Skip to main content

The Traitors AU

I do think if Ten don't want it that it would be worth a season on Paramount+. That might happen, but maybe in 2025 once they can see how well the new UK/US seasons do.

Internationally though Canada has started up in the last few weeks (on episode 4 now, airing weekly). It's the first English language version that feels like a flop despite having all the components the others do and a great host and the best location so far IMO. Something just isn't working with it, though perhaps it's just a case of watching the same format with largely the same challenges for the 6th time (after 2 Aussie and 1 UK/US/NZ season) is the limit.

The Traitors Canada isn't working only having 1 episode a week. You forget who they are.

Million Dollar Island also axed from Seven's upfronts..

And This Is Your Life and Australia's Got Talent, but no one has cared about those for years anyway.;

And Blow Up, which nobody ever cared about.

So I’ve started watching season 1 of the AU season…

Lol Chloe the “clairvoyant” was a bit of a joke but love the chaos that she brought. Definitely something to her being able to read body language but otherwise I believe it’s all BS. The way she walked out when her abilities came in to doubt IMO pretty much proves that she prays on the venerable.

One of my absolute favourite parts of this show is the dynamic between The Traitors, The Faithful, and The Traitors pretending to be Faithful. The Traitors having the ability to turn on each other is just so sweet but also having watched the UK series a Traitors game is such a house of cards.

@timmy if you want less of the “strat chat” element I’d definitely watch the UK series.

Last edited:
Rewatched the UK series with my mom over the holiday I’d forgotten how interesting the dynamic was in the end game…

I think there are two scenarios that could have changed the end result.

Amanda betrays Wil, recruits and betrays again. She played a phenomenal game and had it not been for her slip up voting for Theo she was too well positioned in the group for anyone to suspect her. Unlike Wil or Kieran the mix of traitors doesn’t out her in the same way it could the others.

Or Kieran, betrays Wil. In the final two episodes no one suspected the traitors would be all female.

IMO Wil never stood a chance at winning. Kieran had only accepted the offer for a chance at remaining in the game… Had it not been do or die he would have remained faithful. He was always going to be butthurt.

That said Keiran’s inexperience and lack of any real desire to be a traitor was his downfall.

Last edited:
First three eps of the UK version out tonight - I'd say it has got off to the strongest start of any series so far. Great cast there to play and playing well - until the messiest of round tables.

One slight format change is the Armoury has been axed and now three shields are up for grabs during each mission - they have to be grabbed idol style.

Reactions: Kaz
The US Season 2 of The Traitors will be available to stream on Peacock on Friday, January 12, 2024. Subsequent episodes will be added to Peacock at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT 6pm every following Thursday. So that is the 13th for Australia.

Some of the cast.

Yep, Sandra from Survivor is there.

US Traitors.jpg

Have only just discovered this franchise (it somehow completely evaded me until now). Have already binged through all six episodes so far of the current UK series. Will start on the US show once the UK show is done - from what I can see they're both filmed in the same place and I'd probably start mixing them together in my head if watching them together.

Nah

The US version have people who believe that they are special VIP's & some have weird names.
Part of the reason I think I would start mixing them together is I watched the first minute or so of US S2E1 and in the montage of shots from the season that it opened up with - there were shots of missions that have already been seen in the first six episodes of UK S02 (the catapult and grave robbing missions were the ones that I immediately recognized). So it seems like the seasons might be very similar in structure/twists and missions which would make mixing them up easier to achieve.

Both shows are produced by the same company that produces The Circle and that is exactly what happened when both UK and US of that were in production at the same time, so I'm not that surprised to see that it may be happening here too.

Plus putting off US a little bit, means I can somewhat counteract the one episode a week from here on out when I get around to watching it.

I was going to hold off but I'm weak and watched the first three US episodes last night to kill sometimes in the 5 days until we find out who the UK traitors killed. The cast is quite different so I think if you're not watching them back to back it's fine.

It's also quite interesting seeing two productions of the same show - on paper the show began with the same twist but a slight different in the timing of it threw up a possible outcome in the US version, perhaps accidently, that we've not seen before. And so far it seems the cast of UK newbies have managed the missions much better than the cast of reality veterans on the US version doing exactly the same tasks.

I think the UK has just delivered one of the best episodes of reality TV ever. Agatha Christie couldn't have written it better.

And the bizarre thing is we know the next US episode will likely play out exactly the same twist.

Reactions: Kaz
The US episode doing the same twist as the UK just shows how perfectly everything fell for that episode in the UK. The US version was fine, and always going to be a bit lesser being the second time you've seen it, but the UK version was perfection.

Well, not quite perfection. I'd have added a twist of an antidote for the player they guessed would die in exchange for the money they would win.

So sounds like the US season is just a carbon copy of UK? Should I not bother watching it once the UK season is done because its basically the same thing?

Back