Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

Dedicated to NZ politics this weekend....

A little boy asked me should he put his vote upon the left, no
A little boy asked me should he put his vote upon the right, no
I say it really doesn't matter where you put your vote
'Cause someone else will come along and move it
And it's always been the same
It's just a complicated game

KILLERS, I love them, and Brandon Flowers....hmmmmmmmm
Glad they had fun at the MCG, and back soon!

Solo

This one featuring Lou Reed,

And music lovers, are you watching the music history shows on SBS? Very good one about the Women's Movement soundtrack last week.
This week...2 on tonight

Soundtracks: Songs That Defined History

'The Berlin Wall And The Fall Of Communism'

SBS, 8:30pm, Sun, 1 Oct 2017, 50 minutes

After decades living under a repressive Communist regime, the people of East Germany could no longer stay trapped behind the brick wall that separated them from their countrymen in the West - and so they tore that Wall down. Since the 1960s, West Berlin had been a cultural hotspot and a draw for artists like the Rolling Stones and David Bowie. But because rock music was considered politically dangerous to the Communist authorities, teenagers in the East had little access to it. This episode charts the course of the Cold War in Berlin through music, showing how it helped to sow the seeds of rebellion. After the Wall officially came down in 1989, a number of artists including Roger Waters of Pink Floyd put on concerts to celebrate. But it was a German band, the Scorpions, who came up with the true anthem of that moment in time, 'Wind of Change', which captured the bittersweet emotions behind such a dramatic moment in history.

Soundtracks: Songs That Defined History

'Out Loud And Proud'

SBS, 9:20pm, Sun, 1 Oct 2017, 50 minutes

The LGBT movement in America began one night in late June on the streets of Greenwich Village, New York, in a bar called the Stonewall Inn. When police raided the place, gay men and women who had been made to live in the shadows of shame finally decided to fight back against the police, and to demand their civil rights. Bars and dance clubs were - and still are - places of refuge for LGBT people, and the music played on jukeboxes, from Judy Garland to Gloria Gaynor, has also been a vital aspect of the LGBT experience over the past five decades. Although the 1980s and 90s brought the AIDS crisis and anti-gay legislation that threatened the LGBT community, it only strengthened the resolve of activists - and artists - to push harder. Some musicians incorporated aspects of LGBT life into their lyrics. Others have furthered the cause of equality simply by coming out of the closet. This is a struggle that is not over, but with allies in popular culture like Lady Gaga, this episode shows the power of music to raise awareness and to preach tolerance.

Sydney, well received

hrcDsvPjuZXSZOFt.jpg

DLCbo3yVYAAuLf1.jpg

Clips here
http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...l/news-story/5423c5d5ab26780a77a061801422ae60

Back