Skip to main content

The Walking Dead

I loved the premiere episode of season 5. Badass Carol. The gang out of Terminus. I'm interested to see where things go.

And my oh my - I didn't ship Carol & Daryl before that episode. I thought they could just be best friends. But seeing the way Daryl clung to her. Holy shit. I'm a converted shipper. Fuck off Beth. Carol and Daryl are my OTP. They've been through so much. Urgh. I just hope that they continue to lean on each other. That scene was just so touching though.

I was surprised to see Sam in the episode. I loved hearing how they flew him in just to get his throat slit. Awesome. It's good Carol got Rick's watch back. We will see Garath again... which I don't mind. I kinda like him in a creepy way. He's not bad to look at I guess :p

I guess what I want to know now is:
  • Beth's story.
  • Who is leaving the markers that Morgan is following.
  • What was Sarge meaning when he said "we will tell them. Not just yet" to Rosita.
  • What Maggie will think when she realises Tara was standing next to the Governor when he killed Herschal.
  • How Rick will react to Tara.
I think Glenn is going to start questioning Rick more now. Such as how Rick questioned Shane in earlier seasons. I think Glenn is concerned about losing their humanity - even though it is a "butcher or cattle" type world. So it'll be interesting to see what happens there. I think Glenn gets under-rated quite a bit. Especially now that Rick and Daryl have this really close relationship. I think Glenn is going to get cast aside a bit.

Sorry for my ramblings :)

@dexnerxc - It's season 5 and I still hate Carl :p He's not as irritating as he was back in the earlier seasons though. I have to put up with him though because he's going to be the only character that will outlive the cockroaches (I think).

http://www.msn.com/en-au/tv/news/ratings-record-for-walking-dead/ar-BB99Pkc

Ratings record for 'Walking Dead'

Associated Press
1 day ago
AA6KOqs.img
© Rex Features The Nielsen Company says the 17.3 million people who watched the fifth season opener of 'The Walking Dead'.
The Nielsen Company says the 17.3 million people who watched the fifth season opener of The Walking Dead is a record both for the show and for a cable television program.
Nielsen said that represented the biggest audience ever for a single non-sports program on cable TV.
The AMC drama beat its previous record audience of 16.1 million for the fourth season opener last October.
The Walking Dead also had a staggering 11 million viewers among 18-to-49-year-olds, considered most valuable to advertisers.
That beats every other scripted show on TV this season, with CBS' premiere of The Big Bang Theory coming closest with 6.9 million in that demographic.
Those numbers will only increase when time-delayed viewership is counted in.
The discussion show, The Talking Dead, had 6.9 million viewers.

17.3!

Crazy for a show that, for the past 2 seasons, has been pretty average.

SE5 premiere deserved it tho, great episode

except that useless bitch Judith

Back