Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Thanks Timmy, that was quite amusing to listen to.
I won't be quick to pounce on news reports like that again!

I mean, I want him to die too, along with Trump, Netanyahu, Rupert Murdoch and even Joe Biden (he's lost the plot, time for new blood before the next election). But every day is a constant disappointment.

So I needed something new to watch and tried Continuum, but I don't get it, the cop is supposed to be the protagonist, and the gang trying to bring down the corporate overlords and return society to democracy are the bad guys??? WTF? They should have written this story of the POV of the gang.

Also tried Stargate SG-1 because I quite enjoyed Stargate Universe. But god it's so old and D-grade 1990s cheesy American military gung-ho nonsense with terrible music, I just can't. Not even MacGuyver can save it. Gonna try Stargate Atlantis instead, because it's at least from this century.

So I needed something new to watch and tried Continuum, but I don't get it, the cop is supposed to be the protagonist, and the gang trying to bring down the corporate overlords and return society to democracy are the bad guys??? WTF? They should have written this story of the POV of the gang.

Also tried Stargate SG-1 because I quite enjoyed Stargate Universe. But god it's so old and D-grade 1990s cheesy American military gung-ho nonsense with terrible music, I just can't. Not even MacGuyver can save it. Gonna try Stargate Atlantis instead, because it's at least from this century.

I watched Stargate as it aired. The show generally is considered to not have a good first season. Being much better in season 2 and by season 3 consistently good as they'd figured it out.

I can't remember as I watched it when it was being made. At some point, I would just wait for the DVD and binge each season.

I do remember Stargate Atlantis had a fairly weak first season. They bring in Jason Mamoa in season 2 and the show had a much better dynamic.

I've thought if I was to ever rewatch Stargate or even the Star Trek's I would just find a watch list of essential episodes. There's so many episodes, that it'd be a much better way of doing it.

With Trek (no idea about Stargate) there's various watch lists of important episodes for on going themes. I've heard the Borg one is quite good from someone who never watched Voyager.

I watched Stargate as it aired. The show generally is considered to not have a good first season. Being much better in season 2 and by season 3 consistently good as they'd figured it out.

I've downloaded S1 of Atlantis so I'll watch that. Maybe later I'll give SG1 a go but I'd start at S3 and just figure it out. It's just so corny and dated in terms of the style and mindset. I really hate American military gung-ho nonsense so maybe it's just not for me.

I did do a full rewatch of Voyager last year and only skipped a small number of episodes (less than 10), but I'd definitely be skipping more if I did it again.

I think I'd rather chat about BB here, away from the "official" episode thread.
It's too hard to keep up there.
I'm only used to chatting to three/four people live at a time 🤪😅

Ah yeah Continuum, it only got more and more muddled as it went on.

New Doctor Who Children In Need scene dropped today.
It's a jokey reinterpretation of the Daleks, with David Tennant.

Actual new episode coming next weekend.

Back