Skip to main content

The walking Dead

Me too,it gives you a lot of inside info and I love seeing the guests views..well except for Marilyn Manson's,he was hard to understand and ruined the whole show with his rambling

Looking forward to seeing Daryls reaction to Carol being gone and seeing what happens to her.Rick putting her out,while I understand why he did it but I mean seriously she is still a woman and likely to come across a gang of rapists or something.One of the themes in most zombie books is how men end up reverting to their base characters and saw the ZA as a time to do whatever they want

I really can't wait to see Daryl's reaction. I'm still pissed at Rick. He thinks he's above the law. Typical police officer.

I think for Rick it came down to simple question, what if it was Carl and Judith who were sick? And as he said the decision was for made for himself, and the answer is he would not stand for someone with Carol's mindset being a position to make decisions about the lives of his kids.

We saw what Carol's current mindset was like this episode, she cannot value any human connection, can't stand a kid calling her mom, says remembering her daughter is watching a slideshow of someone else's life. Right now she is completely disconnected and totally ruthless.

This is exactly what Rick went through when he wouldn't lift a finger to help anyone, leaving that hitchhiker to die on the road being the iconic example. Eventually he realised after seeing how Carl had become you can't have any life worth living if you're living like that, you have to value human life, even if sometimes that means not playing the percentages. I see that as larger kind of courage and intelligence than the path of narrow ruthlessness.

Ah I only just saw this.

I do understand in a way why he did it. But I don't think it was his decision to make on his own. Carol was one of my favourites and I'm just a bit pissed off that she's been banished. I hope she is back soon however an interview I saw with the actress made me think we won't see her again anytime soon.

Season 1 finally starts on free to air SBS2 Tuesday 9.30pm

Means I'll finally be able to watch it....

I just watched that first episode again last week. Rick, and his uniform, have come a long way since that episode.

I don't know if I have much to say about tonight's episode.

I'm kind of annoyed because I don't think we will get to see Daryl's reaction to Carol being banished now. There's been 2 episodes since she left. That's what I've been waiting for.

I wonder if next episode will show some more of the prison - maybe the Governor discovering it. Etc. I dunno.

I guess it was a chance to see what the Governor has been up to. I hope they weren't trying to make him redeem himself - because so far he hasn't.

It probably would have worked with Carol in the Governor's place. Although I don't think Carol would have slept with the girl in the tent. She may have short hair but she's not a lesbian ;)

So... did the governor lead them into danger deliberately, sabotage the truck, and were the zombies they happened across the people he massacred earlier, all in order to get a replacement daughter?

So... did the governor lead them into danger deliberately, sabotage the truck, and were the zombies they happened across the people he massacred earlier, all in order to get a replacement daughter?

Maybe.... He's evil.

I really doubt it. I bet he saw it as a new start.

I was so expecting him to take them to the prison, hoping Rick would take them in so they were safe. I kind of think it'll be lame if he just rejoins with the old people and goes mental again.

If the Govenor approaches the prison with the intention of apologising and putting the past behind him, it would only work if he 'saves' one of the key players from certain death. This is a possibility given that at the end of Ep 5 we saw Michone and Hershell head out in the jeep to get rid of the 'dead' walkers.

I find it surprising that there are not more pregnant women on the show considering it's a survival of the fittest situation for all of them. I just think the basic human instinct to procreate and go forward would kick in....

Well we saw it...Zombie's in wheelchairs and old ones.Guess that guy tried to commit suicide and botched it (the one in the tub)

If the Govenor approaches the prison with the intention of apologising and putting the past behind him, it would only work if he 'saves' one of the key players from certain death. This is a possibility given that at the end of Ep 5 we saw Michone and Hershell head out in the jeep to get rid of the 'dead' walkers.

I find it surprising that there are not more pregnant women on the show considering it's a survival of the fittest situation for all of them. I just think the basic human instinct to procreate and go forward would kick in....

