Skip to main content

Why do people enjoy watching Priya?

Invisible by choice? If you weren't cheating on your missus or finger bashing some bird or talking like a bitch ditzy cunt no one gave a fuck. Reflects on the simpletons of society.

Because it's a TV show, there needs to be drama/entertainment value for air time and ratings. Ryan himself even said that it took ages for him to come out of his shell, no wonder he was so invisible at the start. All I'm saying is I'm sick of the same questions being asked about Priya and Skye and the same answers always being given. I noticed them from the beginning of the series, shame I can't say the same about Ryan, I know what the show is like with him and without him, not much difference.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I was a Priya fan. I thought she was often insightful, intelligent and offered a lot of positive things to the house. However, I have turned off of her the past month. The longer the show lasts the worse it becomes.

I find that much of what is shown makes her out to be the most hypocritical person in the house. Worse still, however, is that the show has portrayed her as being the most deceitful person in the house. The next time that she claims that she doesn't talk about other housemates behind their backs (usually with Jason before he left but now it's almost always Lina) I'll throw a remote control at the television. Big Brother shows her doing it more than any other member of the household. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if ninety percent of the scenes where she is the focus is of her doing this.

My dislike for how Big Brother has portrayed Priya has nothing to do with her nationality, her cultural background or anything of the sort. In fact, the numerous times where she became upset because of cultural differences I was able to pinpoint the reasoning before it escalated.

At the point we have now reached in the season where you have to vote for who you want to win Big Brother we (my partner and I) jot down points for and against -- separately. We ultimately vote for the one individual together (we each contribute equally to our phone bill). We ask ourselves what are the memorable events that each individual member of the house has been a part of and also what negative events have they also shown. I'm disappointed to suggest that there's a lot of negative experiences that I remember and not even close to the same amount of positives. My partner who has remained faithful to Priya was shocked when she herself listed more negatives than positives.

In saying that I believe that it goes to show that it's not always who the best housemate is on their own merit but rather who the Big Brother crew want to highlight and how they do so. An obvious example of this, to move away from Priya albeit briefly, is Skye. When this forum and others had highlighted Skye as the favorite and advised people to put their money on her now while it's most economically beneficial the immediate response by Big Brother was to have almost an entire episode and part of the subsequent one where all they seemingly did was to highlight Skye's flaws.

How much of the non-gossipy things did they not show that Priya was involved with? We'll never know. They may not have been nearly as controversial and therefore arguably Australia may have seen her in a much brighter light. I'm not suggesting that she's a bad person but rather that she hasn't exactly been portrayed to her strengths as much as she could or perhaps should have been.

Because it's a TV show, there needs to be drama/entertainment value for air time and ratings. Ryan himself even said that it took ages for him to come out of his shell, no wonder he was so invisible at the start. All I'm saying is I'm sick of the same questions being asked about Priya and Skye and the same answers always being given. I noticed them from the beginning of the series, shame I can't say the same about Ryan, I know what the show is like with him and without him, not much difference.

I could say the same about Priya. Has offered nothing of humour or "fun" in the house and she is apparently a comedian.

I could say the same about Priya. Has offered nothing of humour or "fun" in the house and she is apparently a comedian.

I don't think you can say the same thing about Priya, she was the first housemate I noticed because she was the first advertised for the season and the first housemate to enter the house. She was established as strategist from the start, even through her ad promo I got that vibe from her. She was not advertised as a comedian nor did she say she was on the launch night......viewers outside of this forum know her profession to be a Teacher, which it is. However she also is an aspiring comedian.

For an aspiring comedian Priya doesn't actually seem to have a sense of humour.
Yes I know most comedians are sad clowns and aren't funny in real life but really I just can't see Priya doing stand up...........maybe she is great but I'm just not seeing it

Long time reader, first time poster.

I was a Priya fan. I thought she was often insightful, intelligent and offered a lot of positive things to the house. However, I have turned off of her the past month. The longer the show lasts the worse it becomes.

Geez, i was about to make a new post with virtually an identical beginning. I agree exactly with quote.

But now, all she does it just remind me of the teachers I spent years working with in my career. (Yep, i'm using the stereotype - I'm allowed, I've worked in it).

Preachy
Analyses everything that doesn't need to be (OK fair enough, its bigbrother - thats what you do)
Talks to other ADULTS as though they are children. Classic unaware condescension.
Think they know everything (As a result of working with CHILDREN all their damn life, many of them start to think this way)
Have no bloody idea how the real world works, and no clue that other adults in other professions are mostly smarter than them.

Just piss off already.

Last edited:
Back