Skip to main content

VICE

Wow, that was interesting but intense.
I had heard about the missing 43 and knew the mayor and wife were involved but I didn't know the reasons why - crazy and selfish.
The story had so many levels to it that I weren't aware of.
We are so lucky in Australia that the corruption is nothing like what is going on in Mexico.

I am 1/3 of the way through the North Korea vids. Then if I can deal with more - the labour camps.
The first one was funny when Shane was looking for the bugs in his hotel rom and when he was playing games with the tea lady!
But its so hard to fathom that such a country exists with the majority of the population brainwashed and subjected to non stop propaganda.
I had been seeing news stories about the missing kids from mexico for a while... I knew that VICE had a video on it, so I watched it last night then posted it here...Mexico is fucked! I think the number of murder people since 2006 is 60,000... that is insane... Could you image if there were 60,000 people murder in Australia in that period... This place would be even more of a nanny state... anyway back to mexico... I feel so bad for the regular people who just want to live, love and be happy...

For some reason NK is so interesting too me.... Do the powers that be in NK not realise that the silly shows they put on like in the these video's to tourist come off as so fake... There is another time that Vice went to NK. It was with Dennis Rodman... anyway the VICE journalist was shown a university which had a room full of students on computers, except no body was typing and they all just had google open... there was only one person actually using the internet and the guides showed that one and only guy to the VICE people.... Its' like we know your country is fucked... stop putting on this charade....

giphy.gif

I just thought you were doing a good job with showing us some of the videos from Vice. That's all.

I had been seeing news stories about the missing kids from mexico for a while... I knew that VICE had a video on it, so I watched it last night then posted it here...Mexico is fucked! I think the number of murder people since 2006 is 60,000... that is insane... Could you image if there were 60,000 people murder in Australia in that period... This place would be even more of a nanny state... anyway back to mexico... I feel so bad for the regular people who just want to live, love and be happy...

For some reason NK is so interesting too me.... Do the powers that be in NK not realise that the silly shows they put on like in the these video's to tourist come off as so fake... There is another time that Vice went to NK. It was with Dennis Rodman... anyway the VICE journalist was shown a university which had a room full of students on computers, except no body was typing and they all just had google open... there was only one person actually using the internet and the guides showed that one and only guy to the VICE people.... Its' like we know your country is fucked... stop putting on this charade....

I don't think it's worse than the middle east and part of Africa tho. Millions of tourists travel to Mexico and don't get caught up in massacres or else their tourism industry would have been destroyed by now. Not saying that innocent lives haven't been lost amid the violence but by and large the murders have been restricted more or less to those somewhat connected to the lucrative drug trade created by the insatiable demand from the US. I'd rather take my chances in Mexico than some arab and african countries, let me put it that way.

I don't think it's worse than the middle east and part of Africa tho. Millions of tourists travel to Mexico and don't get caught up in massacres or else their tourism industry would have been destroyed by now. Not saying that innocent lives haven't been lost amid the violence but by and large the murders have been restricted more or less to those somewhat connected to the lucrative drug trade created by the insatiable demand from the US. I'd rather take my chances in Mexico than some arab and african countries, let me put it that way.
You are right there are a lot worse places in the world... It's just a horrible situation tho... The political systems is so corrupt... anyone wanting to do good or anyone against the cartels has no chance... In fact you might as well just not even bother trying to change things... they will probably just end up dead... sad state of affairs...

You are right there are a lot worse places in the world... It's just a horrible situation tho... The political systems is so corrupt... anyone wanting to do good or anyone against the cartels has no chance... In fact you might as well just not even bother trying to change things... they will probably just end up dead... sad state of affairs...
Well that's pretty much true of 80% of the countries in the world that are labeled as 'developing'. They just don't have an economical behemoth (the world's number 1 economy for decades) next door with a population whose craving for illicit drugs is unparalleled and never-ending making the billions of dollars there for the taking just too tempting to pass up.

