Skip to main content

What's your biggest fear?

urghh... I'm facing a lot of peoples fears on Wednesday.. THE DENTIST -- and its either a root canal or wisdom tooth removal.. &*^% I hate tooth aches, lucky I have some Targin to numb the pain... I'll actually be looking forward to the injection to numb my gum...

Biggest fears are the general ones discussed here.
Death
Spiders
Etc

Also fear that no one will reply to my unplugged thread ( in lounge, no charge )

I just wish in life that the "not knowing" and "not wanting to know" are as far apart as possible

Mine is being splashed by water by some gummy faced friend during my 15 minute ritual of slowly creeping into really cold water.

I am deathly afraid of dying as well as driving up a very steep (almost completely vertical) hill and then sliding backwards. I have these dreams a lot.

I find all dogs scary. I never trust when someone says "the wouldn't hurt a fly".

I have tried to not let them see that I am scared, but they sense it and will bark at me. I feel bad when I visit people and ask them to put their dogs in another room. I even change the direction I walk if I see someone with a dog.

I have never been attacked by a dog, but have always been fearful of random big dogs attacking me for some reason.

I wish I liked dogs :(
Omg I thought I'd written this! If I don't know the dog I am scared to death. I remember standing at the bus stop when I was a girl and a shaggy stray came up next to me and stepped on my foot. I wanted to scream![DOUBLEPOST=1415680788][/DOUBLEPOST]
Elevators, more than 3 people on an elevator and I'm out. There is t enough air on an elevator for that many people.
I have this phobia as well. Also, when I shake hands with someone I get the feeling that my hand is on fire and that I must wash the germs away immediately. I guess I am neurotic, but after reading this thread, it is nice to know I am not the only one.

Last edited:
Lol this made me realise I got a lot of fears. But the main ones:

- Love ones dying
- Being trapped in a tiny space (not meaning elevators, but more like a building falling and I'm trapped in it with things on top of me, ahh even thinking about it scares me) or being trapped in a tube lol.
- Dying a horrific death (such as getting my head chopped off etc)

I know it's probably a weird way to look at it, but given what you've written above, it shows you respect our furry buddies. How are you with puppies as in new-born little guys? Do they bring out the anxiety?

I do try and respect animals, even if it makes me uneasy. I have never been around puppies, but have no interest in touching them. I don't think I could be scared of them if they didn't have any teeth. Sry bout the late reply by the way :)

I do try and respect animals, even if it makes me uneasy. I have never been around puppies, but have no interest in touching them. I don't think I could be scared of them if they didn't have any teeth. Sry bout the late reply by the way :)

Well, newborn puppies are like little jellybeans! Their eyes aren't even open. I asked the question because I thought that perhaps seeing them in that very vulnerable stage of their lives and watch their growth, it may help your fear dissipate. :)

No worries re late reply. That pesky thing called LIFE always tends to get in the way.:tongue:

I'm actually emetophobic. So there's that.
Me too. I'm deathly afraid of vomiting. I get extremely nervous and scared when someone nearby vomits. I can't stand the sight and sound of someone vomiting. I've kept myself from vomiting since November 1998 (yep, I'm obsessed). I've had two vomit-free stomach viruses since then.

Btw, I really find cockroaches disgusting. They're so grotesque and an offensive sight for the eyes. I lose my appetite when I see one. Nasty little pricks...

Cockroaches, there were two mating in my bed the other night, ( while i Was in bed) I've been sleeping on the couch.
Insects in general, moths etc except butterflies and ladybirds. I refuse to kill anything though.

I'm chlostreophobic. I've been trapped in elevators numerous times and if stairs is an option, I'm happy. I've also been trapped in a boot. (of a car)

And oh MY FUCKING GOD cotton buds drive me insane, I just can't even. Thinking about even makes me grind my teeth.

Also being underground such as basements, or some parking lots.
Maybe that's my chlostreophobia kicking in.

Back