Skip to main content

Tully Making Lesbians Look Bad

T

TMoney

She should have not labelled herself as a lesbian in her opening package. It is clear she is bi-sexual. For people already ignorant about homosexuality in the general public, she is going to perpetuate negative stereotypes about lesbians. Not to mention the fact that she is already in a relationship.

What a stupid comment, there are annoying emotional bitchy lesbians and there are kind bubbly confident ones as well and a host of other diverse personalities, if you or anyone else is judging or labeling all lesbians from one fickle little Sydney socialite in the house then maybe look at your own homophobia. She can label herself lesbian, bi or straight she has every right to, just because she hugs Matt and flirts with Drew doesn't mean she's 'obviously' bi.

Also I don't think anyone is put into the house to wave the flag for any sort of minority, they're just diverse individuals chosen to play a game. I don't have any bets on Tahan for changing Indigenous stereotypes either.

"On what she finds physically attractive:
With guys and girls it’s the same type; quite androgynous. So pretty, sort of tall, you know, long-haired guys, and sort of tall, thin, kind of lanky, short-haired girls with like tattoos, who skate, quite creative ... that kind of thing." Straight from Tully's mouth.

I am straight but I find women attractive to look at on the street and have a male/female preference in looks dark hair light eyes and tanned skin but that doesn't make me a lesbian. I'm sorry she's a normal human being, it must be really shocking for you.

Of course she is a normal human being, nothing shocking there. I just don't appreciate her presence on the show perpetuating negative homosexual stereotypes.

Okay I get where you're coming from but I feel that the people who would paint all lesbians using the same brush (Tully's personality) are the type who need constant fuel for their homophobia and a confident engaging likeable lesbian hm in the house probably wouldn't change their mind either. Tully's not the best HM but we have so often seen gay men on BBAU it's nice to see BB finally representing a little more of the LGBTQ community on national television.

I think Tully's behavior and personality is a reflection of Tully. Good or bad. I would never once judge lesbians because of Tully, just as I wouldn't judge women, white people, young people, people with blonde hair, other people called Tully, people who wear grey tshirts, or people in general because of Tully. You're the only one making it about her sexuality, when nothing she has done has been related to her sexuality.

sex is something one does, not something one is. gender is something one has.

Juss saying ...

As for "homosexual", isn't that just another word for "masturbation" ?

Think about it.

How could single/solo sex be anything other ?

regarDS

I agree completely about representing a little more of the LGBTQ community on national television. I just think that Tully and the production team are butchering this. For instance "Is Tully making her move on Drew" was said on the program just before. I've never seen or heard them doing this with any of the gay men on the show before.

I agree completely about representing a little more of the LGBTQ community on national television. I just think that Tully and the production team are butchering this. For instance "Is Tully making her move on Drew" was said on the program just before. I've never seen or heard them doing this with any of the gay men on the show before.
And here was I thinking the gay community wanted to be treated like everyone else

..just because she hugs Matt and flirts with Drew doesn't mean she's 'obviously' bi...

Sorry, but she's admitted such to Tim during the Ice Cream Parlor task - though she DID say she doesn't like having to "label" people by their sexuality.

Sorry, but she's admitted such to Tim during the Ice Cream Parlor task - though she DID say she doesn't like having to "label" people by their sexuality.

Guess I didn't hear Tully say that she's bi and not lesbian? Just going by what I know or have been led to understand about Tully from the show. Being gay/straight/bi what have you is a lot more fluid than most people think but that doesn't mean that anyone has the right to say someone is too gay or not gay enough to be labeled under a specific sexual preference.

She should have not labelled herself as a lesbian in her opening package. It is clear she is bi-sexual. For people already ignorant about homosexuality in the general public, she is going to perpetuate negative stereotypes about lesbians. Not to mention the fact that she is already in a relationship.

Tully doesn't represent all lesbians. What she does is only a reflection of herself, not a whole subgroup of people. And she's not "clearly bisexual". I think she's pansexual with a preference for women, but it doesn't matter anyway.

Back