Skip to main content

What's your biggest fear?

I've always been curious about the fear of dogs and where it stems from (mostly because I love dogs). Is it any breed?? Or is it certain breeds that are scary?

I find all dogs scary. I never trust when someone says "the wouldn't hurt a fly".

I have tried to not let them see that I am scared, but they sense it and will bark at me. I feel bad when I visit people and ask them to put their dogs in another room. I even change the direction I walk if I see someone with a dog.

I have never been attacked by a dog, but have always been fearful of random big dogs attacking me for some reason.

I wish I liked dogs :(

Birds, rats and mice, caterpillars, vomit, dying, some heights, the darkest dark, very drunk or drugged people.
Chickens don't bother me though but I will approach them carefully.

Aww. wow. If it helps quell one of those, I have died before and it's really no big deal.

Birds, rats and mice, caterpillars, vomit, dying, some heights, the darkest dark, very drunk or drugged people.
Chickens don't bother me though but I will approach them carefully.
Adding bats to the list.
Cockroaches don't faze me at all. Cuties.

Adding bats to the list.
Cockroaches don't faze me at all. Cuties.
My Nanna used to say that seeing a bat inside ( house, shed etc) meant a death. We came from a place where bats weren't common so it was quite a big deal to spot one at all. It was eerie how that superstition came true. Small town so we always knew when someone passed. She used to chase them out if she saw one, reckoned that prevented a death.

I live in Melbourne and under the flight path to and from the Botanic Gardens when they all lived there. Yikes, they freaked me out.

I find all dogs scary. I never trust when someone says "the wouldn't hurt a fly".

I have tried to not let them see that I am scared, but they sense it and will bark at me. I feel bad when I visit people and ask them to put their dogs in another room. I even change the direction I walk if I see someone with a dog.

I have never been attacked by a dog, but have always been fearful of random big dogs attacking me for some reason.

I wish I liked dogs :(

I know it's probably a weird way to look at it, but given what you've written above, it shows you respect our furry buddies. How are you with puppies as in new-born little guys? Do they bring out the anxiety?

A disaster or travelling mishap, leaving me without the drugs I take for neuropathic pain.

Clowns. Those motherf&*%ers are down right creepy and make my skin crawl. Hence why I would never set foot in a circus.

Maybe I don't fear them but I definitely can't stand them.

Haha not exactly. It's just that it doesn't look like me staring back.

Yes!! If it's really late at night (usually when I'm brushing my teeth) and I look at myself in the mirror I get this really weird feeling like my reflection is from another dimension and has a mind of its own or something. If I stare at my own eyes it especially freaks me out. I might be crazy.

Do you get that feeling from cotton balls? I can't touch them because it's that skin crawl feeling.
I get both the foam feeling and the cotton ball feeling. Also touching wooden chopping boards when they're wet disgusts me. It makes my stomach turn, especially if I touch it against the grain.

Heights
European Wasps and Earwigs make me do the girly scream.
Emus - I'm so glad someone else gets that @Flamingos!

I also go through phases of agoraphobia - supermarkets are the worst. And I also never enter a room of people first.

I'm fine with snakes and spiders and all creepy crawlers EXCEPT for damned cockroaches. I seriously can not deal with them. I don't know exactly why, I don't know whether I had a bad experience with them as a child or what but they make my skin crawl.

I can't even kill them. Can not touch them or deal with the thought of them even touching the underside of my shoes :p

Clowns. Those motherf&*%ers are down right creepy and make my skin crawl. Hence why I would never set foot in a circus.

Maybe I don't fear them but I definitely can't stand them.
Cockies & flies freak me out, for me its hard coz I'm a bit of a germaphobe. I have to follow them around the house until they're dead no matter what, mice, ants any vermin in the house then I have to disinfect everything, its a nightmare... The smell of flyspray makes me choke so I spray then leave the house then disinfect it when the spray smell has gone...

Thus I live alone, can't live with people coz as soon as they do something unhygienic I ask them to leave.. I would probably last a few hours in the BB house if that - then climb the walls to get out.

Clowns I hate, one scared me as a kid & I punched it in the balls very hard, he screamed at me - maybe that's why I hate them...

I thought of another one. Spontaneous Combustion.

I also don't like clowns, but I don't fear them as such. Also, ventriloquist dummies are on the no likey shitlist.

Elevators, more than 3 people on an elevator and I'm out. There is t enough air on an elevator for that many people.

Back