Skip to main content

Today I ........

Well some good news on my front. The CT results were good and I don't have a "mass" inside me. So that's a relief. Still need some unpleasant further tests but it seems the worst fears are over.
haha as a nurse from a totally medical extended family, we like to say that the ickier the test, the better (more conclusive) the results...glad to hear you are on a positive path!

Today I'm pissed off at supermarket deception.
I was somehow conned into buying two packs of Coke, at a not very good price, because I simply didn't understand what I was reading.
I was in a hurry, it was hot, and to someone who isn't familiar with some kind of Members Only scheme, this looks like it's two for $24.70 (that bit was on a big yellow sticker, the 'real' price was much smaller and partially obscured).
Somehow I thought it meant one 12 pack was $19 but 2 were $24.70.
But it turned out to be $38.
Screenshot 2023-10-11 135725.jpg

I was somehow conned into buying two packs of Coke, at a not very good price, because I simply didn't understand what I was reading.
I was in a hurry, it was hot, and to someone who isn't familiar with some kind of Members Only scheme, this looks like it's two for $24.70 (that bit was on a big yellow sticker, the 'real' price was much smaller and partially obscured).
View attachment 59856
I would read that to be 2 for $24.70 as long as you have a member/loyalty card so I would have got caught too.

View attachment 59856

That member's card and pricing stuff is so annoying.

View attachment 59856
It doesn't even give a non-members price. Unless it's that small I can't see it.

…ha!… that gunman seige at Swansea NSW is going on up the end of our street… so many cops about!… it’s amazing to see so many Police cars in one place… anyway… moving on… cheers.

Did you see/hear what was going on?

…we just got home from shopping and now it’s all over thank god… we’re not sure how it ended yet so can’t inform you yet… apparently he’d been let out of prison a few days ago and was wearing an ankle bracelet and was raided by the cops a day earlier because he went back to drug dealing after as soon as he got out apparently… when I find out how it ended I’ll let you know…

^^More reasons I'll never move back to Australia.

…haha!… I can’t fight your logic there timmy lol!… cheers.

After spending nearly a year in NZ I would rather be in Australia than NZ so not sure what that says about the state of our homeland anymore...

From what I've read about NZ it seems like the cookers have taken hold. What's with all the racists complaining about the increasing use of te reo? Just makes me so sad. I thought we were better than that.

From what I've read about NZ it seems like the cookers have taken hold. What's with all the racists complaining about the increasing use of te reo? Just makes me so sad. I thought we were better than that.
The language is a lot more integrated here than the media/social media makes it sound. I have found it quite a cultural shock just how much language I don't know in my own country. A lot of words I did know are know pronounced differently. in the coming months most road signs/public signs will have both languages on them. Meetings have the equivalent of an acknowledgement of country and song to sing. Government departments are in Maori names, many place names are being renamed with their Maori name. Weather on the news uses Maori words, so it gets integrated into what you hear on tv. There are announcements at train stations/on trains in Maori.

The language is a lot more integrated here than the media/social media makes it sound. I have found it quite a cultural shock just how much language I don't know in my own country. A lot of words I did know are know pronounced differently. in the coming months most road signs/public signs will have both languages on them. Meetings have the equivalent of an acknowledgement of country and song to sing. Government departments are in Maori names, many place names are being renamed with their Maori name. Weather on the news uses Maori words, so it gets integrated into what you hear on tv. There are announcements at train stations/on trains in Maori.

Well I think it's good. It's one of NZ's official languages, after all. I don't know about you but at primary school we learnt to count in Maori, plus basic words and we also sang Maori songs: Tutira Mai Nga Iwi, Pokarekare Ana, etc and I also learned Maori at high school. And whilst Maori people only make up 17% of the population, it's the country's indigenous culture we have long embraced, in particular for tourism. It's what makes Aotearoa unique. So yeah, I'm all for it. Kia ora. :p

…well… that siege ended peacefully… I don’t know if they talked him out or he just saw sense and realised that he should just walk out the house peacefully… this is pretty much a town dominated by us retiree’s and pensioners… what were the Police and S.W.A.T team worried about?… that he was going to take his teeth out and gummy them to death or throw his teeth at them and get a nasty love bite or something?… oh well… there goes our fifteen minutes of fame lol!… cheers.

Well I think it's good. It's one of NZ's official languages, after all. I don't know about you but at primary school we learnt to count in Maori, plus basic words and we also sang Maori songs: Tutira Mai Nga Iwi, Pokarekare Ana, etc and I also learned Maori at high school. And whilst Maori people only make up 17% of the population, it's the country's indigenous culture we have long embraced, in particular for tourism. It's what makes Aotearoa unique. So yeah, I'm all for it. Kia ora. :p

Back