Mrs Hitchens doesn't have to work and Jennifer got all uppity and said oh sexist pig and he was all no Jennifer I didn't say ALL women, I said Mrs Hitchens doesn't have to and Mrs Hitchens doesn't want to. I was offended that she was trying to twist his words.

So to clairfy - it's ok if a woman wants to stay home but it is not ok for a man to automatically assume all women will stay home.

No you have it all wrong mate...Just because somebody isn't a natural drama queen doesn't mean they should GTFO cuz ur not entertained enough. wake up!
Yeah it does to me. Enter-freaking-tain me!! That's why I watch. Not to try and see a visible pulse in George's neck to make sure he's bloody alive!!

I will reserve my true 'feminazi' (pffft) hate for a bit longer then :)

I sometimes wonder if I ahng around truly unique people because no man I know would say he wanted his lady at home (not unless they wanted a hole in their head anyway!!)

Slightly OTT but I do remember an episode of Jennifer Byrne when she was chatting to Christopher Hitchens and he said Mrs Hitchens doesn't have to work and Jennifer got all uppity and said oh sexist pig and he was all no Jennifer I didn't say ALL women, I said Mrs Hitchens doesn't have to and Mrs Hitchens doesn't want to. I was offended that she was trying to twist his words.

So to clairfy - it's ok if a woman wants to stay home but it is not ok for a man to automatically assume all women will stay home.

Well said, ichi. It's the choice that's important, and according that choice respect, whichever it is.

Hate to break this to the misandrist feminazis who populate this board but there are still many women out there today who are completely fine with marrying a bloke they fall in love with and staying home to raise their kids. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all, horses for courses and all that.

In this day and age all women have a choice and George does not have the power to force any woman he partners up with to do his bidding, nor have I seen any evidence that George intends to force a potential partner to do exactly as he commands.

I have never seen a more deliberate defamatory misrepresentation of a housemate before, should be ashamed of yourselves.

I think you must be very young then , and only commenced reading if you've not seen such a misrepresentation of a housemate. Bucket of cement for you to harden up with. That or you are just trying to flame we poor, silly , females.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, he's looking at this from the perspective of being rich. Where they can live well off his income. I don't know if it's the whole, oppressing the wife staying at home thing or not.

The real estate course was getting her involved in the property development business with him.

If you asked most men, they would say they'd like the wife home with the kids but for many it's purely because they are providing enough that the wife doesn't have to work if she doesn't want to. It doesn't have to be the little woman chained the the sink approach.

I personally don't think there's enough information to call this on george being completely sexist and old fashioned. I think it's just as likely as they won't need the income as well as maybe part of it to do with his mum struggling with out help from his father. That he wants to provide for his family.

So because someone is rich, it's okay for him to say that the Mrs can stay home and look after the kids. Rich women work too, it 's called a career for both sexes.

People work for all sorts of reasons, not always just for money.

So because someone is rich, it's okay for him to say that the Mrs can stay home and look after the kids. Rich women work too, it 's called a career for both sexes.

People work for all sorts of reasons, not always just for money.

Nopes not my point.

Stay home or working is a choice. Wanting to give your wife that choice, which you can do with money. Is not the same as chaining her to the sink.

I think people have jumped on this a bit too much in the manner of, it's wrong for a woman to not have a separate career.

I don't think we have enough to judge on George being blatantly sexist or not. The notion of a mother staying at home with the kids is not a 100% sexist antiquated idea that is automatically wrong.

Nopes not my point.

Stay home or working is a choice. Wanting to give your wife that choice, which you can do with money. Is not the same as chaining her to the sink.

I think people have jumped on this a bit too much in the manner of, it's wrong for a woman to not have a separate career.

I don't think we have enough to judge on George being blatantly sexist or not. The notion of a mother staying at home with the kids is not a 100% sexist antiquated idea that is automatically wrong.

I agree it is not automatically wrong however the idea that one person gives another a choice is antiquated. No one needs another to give them a choice imo.

I agree it is not automatically wrong however the idea that one person gives another a choice is antiquated. No one needs another to give them a choice imo.

That's just nit picking on words. You know what I mean.

"Through being financially well off as a couple. Where the option for one partner to be free to choose for themselves, if they wants to stay at home with the kids or work is available."

Is that better?

Back