Skip to main content

Travis talking in his sleep - fake?

• Thread starter InsertMystifyingUsername
  • Start date

Is Travis' sleep talking fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why do people of a Rory-like mentality think this?

We all adopt various personas with the people we know. We behave differently with a close family member than we would a colleague or acquaintance. The skill of actors, stand-up comedians, news readers, undercover cops, spies, etc - is that they are able to extend and project such natural abilities.

For Travis to maintain his character for so long doesn't necessarily require genius, but rather endurance. A big cash prize and potential post show career is incentive enough for anyone to fake it for long enough.

Obviously BB Travis isn't vastly different from real life Travis, so it wouldn't be that exhausting to maintain. Real Travis is no doubt effeminate, probably has more female friends than male ones, and is probably queer. I doubt real Travis is such a saint, is so naive about sex, talks in such a high pitched fashion all the time.

I work with someone who reminds me of travis. Voice and all! I don't think he is faking it. I like Travis. In the real world, it's people like him that make life so much easier. Even when things are crap they always find a positive. Yay Travis. Believe me, that's a personality you can't fake and you can't change.

He doesn't need to be laying awake. Lots of people wake several times through the night. I do and I'm awake enough to be able to make random comments like Travis does. And don't forget he's in a bedroom with numerous other people. A light sleeper would be waking all the time.

Yeah of course people wake during the night, I know I do. But come on, is anyone ever lucid enough to be able to resume a fake persona (assuming they had one in the first place) or calculate a response to something that would be humourous a few seconds after being woken in the middle of the night??

I don't know what point you're trying to make.. ?

Ummm...to create an endearing persona the public will support, and perhaps lay the foundation to post show TV/Radio career options. It's so obvious, even an infant could join the dots.

Whether Travis is fake or not - no longer matters to me. I'm starting to hate him.
A radio career for somebody with a squeaky effeminate voice? Go back to sleep. Travis just suffers from lack of alpha-male traits.

Travis is not "faking" anything, he's just a bit weird. If you want sombody who is playing the game think Cherry.

QUOTE posted by Bkeela
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm...to create an endearing persona the public will support, and perhaps lay the foundation to post show TV/Radio career options. It's so obvious, even an infant could join the dots.

I need to ask why does everyone think that because you are a HM on BB that automatically lays the way for a career in TV or radio. Very few have actually, successfully, taken this path.

The other nite they all spoke about what they want to do post BB and very few of them stated about just going back to their lives as they were, most spoke of agents and all these new exciting prospects. They really have no concept that their famewhoring is going to be very shortlived. You need something to offer the public and bland personalities and lack of intelligence doesnt make it!

The other nite they all spoke about what they want to do post BB and very few of them stated about just going back to their lives as they were, most spoke of agents and all these new exciting prospects. They really have no concept that their famewhoring is going to be very shortlived. You need something to offer the public and bland personalities and lack of intelligence doesnt make it!
Not to mention that there is relatively little media interest in BB this year. I see it being even less shortlived than pevious years.

QUOTE posted by Bkeela
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to ask why does everyone think that because you are a HM on BB that automatically lays the way for a career in TV or radio. Very few have actually, successfully, taken this path.

The big personalities generally do go on to some kind of post BB career. Of course the under the radar types will disappear never to be seen again, but Travis is perhaps the biggest personality to ever enter the house. Out of this current crop, I expect all to disappear except Travis. He'll definitely be like a bad smell.

A radio career for somebody with a squeaky effeminate voice? Go back to sleep. Travis just suffers from lack of alpha-male traits.

Travis is not "faking" anything, he's just a bit weird. If you want sombody who is playing the game think Cherry.

A telecommunication career for somebody with a squeaky effeminate voice? You're the one who needs to wake up sucker. Travis has numerous fans who either overlook or adore his voice. He'd be perfect as a sidekick for a radio show.

A telecommunication career for somebody with a squeaky effeminate voice? You're the one who needs to wake up sucker. Travis has numerous fans who either overlook or adore his voice. He'd be perfect as a sidekick for a radio show.

Travis wants to be a kids entertainer. He and the HMs have mentioned the Pink Wiggle a couple of times, with Alice saying they have had a 30 minute conversation about why Travis thinks there should be a Pink Wiggle. Terrence talked to him about having a kids show too.

It's not fake. I'm surprised how Mike even came up with that notion (probably by listening to too many fake psychics :p).

I mean, how would Travis speaking broken gibberish in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep help him out in any way in this game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis wants to be a kids entertainer. He and the HMs have mentioned the Pink Wiggle a couple of times, with Alice saying they have had a 30 minute conversation about why Travis thinks there should be a Pink Wiggle. Terrence talked to him about having a kids show too.

Enough said really.

