Skip to main content

will they be the same type of housemates again this year as usual?

I think their have been a few stereotypes that have appeared in both seasons on Channel 9 that Alex M seems to enjoy so I think it is reasonable to expect that they will return in 2014.

These stereotypes include:

The token gay: Ben2012 Ben2013.
The token overweight girl: Zoe2012 Heidi2013. The fact that the producers drew attention to their weight at times shows that they were token housemates.
The token nerd/geek: Bradley2012. Ben2013.
The jocks: Ryan, Ray, and George2012. Ed, Matt, and Caleb2013.
The loud, funny alternative guy in his mid to late 20's and his ladies man sidekick: Michael and Josh2012. Tim and Drew2013.

I think we can expect a similar batch of housemates this year.

Okay, diversity? I'll give you diversity:
25 year old female Korean albino piano tuner
85 year old male with a colostomy bag
29 year old male Russian lion tamer that speaks no English. And he brought his lion.
39 year old Uzbekistanian hermaphrodite
And Travis from 2008

Last edited:
29 year old male Russian lion tamer that speaks no English. And he brought his lion.
And Travis from 2008

Anything other than this is going to be a massive let down now :(

I don't mind some of the stereotypes, as long as there is a mix of them. Example, I enjoy the bogan representation (boog), the jocks- some say they are boring, but it's the reactions the girls give in the house towards them that is entertaining (Layla and jade), the token nerd (Ben 2013, Bradley-they say some of the funniest things all season for me), the mean girls (mikkayla vs tahan, angie vs estelle- mikk and tahnys fights were some of the best things last season for me), the token mum (I hope they choose one that will have more of a hit than last years)- a diversity in personalities and age provides for a good home. If they were all extreme in personality, I just think I would get bored after a while. The boring hm's sometimes mixed with louder personalities is what bb is about IMO.

Last edited:
And Travis from 2008

... and the return of JustynnnNNnnn

Jhustynne really is the universal spelling.

Also, now I really really want someone with a colostomy bag in there, imagine the twitter feed updates "Brian changes colostomy bag after massive explosion from last nights lentil curry"

Frankly, now that I remember who Justynnjail is I recall that I did not care for him. Did not care for him at all.

Yeah. You heard me. :whistling:

Frankly, now that I remember who Justynnjail is I recall that I did not care for him. Did not care for him at all.

Yeah. You heard me. :whistling:

4040042-giphy.gif

And Travis from 2008

Seriously makes me laugh every time I read it!

If its channel 9 casting it will be white, attractive, heterosexual Aussies and some minorities thrown in

And Travis from 2008

I can't believe I couldn't remember who Travis was. Ha!

Back