Skip to main content

Tully Making Lesbians Look Bad

Stating in the video that she gets a thrill when (she thinks) guys are checking her out, is the reason I didn't initially warm to her but I still naively took her at her word when she said she was lesbian. But I guess this dependency on male approval is something she shares with Jade, and instead of being narky at each-other they'd be better off having a good empathetic chat and try to help one another overcome that insecurity and its resulting self-sabotaging behaviour.

yeah good point. I think everyone would bash Tully if they thought her "friendship" with Drew was inappropriate. Or BB is hiding it for some reason but i don´t think so.
I only hope Drew hasn´t won showdown coz i can´t see him not saving Tully. He practically has no other choice or she would go absolutely mental.

nah man people are bashing Tully big time on the show. Tim, Matt, Ed and probably some other HMs have all been muttering about how her relationship with Drew can be considered inappropriate. I think they all quietened down a bit about it after Tully said something along the lines of, 'my girlfriend would be alright with it, she understands I'm an affectionate person' etc.

What a stupid comment, there are annoying emotional bitchy lesbians and there are kind bubbly confident ones as well and a host of other diverse personalities, if you or anyone else is judging or labeling all lesbians from one fickle little Sydney socialite in the house then maybe look at your own homophobia. She can label herself lesbian, bi or straight she has every right to, just because she hugs Matt and flirts with Drew doesn't mean she's 'obviously' bi.

Also I don't think anyone is put into the house to wave the flag for any sort of minority, they're just diverse individuals chosen to play a game. I don't have any bets on Tahan for changing Indigenous stereotypes either.
Your rant fails. Tully said herself she is bisexual and attracted to both genders.

Guess I didn't hear Tully say that she's bi and not lesbian? Just going by what I know or have been led to understand about Tully from the show. Being gay/straight/bi what have you is a lot more fluid than most people think but that doesn't mean that anyone has the right to say someone is too gay or not gay enough to be labeled under a specific sexual preference.
You are trying to redefine labels here. Gay/lesbian/homosexual means you are attracted to same/your own sex. Straight/heterosexual means you are attracted to opposite sex. Bisexual means you are attarcted to both sexes. It's simple as that.

I was going by how Tully defined herself in the house, she came in and stated she was a lesbian and I wasn't about to question someone elses authority on their own sexuality like some people were doing in this thread. Right now it is evident that she is confused, isn't able to define her sexuality and needs to grow a little, simple as that.

Last post on this shouldn't have said anything and let the thread die but I hated your sentiments in your posts. Peace.

Last edited:
Her sexuality is just that, HER'S. As someone who identifies as an on again off again bisexual I can verify that sexual orientation can be fluid and ever changing. No one has a right to define or judge your sexual preference. This is a topic close to my heart so I will never question who Tully feels for. Tully is also an individual, so if there was someone who based judgement of a whole community of people based on their actions, I don't feel anger, I feel pity for them. If someone is that ignorant enough to base their overall judgement of lesbians based on Tully then they can hit the road!

never realised she was in the house as a representative of the International Society of Lesbians.

Oh you evil people! :p made me chuckle too, though. I am evil without a doubt.

Just wanted to add: shaved head, feminist 130kg "girls" are what make lesbians look bad.
Not Tully.
I'm not going to comment on the first part of this because... ugh.

But Tully doesn't make lesbians look bad because she is NOT a lesbian. People can call themselves whatever they like, but if one uses the term lesbian or homosexual, each having clearly defined denotations and connotations, and is still attracted to and/or engages in sexual intimacy with members of the opposite sex, he or she is not homosexual. Tully says she calls herself a lesbian because she doesn't think bisexual accurately conveys her preference for women. Guess what? If there are no labels that suit you, DON'T USE THEM.

I'm not going to comment on the first part of this because... ugh.

But Tully doesn't make lesbians look bad because she is NOT a lesbian. People can call themselves whatever they like, but if one uses the term lesbian or homosexual, each having clearly defined denotations and connotations, and is still attracted to and/or engages in sexual intimacy with members of the opposite sex, he or she is not homosexual. Tully says she calls herself a lesbian because she doesn't think bisexual accurately conveys her preference for women. Guess what? If there are no labels that suit you, DON'T USE THEM.
She probably had a bigger chance of getting into Big Brother because she said she was a lesbian, rather than something more ambiguous.

Back