Skip to main content

The Traitors AU

Gloria was under the radar but on the money the whole time.
Then as soon as she spoke up they were like "Of COURSE, YOU must be the traitor! It all makes sense now".

Blake is the worst Traitor as he's such a bad actor, and Sarah is the most frustratingly thick Faithful.

And they still think there are at most only two Traitors.

Which is odd really considering the Aussie series began with 4 last year and added two along the way.

Whilst refreshing to have a series play out twist free I think it could have done with something around the mid point just to put a wrench in the Traitors plan or give the Faithful more food for thought.

That cast gives humanity a bad name.

Sarah would be the type that thinks Q Anon could be a viable conspiracy theory, she’s so thick. She *looks* smart. That said she still has a chance of winning the money. Accidentally.

It was stone cold. I wish Blake and Camille had been more decisive earlier on and got Sam out - but then every time it looked like Sam was the vote, some plonker would speak up and accuse the person laying out the evidence against him of being a Traitor and the room would turn. Every time.

Sam was right that he technically deserved to win because he put in 'all the work', but on the other hand he also deserved to lose because he chose to play the game without integrity or teamwork.

It's a perfectly valid way to play a game by lying, backstabbing and having a shit-eating grin, but you have to balance it with... something.

A bit of humility, an acknowledgement that you used people to further your game but you appreciate them... rather than that you think you're the Sheriff of Shit Town and everyone else is too dumb to acknowledge.

Blake showed he was the better strategist in wanting to eliminate Camille - Sam has played this whole game, effectively, on a power trip rather than as a strategic mastermind.

I do think they should have had the option to banish at F3 to decide whether to face the Traitors Dilemma as 2 or 3. I also think in a Steal-Steal-Share scenario the one who shared should get it all. Think that would have changed their strategies at the end and resulted in a more satisfying outcome.

Good to see the casting call though - if not on 10 I think it could work well for Paramount+.

P.S. Anyone watching the New Zealand version. Not too great production values but four episodes in..
.. and the Faithfuls have already got out more Traitors than the Aussies did all season

I was quite surprised production didn't let them "win back" the entire 250K, the way previous series have. No-one taking home the 204K, was it, is quite good as it helps towards the next series!

Still, I would have rathered Blake and Camille took out Sam at any point, but certainly instead of Sarah last night, and both got to split the money.

Sarah was so easily manipulable, she changed her mind so quickly and she doesn't seem to be aware of it.
What was wrong with Sam blaming Camille for his loss, he could have shared, both men could have, but they wanted her to lose and them only to win, well Sam wanted only him to win, lol.

It was stone cold. I wish Blake and Camille had been more decisive earlier on and got Sam out - but then every time it looked like Sam was the vote, some plonker would speak up and accuse the person laying out the evidence against him of being a Traitor and the room would turn. Every time.
But most of the time Sam started with the doubt and then let the rest fuel it, it was well played by Sam, and of course once people like Luke and Ash gone the rest were not very smart, it was very easy for Sam

But most of the time Sam started with the doubt and then let the rest fuel it, it was well played by Sam, and of course once people like Luke and Ash gone the rest were not very smart, it was very easy for Sam
Gloria cocked it up totally one time, when it seemed like a sure thing they were going to get out Sam that night. Pretty well everyone took a turn at each banishment and jumped in and defended Sam and turned it onto whoever was suggesting him - it was truly bizarre, like a cult. They did his work for him most nights. Sarah, Liam, Keith, Gloria, Simone, Hannah Ferrier, even Camille - they all took the suggestion of Sam as the Traitor as an outrage and turned the table onto the poor person who'd made a reasonable case to vote him out, and seemed to have the numbers prior.

Gloria cocked it up totally one time, when it seemed like a sure thing they were going to get out Sam that night. Pretty well everyone took a turn at each banishment and jumped in and defended Sam and turned it onto whoever was suggesting him - it was truly bizarre, like a cult. They did his work for him most nights. Sarah, Liam, Keith, Gloria, Simone, Hannah Ferrier, even Camille - they all took the suggestion of Sam as the Traitor as an outrage and turned the table onto the poor person who'd made a reasonable case to vote him out, and seemed to have the numbers prior.
Sam did that with everyone though - always managed to turn an accusation against him into an accusation against the accuser.

Yes it does.

It was a fitting ending.
I feel like Sam deserved it. He was manipulative af and that’s what I like to see in a reality show (unless it’s staged of course). His strategy to get rid of the people that could sniff a scam was good and they kept the people in who had no idea and played to their advantage, like Sara and Sam’s ring man (forgot his name 😆)

I just love how many times someone stood up and claimed Sam was the traitor, how he deflected it and somehow the majority would be like “oh yeh you’re right I didn’t think of that” 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

The rest of the cast would all be satisfied that nobody won the ca$h. Those 3 probably all kicking themselves they didn’t just all share the loot now.

I’ve discovered anytime anyone says “100%” on reality tv they’re lying through their teeth!

Manipulative maybe but not strategic and not as clever as he thought. Yes, you can only play the cast in front of you but feel in any other version he'd have been out immediately after the Ash vote.

P.S. The Canadian version begins Oct 2nd.

Last edited:
The next US cast, including Janelle and Dan from Big Brother, Sandra from Survivor, the former speaker of the British House of Commons, a Love Islander from the US and UK and far too many "real housewives".

Last edited:
Back