Skip to main content

Would you pay an annual subsrciption to BBB ?

Max_2

I have often wondered that if Tim is out of pocket to keep this site going each year would you be prepared to pay an Annual subscription for say, $5 to $10 ?

A few yers ago , Tim asked for help to upgrade his equipment and I can't remember how much was raised, but I was very impressed at the generosity of many of the subscribers.

Yes. For the fun I've had here and what I've learned.

Yes I would.

This forum is what makes BB more enjoyable for me.

It is like having a big family with whom you can talk on the same subject. My friends don't watch BB regularly and my family can't watch BB AU from France.

The owner of BBBA.

Ahhhhh.
Maybe a premium setup. There are some members who are on here all day every day and have thousands of posts who would probably be more likely to pay. Others who are new and/or don't spend as much time here and may be feeling a bit left out of the conversations would be less likely to want to pay when there are free alternatives.
There's also a problem of trolling. I've been trolled on here when I've tried to contribute. If you are going to charge money you'll need a more effective troll-management system.
Otherwise, why not just sell advertising space?

There are some members who are on here all day every day and have thousands of posts who would probably be more likely to pay. Others who are new and/or don't spend as much time here and may be feeling a bit left out of the conversations would be less likely to want to pay when there are free alternatives.
There's also a problem of trolling. I've been trolled on here when I've tried to contribute. If you are going to charge money you'll need a more effective troll-management system.
Otherwise, why not just sell advertising space?

I joined 3 months ago, and I donated for the first time Twenty Dollars 2-3 weeks ago by sending to Paypal to the email address [email protected] that is at bottom of main page. And I'm going to donate a further 10 dollars today. Normally I'm terrible at donating money. I only give to RSPCA because I'm a massive animal lover. I have a very precious little cat who I love dearly. I get annoyed at people at my door selling stuff, different Charities on my phone, and I even get annoyed at all these people standing inside and outside Shopping Malls trying to get me to buy stuff that I don't want. But besides RSPCA, the only other place I'm happy to donate is right here.

I don't like the way the "Donate to Big Brother" section is stuck right down the bottom of the page. :( I mean you can't even see it. You have to actually click on "Questions ........" to even see the Thread. I noticed Goon put up a good message at the very top of the page trying to get people to put their threads in the Housemate Section like they are meant to. Well, it would be a great idea if Tim could put a similar permanent message at the top regarding DONATIONS. I truly believe if this DONATE section was a lot more visible, I think your Donations would greatly increase. :D I have a terrific idea which I intend to do before the night is over. With Big Brother finishing this Wednesday, this subject needs to get people's attention.

This Forum is the first one I've ever donated to. Over the years, whenever I see on a Forum "Donate here" I normally think "Get Fucked." I know that's awful, but these are Forums that I rarely go to. This Forum is totally different. And I often think about Tim and even the Moderators who are helping out. Everything costs money, including running a website. I would love it if every member could send 10 dollars this week by Paypal. If they think 10 dollars is too much (it's not) then I'm sure Paypal would accept 5 dollars. A lot of times, people think "Oh it's only 5 dollars, but if 20 people donated, then that's 100 dollars right there. So imagine if 200 people donated 10 dollars. That would be 2 Thousand Dollars (I think) and 500 people at 10 dollars each would be 5 Thousand Dollars. :p

I wasn't sure what @sparklydragon meant when they said they had been trolled when they tried to contribute. If you read this, I'd love to know what you meant, and I mean this as a sincere question. I donated to Paypal, and I used the email address that is down the bottom in the questions section. I know people have been here many more years than me, and are probably donating. This message is more for people like me who have joined this year. :D

Yep I'd pay $10 annually and $5 every 6 months (paypal please) just to give people more subscription options plus it would prevent trollers from the site to some degree by not being able to freely sign up. The problem is people would need a try out period in order to know whether it really suits them otherwise the site wont generate enough traffic with a flat fee to start off with

I don't know if Tim's out of pocket or not. The issue he would have is, the second it becomes a paid website the responsibility you have to the forum goes up immensely.

No. I don't commit Centrelink fruad to waste the money on a damn website.

Nope. I wouldn't pay to have others abuse me lol Even if I do find a few members to be great. ;)

HAHAHA!! but what if he wins the $250,000 this year? He wont need it. Also I don't think Tim will probably come back and run this site with his new found fame and fortune. So if you want him back maybe don't let him win?

Back