Skip to main content

VICE

When I have time I am definitely going to check out these vids - they look very interesting and telling it how it is without the bullshit
The only scary thing was when I went to check the latest post on this thread was I accidently clicked on the Tina Arena thread - aagh - now that was scary

When I have time I am definitely going to check out these vids - they look very interesting and telling it how it is without the bullshit
The only scary thing was when I went to check the latest post on this thread was I accidently clicked on the Tina Arena thread - aagh - now that was scary

:rolleyes:

Interesting to me to see how worried the journalist was about the monkey meat, but the people he spoke to didn't seem to worry about it.
Well of course those people grew up eating it... it's kind like when westerns freak out about people from china eating dog meat...

Well of course those people grew up eating it... it's kind like when westerns freak out about people from china eating dog meat...

I guess, but if there was a potentially life threatening disease carried by cows in Australia I would stop eating all cow related meat products, however I suppose the difference being is that I live in a rich and prosperous country, while many African countries are very poor and the people there could probably not afford alternative foods like I could.

I guess, but if there was a potentially life threatening disease carried by cows in Australia I would stop eating all cow related meat products, however I suppose the difference being is that I live in a rich and prosperous country, while many African countries are very poor and the people there could probably not afford alternative foods like I could.
I think the people in this film also don't trust their governments which is the source of the Ebola warnings.... To them they did not heed the warnings which did have some effect on the amount of people effected and killed from Ebola... I think when you are learning about other parts of the world it's best to take off your western first world country hat and try to imagine what life is like for these people.

I think the people in this film also don't trust their governments which is the source of the Ebola warnings.... To them they did not heed the warnings which did have some effect on the amount of people effected and killed from Ebola... I think when you are learning about other parts of the world it's best to take off your western first world country hat and try to imagine what life is like for these people.

Mistrust in the Government probably played a big hand in the spread of Ebola in these countries. One of the people on the video said they reckoned that the Government is faking an ebola outbreak to scam money off western governments.

I agree that it's best to try and look at things from a different perspective without any pre-concieved ideas that one may have from living in a different environment. I like being challenged, and I like to read and hear different perspectives on things, so so far I'm finding the videos interesting.

Mistrust in the Government probably played a big hand in the spread of Ebola in these countries. One of the people on the video said they reckoned that the Government is faking an ebola outbreak to scam money off western governments.

I agree that it's best to try and look at things from a different perspective without any pre-concieved ideas that one may have from living in a different environment. I like being challenged, and I like to read and hear different perspectives on things, so so far I'm finding the videos interesting.
Oh that's great I'll post some more tomorrow.... :)

Back