As for the cow incident, you try waking up in bed to find a cow right next to you and see if you don't scream like a girl :eek:

For people who believe in personal responsibility the world that they perceive is about them and what they create and allow. For travis, I think he has some detachment from what others do and say and so his world is about his positive attitude which he feels is a good tool to have and use. For others in there this is something that they don't like. I'm not saying he is this person who thinks everything he sees is his responsibility but I think he believes that being positive brings more happiness than being negative or dwelling on things that have already happened.
Take the eye thing, many people would have gone on and on about it, but for travis, it happened once and then was done with when it was over. So in that respect he does not continue to beat people up for their mistakes, something happens its dealt with and that's it.
Others in the house i think are throwing rocks at what they don't understand. They are playing victim with him as the centre piece. Travis you make me frustrated, travis you do my head in, travis you are not what you should be, they constantly in many different situations choose to believe that he creates drama in their lifes, not that they allow drama and allow themselves to be the way they are. Like Bianca who says that others have made her the victim, or ben that they made him a bad character. The mole task showed how they all think themselves victim in some way even travis, when as one can see they hold some responsibility to themselves, their integrity, their honor, what they allow and disallow.

I think that travis has started to get annoyed at this constant barrage of people telling him that he is wrong, not good enough, cannot be accepted, cannot be loved, is annoying, is not what they expect of him.

I think he is a human and humans have many, many layers and many, many beliefs, sometimes conflicting and sometimes not working towards the goal the person wanted.

When he is positive, they call him wrong and when he plays out other aspects of the internal stuff that is going on he is called fake in the house and a game player.

I think he is himself, all layers of himself, all parts, light and shade, positive and fearful, fine with himself then doubting himself, calm, then frustrated, but because he is positive a lot of the time he is called wrong. Is it wrong to not choose to be part of their dramas? Is it wrong to allow what they perceive to be just that and for the most part not affect who he is and how he is and his mood that he chooses to hold? I don't think it is and many people actually want to attain that on some level.

Is there other stuff too that he has inside, stuff not so positive and did the shingles come because he does have emotional turmoil somewhere in there, I think yes, sure, but so do we all! We are all human and we all have this, whether he discusses it or not, I don't think that makes him fake. I think it makes him human.

At the end of the day, they all have hopes, fears, negative and positive traits, I don't see that he is better or worse than any other in there, it is all about how you personally choose to let someone affect you and why you do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know why no one has brought it up before, but Travis' Possumism is pretty much an Anthony Robbins NLP technique that some sales people use.

For people who believe in personal responsibility the world that they perceive is about them and what they create and allow. For travis, I think he has some detachment from what others do and say and so his world is about his positive attitude which he feels is a good tool to have and use. For others in there this is something that they don't like. I'm not saying he is this person who thinks everything he sees is his responsibility but I think he believes that being positive brings more happiness than being negative or dwelling on things that have already happened.
Take the eye thing, many people would have gone on and on about it, but for travis, it happened once and then was done with when it was over. So in that respect he does not continue to beat people up for their mistakes, something happens its dealt with and that's it.
Others in the house i think are throwing rocks at what they don't understand. They are playing victim with him as the centre piece. Travis you make me frustrated, travis you do my head in, travis you are not what you should be, they constantly in many different situations choose to believe that he creates drama in their lifes, not that they allow drama and allow themselves to be the way they are. Like Bianca who says that others have made her the victim, or ben that they made him a bad character. The mole task showed how they all think themselves victim in some way even travis, when as one can see they hold some responsibility to themselves, their integrity, their honor, what they allow and disallow.

I think that travis has started to get annoyed at this constant barrage of people telling him that he is wrong, not good enough, cannot be accepted, cannot be loved, is annoying, is not what they expect of him.

I think he is a human and humans have many, many layers and many, many beliefs, sometimes conflicting and sometimes not working towards the goal the person wanted.

When he is positive, they call him wrong and when he plays out other aspects of the internal stuff that is going on he is called fake in the house and a game player.

I think he is himself, all layers of himself, all parts, light and shade, positive and fearful, fine with himself then doubting himself, calm, then frustrated, but because he is positive a lot of the time he is called wrong. Is it wrong to not choose to be part of their dramas? Is it wrong to allow what they perceive to be just that and for the most part not affect who he is and how he is and his mood that he chooses to hold? I don't think it is and many people actually want to attain that on some level.

Is there other stuff too that he has inside, stuff not so positive and did the shingles come because he does have emotional turmoil somewhere in there, I think yes, sure, but so do we all! We are all human and we all have this, whether he discusses it or not, I don't think that makes him fake. I think it makes him human.

At the end of the day, they all have hopes, fears, negative and positive traits, I don't see that he is better or worse than any other in there, it is all about how you personally choose to let someone affect you and why you do it.

Faith,
That is absolutely correct, and very well put.

Faith,
That is absolutely correct, and very well put.

Agree.
And I'm tired of the housemates saying he cant be who he is.
It's as if their way is better. What works for Travis works for Travis - enough said.

Back