Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Huzzah for Below Deck Australia's producers, Captain Jason & Aesha for stepping in. Especially in light of recent allegations about how Bravo et al treat their Reality Stars

Exploited for content of course, but that is the way reality TV should be rather than the recent trend of contestants leaving suddenly without full explanation and usually viewers filling in the gaps coming up with theories far worse than what actually happened. The format here at least enabled the cast to make the decision too, even though I suspect the producers had a hand in that as well.

OK, after watching all of 12 Monkeys and then The Walking Dead (and every spin-off except World Beyond) I've finally run out of stuff to watch. Any suggestions? And before you suggest it, I'm not interested in Game of Thrones.

OK, after watching all of 12 Monkeys and then The Walking Dead (and every spin-off except World Beyond) I've finally run out of stuff to watch. Any suggestions? And before you suggest it, I'm not interested in Game of Thrones.

How was 12 Monkeys? I've been meaning to check this out because I liked what the writer did with Picard season 3. The only season of that show worth watching.

What are you in the mood for?

I really can't remember what I've recommended in the past on here.

How was 12 Monkeys? I've been meaning to check this out because I liked what the writer did with Picard season 3. The only season of that show worth watching.

What are you in the mood for?

I really can't remember what I've recommended in the past on here.

I enjoyed 12 Monkeys, and stuck with it right through. Remembered last night I have The Last of Us here so I've started watching that. I quite like post apocalypse kind of stuff. Interesting to compare how different shows see a 20 year future, in terms of what resources are remaining (e.g. petrol, ammunition etc). Revolution did this quite badly, mainly in the way they jumped 15 years ahead after a global blackout, and suddenly everyone is sword fighting. That was quite jarring, and just seemed ridiculous when you're not expecting it. And also they seemed to have a infinite supply of commercially produced candles. Sometimes there'd be like 30 candles lighting up a room. After 15 years! At least in The Walking Dead you saw how different things became more scarce over time. Tempted to become a prepper lol.

Anyway after spending the last few months with my arse on the couch bingeing these shows, I should go back to my "not watching TV during the day" policy. I've got rather unfit.

The third season of 12 Monkeys got to be too much for me, the new storylines seemed like an inorganic growth from what had gone before.

I usually stick shows out until the end. My biggest regret was staying with Manifest. Dog, that show sucked big time. At least it had a reasonable conclusion, but I really should have dumped it at S1/S2. So if anyone asks if it's worth watching, my answer is: NO. DO NOT WATCH THAT SHOW.

I usually stick shows out until the end. My biggest regret was staying with Manifest. Dog, that show sucked big time. At least it had a reasonable conclusion, but I really should have dumped it at S1/S2. So if anyone asks if it's worth watching, my answer is: NO. DO NOT WATCH THAT SHOW.
I am still yet to watch the last season that netflix did, but I think I will have to watch some of the rest of it again to remind myself what happened and not sure I can be bothered!

I am still yet to watch the last season that netflix did, but I think I will have to watch some of the rest of it again to remind myself what happened and not sure I can be bothered!

Oh no, no-no-no-no-nooooo, don't do that. As long as you have suffered through everything up until the final season then you may as well watch the final season, as I did. After that I deleted the lot from my hard drive.

The show has reached its finale (no spoilers) but is anyone else watching My mum, your dad? The kicker is that the kids who nominated their parents are secretly watching the dates in a separate resort (& getting cosy as well haha)

The show has reached its finale (no spoilers) but is anyone else watching My mum, your dad? The kicker is that the kids who nominated their parents are secretly watching the dates in a separate resort (& getting cosy as well haha)

We already had a season of that here too last year

It's amazing what gets edited without you knowing.

I've been watching SAS Australia, at the 7:30 timeslot.

So you get scenes like the creepy little officer Ant Middleton barking at Craig McLachlan :

Ant : So you're an actor. I don't like actors!
Craig : They made allegations. They ruined my life!

Tonight they played a repeat of the episode at 11PM, but with swearing added!
So the first run of an Australian-made series made for an Australian audience is edited/censored, and the real edit kept for later.

So in the new version, that scene appears more like this :

Ant : So you're a fucking actor. I don't like fucking actors!
Craig : They made fucking allegations. Fuck me, they ruined my life!

It's amazing what gets edited without you knowing.

I've been watching SAS Australia, at the 7:30 timeslot.

So you get scenes like the creepy little officer Ant Middleton barking at Craig McLachlan :

Ant : So you're an actor. I don't like actors!
Craig : They made allegations. They ruined my life!

Tonight they played a repeat of the episode at 11PM, but with swearing added!
So the first run of an Australian-made series made for an Australian audience is edited/censored, and the real edit kept for later.

So in the new version, that scene appears more like this :

Ant : So you're a fucking actor. I don't like fucking actors!
Craig : They made fucking allegations. Fuck me, they ruined my life!
I prefer myn fucking w/o censors lol (both literally & figuratively...I know tmi lol)

Back