Yeah I agree Mexico is crazy. I've heard some scary stories from mates who have travelled there.
As for the 60,000 murders- the media here goes crazy when one child goes missing (and rightly so) however I think news.com.au would explode if we had numbers like 60,000

North Korea is insane. A nation of a boy and some men (that haven't been executed) in charge in a bubble.
As for Dennis Rodman how the fuck did he get in and become buddies with the `Marshal'? Crazy~~
I couldn't find the vid you were talking about with the lone net guy but I found when the harlem globe trotters visited!?!

I watched a few other vice clips - some about MH17, the real weeds lady!(only a bit got bored) but there's so many to watch - yah

That one of the NK labour camps was funny but sad - really puts your own life in perspective and you realise just how fuckin lucky we live in Australia

These are the videos that got me hooked on VICE, they are about DPRK or The Democratic Peoples's republic of Korea. I found them fascinating.

Wow, interesting series of videos, especially when he was in that banquet hall and they were laying down these plates of food at these empty tables, only to pick them up when he had left. I liked the tea lady who hadn't seen anyone for about ten months and the Arirang festival.

Yeah I agree Mexico is crazy. I've heard some scary stories from mates who have travelled there.
As for the 60,000 murders- the media here goes crazy when one child goes missing (and rightly so) however I think news.com.au would explode if we had numbers like 60,000

North Korea is insane. A nation of a boy and some men (that haven't been executed) in charge in a bubble.
As for Dennis Rodman how the fuck did he get in and become buddies with the `Marshal'? Crazy~~
I couldn't find the vid you were talking about with the lone net guy but I found when the harlem globe trotters visited!?!

I watched a few other vice clips - some about MH17, the real weeds lady!(only a bit got bored) but there's so many to watch - yah

That one of the NK labour camps was funny but sad - really puts your own life in perspective and you realise just how fuckin lucky we live in Australia

The killings in Mexico are no different to a war zone. Only that the cause they're fighting for is not about ideology, religion or territory it's about plain old lucre numbered in the billions of dollars from a lucrative American drug market.

You put the US next to another less well off developing country and the same thing will undoubtedly take place.

Did you guys read that the movie about north Korea is not being released and may not ever be released in any form?

The movie called The Interview that I posted about earlier in this thread. Apparently SONY was warned not to make the movie by various people but they did anyway. They were being all supportive of it, then suddenly the New York premiere is cancelled.
Then the stars cancel all appearances. Then this theaters are allowed to decide whether to show it. At some point in there, the threat that to theater's was released. Then all the theater chains dropped it. And now there is no point in releasing it.

Did you guys read that the movie about north Korea is not being released and may not ever be released in any form?

The movie called The Interview that I posted about earlier in this thread. Apparently SONY was warned not to make the movie by various people but they did anyway.
Yep, I was just reading about this, I posted a few articles in the "In The News" thread.

Yep, I was just reading about this, I posted a few articles in the "In The News" thread.
I didn't see those. It's weird, the news is a little muted about it here. Something very weird going on.they are definitely connecting it to north Korea. But that's not surprising .

I didn't see those. It's weird, the news is a little muted about it here. Something very weird going on.they are definitely connecting it to north Korea. But that's not surprising .
Fingers crossed that NK did not actually have an attacked planned and we just making idle threats. I think the reason that the cinema chains pulled the film is they don't want another batman shooting situation, because if something like that happened again there would most likely be a drop in people going to the cinemas.

Fingers crossed that NK did not actually have an attacked planned and we just making idle threats. I think the reason that the cinema chains pulled the film is they don't want another batman shooting situation, because if something like that happened again there would most likely be a drop in people going to the cinemas.
Its more complicated than that.Christmas is a huge day for movies here. If people are afraid to go, all theaters and movies lose out big time money. I don't think the threat is believable, but just making it is enough for people to just stay home. They might anyway. No one needs to go to the movies on Christmas, so they might just stay home instead this year.

Back