Skip to main content

The Big Adventure

staceyrussell

Fashion Photographer
So there is a new reality adventure show coming to channel 7 called The Big Adventure.

"The Big Adventure and will combine elements of Survivor, Treasure Island and The Mole, taking place on a tropical island with contestants challenged to find a $1m prize."

I'm excited to see what this will be as I am a MASSIVE Survivor fan and would KILL to be on Survivor (which clearly won't happen).

Either way, I don't think it could possibly beat Survivor, particularly as we don't have Jeff :p

Who else has heard about this?

Can't wait for this! I LOVE survivor hopefully this gets good ratings and then Channel Ten are all like "lets give Aussie Survivor a go" and they get Mat Doran to host. My life would be complete.

Hahaha! Man, I love Survivor so much, you have no idea. I am completely and utterly obsessed. But Jeff totally makes it for me. I don't think anyone could ever replace him, or take on an Australian survivor host position and ever live up to his awesomeness. #swoon

Survivor is awesome! The first Aussie series was a fail from start to end. I mean, who decided that it should be in a freezing location of South Australia? That person should have been fired. The show was destined to fail.

If only it could be given a proper fighting chance. The celeb version was at least tolerable.

But I agree, Jeff is synonymous with the Survivor brand. It just wouldn't be Survivor without him.

saw the ad for this last night, looks awesome, is this an original format or is there an international one i can watch first? :p
(i dont have time to google this kinda stuff :\ )

Wow a million dollar prize! Now I'm even more excited. Every time the ad is on I am desperately transfixed to the screen to see when it starts!

So TBA starts next week at 6:30pm Sunday.

2014-10-13_1148.jpg

Just a week after Reality TV contestants learn the hard way about not walking away with the big bucks, Seven will premiere The Big Adventure, in which one person will vie for a million dollars cash.
The series, conceived internally by Seven, pits 12 Aussies digging for keys on a Fijian island, with one that will unlock ‘the million dollar prize’ (it’s not clear if the winner will actually walk away with a million). The production includes a huge ‘sky rig’ stadium suspended over water.

Host Jason Dundas said, “The aim of the game is to dig up as many golden keys as possible.

“The more keys you have, the greater your chance of unlocking the million bucks. Our players will do whatever it takes to earn the right to dig for a fortune.”

The series debuts with an extended 90 minute premiere, which pushes The X Factor‘s ‘grand final’ sing-off to an 8pm start. Sunday Night is out next week with Castle airing a double episode from 10:10pm.

The Big Adventure is produced from the makers of My Kitchen Rules and House Rules.

Would you step away from your everyday life for the chance to make your dreams come true?

Twelve regular Australians will be doing just that. They will walk into The Big Adventure with a dream and one of them will walk away a millionaire.

But achieving their dream will not be easy.

Seven’s new adventure series will see 12 strangers compete in extreme conditions for the prize of a lifetime.

On a secret island in the South Pacific, carved out of the jungle, sits the Treasure Grid. Under one of the squares, a life-changing prize lies buried – one million dollars.

In every episode, contestants will earn the right to dig in the Treasure Grid in the hope of unearthing a golden key. Only one of those keys will unlock the million dollar prize.

The challenges are unlike anything ever seen before and will take place on the Sky Rig, a stadium suspended over water.

These 12 ordinary Aussies will be pushed to their limits as their skills, smarts, speed and stamina are tested.

They will have to embrace the unknown and face their fears head on. There will be doubts, disappointments and failure.

But those who don’t give up on their dreams will be triumphant.

One million dollars lies waiting… which lucky person will dig their way to victory?

6:30pm Sunday on Seven.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/10/airdate-the-big-adventure.html

Any thoughts on this?

It's a bit over-dramatised, and the format is not quite clear just yet. Diggin for a golden key is not quite as exciting as they try to market it to be. But I will give the show a go regardless.

But Jess (the cosmetic surgery rep) is the villain so far. Every show needs a villain.

Apparently Bree Amer was involved in the casting of this series, she mentioned something about it on Mike Goldman's podcast

I will probably watch it for a few more weeks see how it goes.

The eye candy does help keep my interest.

Back