Skip to main content

The Big Adventure

I'm just looking at the first episode the generic gravelly intro voice is pretty annoying, but my main problem is the continuous overbearing music, it seems to never stop. That's amateur, you have to let the images and words speak for themselves sometimes as it's meant to be reality TV.

I hate all the repetition after a commercial, we've seen it, move on. I find this show boring. I've given up. It aint no Survivor. "Come on In Guys." How many times has Jeff said that and I still don't find it repetitive.:)

Sadly that's pretty much all shows now - they spend 25% of the time showing you what's coming up, 25% telling you what they showed five minutes ago, 25% of the time of contestants talking to camera about what's happened and the rest not actually showing you what's going on.

Natalia was the most repetitive part of Monday's episode - every time they got comment from her it was about "We" need to get Analise out of the game. Labelling her a "genius" for solving a simple maths problem - anyone's a genius compared to Natalia me thinks. If she had any brains she'd be targeting those who already have a key not someone who has yet to win one. Dumb

I don't mind this show as something to watch on catchup when I'm bored...

The one good thang is that all the peeps I didn't really like have been booted :p

Just looking at the website and seems it's the grand final this weekend - have they cut the number of episodes then as they only seem half way through the eliminations.

I stopped watching when Todd was eliminated.

The elimination system is flawed. It rewards underachievement.
The entire premise of this show is flawed. It effectively sets up the worst most vanilla contestants to be there at the end. All the good people get eliminated first because the power is in the hands of the contestants and not the viewing audience, or even left to skill or chance. Stopped watching, couldn't contain my interest when you could see the writing on the wall that it was just going to get more and more boring by the episode.

I stopped watching when Todd was eliminated.

The elimination system is flawed. It rewards underachievement.

I actually cried when Todd left. Saddest moment of the series.

If Jason Dundas doesn't take the money and run with it, not watching the show in future :p

Reactions: Bae
I don't think there will be a future.

As I said after episode one I don't really think this show needed weekly eliminations for the sake of it considering the overall concept is about luck, rather than lasting the distance. I'd have made it more about risk, so those digging would be eliminated if they dug up three rocks. Perhaps too once someone wins two keys they have the option to effectively sit out of the rest of the show to guarantee them the two keys on final night - or play on hoping to win more but with the risk that their keys will be stolen through twists along the way.

Considering they like to pretend the show is nothing like Survivor at all (and to be fair other than the island setting it isn't) why just copy the formula of an elimination every episode purely for the sake of it.

Just looking at the website and seems it's the grand final this weekend - have they cut the number of episodes then as they only seem half way through the eliminations.

It's a double episode on Monday, airing for nearly three hours.

So, there are 11 undug squares for tonight's finale. I will be channel surfing during each and every dig as it's mind numbing, drawn out nonsense and a silly premise for a show with more keys than episodes.

Has anybody read the disclaimer in the credits about the winning key being pre-determined in the plot? I have a conspiracy theory that they play games with the plot arrangement during the course of the show (adding keys) as the early statistics were crazy.

I won't miss it, as a show that loses a favourite or strong player due to one single loss of a challenge is nuts. It really is a battle for the top of the bell curve. It was inadvertantly the toughest show in history for certain contestants.

The winner was predictable and probably a channel 7 plant, the way the show was run they could have done anything with those keys at any time.

Sooo dodgy the way they made them open the chests in specific order and the way the early episode keys were buried very deep, but tonight one shovel and there they were (they were buried later). After this, the producers buried specific chests in specific squares and made them open them in specific order. There is nooo way this would pass Games and Lotteries laws.

Back