Skip to main content

Upfronts 2024 - Big Brother Uncut returns

Bertrendo

This is taken from the press release posted on TV Tonight. Unsure if this is a typo but is this another season next year or is this the 'House of Love' series upcoming?

Big Brother
Host Sonia Kruger and Big Brother will welcome a new batch of housemates when Big Brother returns in 2024. A proven hit with younger viewers and on 7plus, Big Brother defined the reality TV genre and continues to enthral and – sometimes – shock Australians more than 20 years after it first arrived on our screens. Next year’s series will deliver hook ups, break ups, make ups, shake ups and love in a battlefield, plus the return of Big Brother Uncut, a spicy exclusive 7plus only series. Big Brother is produced by Endemol Shine Australia (a Banijay company) for the Seven Network.

Every year they announce one or more shows in the Upfronts that fail to eventuate, and I suspect BB will be one of them. But it seems that Uncut will return for the forthcoming season at least.

Every year they announce one or more shows in the Upfronts that fail to eventuate, and I suspect BB will be one of them. But it seems that Uncut will return for the forthcoming season at least.

I don't think there will be a BB Uncut this year, I have seen no news alluding to that

Last edited:
393719254_885131662971883_5458919419381104620_n.jpg

It's on the programming board for 2024. If we look at it like a timeline with things lining up similar to this years schedual, it's looking like another October/November slot for the show.

View attachment 60169

It's on the programming board for 2024. If we look at it like a timeline with things lining up similar to this years schedual, it's looking like another October/November slot for the show.
The News.com.au article: "Infamous X-rated Aussie show returns", said this:
"The Australian reality show was slated to return to screens in November but it’s now been delayed until next year, Seven announced at its Upfronts event in Sydney on Wednesday."
I would doubt they'd air this 'House of Love' series in October/November next year, that is a whole 2 years after it was filmed.

I would doubt they'd air this 'House of Love' series in October/November next year, that is a whole 2 years after it was filmed.
I was watching the Upfronts and Sonia mentioned that we're "weeks away from the new season" So season 15 is still airing November and then season 16 next year.

This feels all rather confusing. Is it just the usual case of announcing a new series for next year if something yet to air this year and that series never seeing the light of day. They just don't want to confirm it's been axed whilst they have a whole series to air.

Adding Big Brother Uncut is just yo get some cheap publicity and feed into their "sexy singles" narrative even if it doesn't apply to this season.

Last edited:
I was watching the Upfronts and Sonia mentioned that we're "weeks away from the new season" So season 15 is still airing November and then season 16 next year.

Almost feels like my "maybe they will dump this season without airing it" wish was going to come true! As for another season let's not forget they don't even have a house in which to film it. Which is a good thing.

I'm wondering what next year's show could look like - it was previously said last year (or early this year) that they were planning on taking a very good look at the BBUK revival once that premiered... I wonder what the chances are of seeing a format switch - assuming that BB2023 is still airing in November of course (since that situation is now confusing af).

If they have pushed back BBAU2023, I wonder how the housemates would feel about Uncut appearing as a companion series given that during filming they would have assumed things that would appear in Uncut would never be seen based on the previous seasons on Seven - so they were likely to have taken things further than they otherwise would have...

Last edited:
If they have pushed back BBAU2023, I wonder how the housemates would feel about Uncut appearing as a companion series given that during filming they would have assumed things that would appear in Uncut would never be seen based on the previous seasons on Seven - so they were likely to have taken things further than they otherwise would have...

I'm sure their contracts would be carefully worded and totally watertight.

LOL! I doubt “Big Brother Uncut” is going to be anything like the original show. I mean after all Channel 7’s “Big Brother” is completely different to the original show.

Would hardly be surprised if it was just what they call 2 minute clips of unseen footage on 7 Plus of random house footage.

Honestly, from the article I read it sounded like BB is back this year. Then next year there's a BB uncut. I had no idea if it was of that show, or just moments or what. So BB is back next year also with uncut? Or are we all just kind of clueless.

Perhaps Channel 7 are deliberately being vague and confusing to generate Big Brother related interest and publicity.

Big Brother
Host Sonia Kruger and Big Brother will welcome a new batch of housemates when Big Brother returns in 2024. A proven hit with younger viewers and on 7plus, Big Brother defined the reality TV genre and continues to enthral and – sometimes – shock Australians more than 20 years after it first arrived on our screens. Next year’s series will deliver hook ups, break ups, make ups, shake ups and love in a battlefield, plus the return of Big Brother Uncut, a spicy exclusive 7plus only series. Big Brother is produced by Endemol Shine Australia (a Banijay company) for the Seven Network.

So in other words the above mean they are still making it a dating show next year? WHY?!

I wonder if the renewal of this was purely a way to justify Sonia’s ridiculous contract next year. Rather than try to find another format it was easier from them to wheel out another season of tripe

Also on the Uncut thing… they do the same with SAS Australia. It’s basically just no beeping of swear words unlike the broadcast edition which does. As well as a few extra scenes. Don’t get your hopes up

Back