Skip to main content

The Amazing Race Australia: Celebrity Edition 2023

All the 'hate' for George yet you a talking about him. Lol

And the celebrities are doing to win $100,000 for their chosen charity. (Though some probably got more for signing up for the show)
I know!! What’s are we gonna have left to talk about now haha.

Probably for me I want Darren to win, he’s probably the last remaining person / team I have an interest in other than Emma Wiggle and sister. He was just as entertaining on “The Apprentice” btw.. If you consider his bluntness entertaining. I love the way he calls a spade a spade though.

And he made some great comments about George that I will miss. But sheesh George is so utterly useless at challenges. He is really good at mouthing off others though.

Look George has his lines to the camera, but it’s not the same brow as on Survivor where he is 90% of each episode. He actually gets proportional representation on this, and then he has a cute sister that wants to vomit at the smell of manure. So if it’s the fact that George is on the show that’s putting you off, rest you have nothing to worry about. Plus, you can hope he loses the leg 😂

Celeb editions are generally less annoying than normal people editions, as eith ordinary people there’s more often than not reallyYe annoying contestants. Celebs are used to cameras and being analysed, more socially rounded due to that.

Queue two skinny blondes saying “us being blondes, people underestimate us. That’s why we’re going to prove to everyone that we can win this thing”.
I liked George's sister. She has the patience of Job.

I know I said I wouldn't watch this but I have been.
I didn't know they would be randomly saving the last team to arrive but of course it happens to be George.

What is Bec Judd famous for? Footballers wife, but does she have any claim to be interesting in her own right?
oh good, so I"m not the only googling them lol

Yes. If it really was pre-determined non-elimination, Beau could tell us before the outcome was obvious, and just save the surprise for the last team to arrive. That would make it seem less rigged.
BTW kind of impressed w/Beau in tiny bathing suit but Phil is still my fave (& his Tough as Nails show is great)

See with the Aus version on CH7, all the pitstops would say "The last team to arrive MAY be eliminated", which I liked. Because it gives the team the question of whether it would be non-elim or elim leg. I did love the time in TARAUS S1 on CH7, all the clue said was "Make your wait to the next pit-stop, Grant Bowler awaits." (It was a no rest leg), and the teams were so confused.

I just really do not like the channel 10 version compared to CH7. There is no having to find flights, no having to find public transport, no worrying about cash, it really is just a real easier version.
I thought this was due to Covid...but then again, I'm confused about all the references youse guyse are making....oooops lol

See with the Aus version on CH7, all the pitstops would say "The last team to arrive MAY be eliminated", which I liked. Because it gives the team the question of whether it would be non-elim or elim leg. I did love the time in TARAUS S1 on CH7, all the clue said was "Make your wait to the next pit-stop, Grant Bowler awaits." (It was a no rest leg), and the teams were so confused.

I just really do not like the channel 10 version compared to CH7. There is no having to find flights, no having to find public transport, no worrying about cash, it really is just a real easier version.
You might like the French version, it is the opposite, they have $1. a day per person, they have to find their own way hitch-hiking to get to where they have to be, they have to find someone every night who will accept them in their house, and often the countries they visit are poor, but the people are so nice, and the contestant so grateful. It is beautiful to see the humanity between them. Only when they have to go by plane it is paid, but they have to book themselves.

They were here?

Yep.
I don't watch The Amazing Race but I tuned in to this one initially to see how annoying George was, but ended up enjoying it long after he was gone.
Very interesting locations.

I don’t know about everyone else… but I was pretty happy with the 3 way win on the final leg. All three teams were worthy and all their charities got a win!

I don’t know about everyone else… but I was pretty happy with the 3 way win on the final leg. All three teams were worthy and all their charities got a win!
Yes, I thought that was a nice decision.
This series changed my opinion of a few people.
Darren McMullen is nicer than I thought, and I hate everything Wiggles but Emma is a sweetheart and very clever.

Yes, I thought that was a nice decision.
This series changed my opinion of a few people.
Darren McMullen is nicer than I thought, and I hate everything Wiggles but Emma is a sweetheart and very clever.
Exactly the same as my thoughts. I also loved Ali and her relationship with her Mum.

Back