He will never,he tried the civilised approach I bet him and that gang of men are going to go with the male gang that take women hostage,forcing them to procreate and other things.The girl will be his replacement daughter,I thought maybe the one from the prison would be but guess not.I think he will still take his revenge on the prison and attempt to kill all the men,probably forcing them into cages full of zombies for the gang of men's entertainment and keep the women and children as hostages for well..you know!!

They did a good job of trying to convince us to feel sorry for the governor even letting him give his real name...almost worked...right up till the end

He will never,he tried the civilised approach I bet him and that gang of men are going to go with the male gang that take women hostage,forcing them to procreate and other things.The girl will be his replacement daughter,I thought maybe the one from the prison would be but guess not.I think he will still take his revenge on the prison and attempt to kill all the men,probably forcing them into cages full of zombies for the gang of men's entertainment and keep the women and children as hostages for well..you know!!

There probably will be a hostage situation... Maybe even Carol!

They did a good job of trying to convince us to feel sorry for the governor even letting him give his real name...almost worked...right up till the end

The real name he gave them was actually the name off the side of the shed, in the scenes when he tripped and fell in the street.

Well we saw it...Zombie's in wheelchairs and old ones.Guess that guy tried to commit suicide and botched it (the one in the tub)

Well they all turn once dead, so he probably succeeded but then turned into a Zombie. That guy made me so sad though. I'm glad it's not real.

Well they all turn once dead, so he probably succeeded but then turned into a Zombie. That guy made me so sad though. I'm glad it's not real.

It was just awful. The show is really touching on the grim reality of the longevity of the situation now. Has anyone mentioned that it might end up being like The Truman Show? Surely they need to branch out of the prison soon? Wouldn't it be just as safe to bunker down in a 5 star hotel?!!

The real name he gave them was actually the name off the side of the shed, in the scenes when he tripped and fell in the street.

Yes that is what the actor said,he was on the Talking dead show after that episode

It was just awful. The show is really touching on the grim reality of the longevity of the situation now. Has anyone mentioned that it might end up being like The Truman Show? Surely they need to branch out of the prison soon? Wouldn't it be just as safe to bunker down in a 5 star hotel?!!

Don't 5 star hotels or any hotels have those fancy glass doors? Would only work if they had some sort of security feature that closes it off with a metal gate

Don't 5 star hotels or any hotels have those fancy glass doors? Would only work if they had some sort of security feature that closes it off with a metal gate

Glass would break eventually I suppose. I guess 5 star hotels would also likely have quite a number of visitors etc that may be zombies now. They'd have to kill them all just like at the prison. The Prison WAS a great location - they're built for keeping you in and others out but a lot of the security has gone with the virus and the fences collapsing. I think they will move soon - it's only a matter of time before they do. I'm just wondering how it's going to work with the sick. I mean - Glen got sick and is getting better. Will he fully recover? If he gets back to a 'normal' health level - will the others trust that he's not contagious or will they want to isolate him still?

So many questions.

Glass would break eventually I suppose. I guess 5 star hotels would also likely have quite a number of visitors etc that may be zombies now. They'd have to kill them all just like at the prison. The Prison WAS a great location - they're built for keeping you in and others out but a lot of the security has gone with the virus and the fences collapsing. I think they will move soon - it's only a matter of time before they do. I'm just wondering how it's going to work with the sick. I mean - Glen got sick and is getting better. Will he fully recover? If he gets back to a 'normal' health level - will the others trust that he's not contagious or will they want to isolate him still?

So many questions.

Yeah if they fortified the fences,like one guest on the show said as a engineer you weld steel crosswise from one post to the other.A hotel would work if they didn't have glass doors and they wanted to clear it out.

I just read this book called Zombie Bowl and it was very interesting.They lured the zombies to a pre-determined location and attracted them by hanging a blood bag and once there was a large number there.they caused a explosion
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13648250-zombie-bowl

Back