Skip to main content

The Amazing Race Australia: Celebrity Edition 2023

They say its pre-determined but I would't be surprised if thats not totally the case and the producers just decide which leg would be a non elimination to save a particular team
Yes. If it really was pre-determined non-elimination, Beau could tell us before the outcome was obvious, and just save the surprise for the last team to arrive. That would make it seem less rigged.

They say its pre-determined but I would't be surprised if thats not totally the case and the producers just decide which leg would be a non elimination to save a particular team
The only thing that makes me think otherwise is the logistics. Booking accomodation, places need to be aware of how many people are arriving for challenges ect. But then again, that’s also something they can just work out as they go as well. But many times before production favourites go early, Charla and Mirna in season 5 for instance.

Yes. If it really was pre-determined non-elimination, Beau could tell us before the outcome was obvious, and just save the surprise for the last team to arrive. That would make it seem less rigged.
Yes, presumably they could film something which is obviously filmed at the start of the leg but away from the contestants to confirm that.

Reality TV production not only has to be honest but it has to feel honest too. I think that facts were that George actually wasn't saved at all by producers during the last series - but it felt like he was constantly being saved and every twist felt like it was for his benefit.

Last edited:
Yes, presumably they could film something which is obviously filmed at the start of the leg but away from the contestants to confirm that.
Yes but if they did that, there would be no point watching it. If he told us at the beginning of the leg "it's a pre-determined non-elimination leg", then there is no point watching it, cause we know no one is gonna go home

Better to know you're wasting your time at the beginning rather than at the end. And presumably even with a non-elimination there is still an advantage to coming first - and surely with a show like this the drama is in the journey, not the result.

I've never actually watched The Amazing Race, but love the much purer Race Across the World which is essentially the same concept without the challenges along the way or the flights.

I’m not sure if the modern seasons do this, I haven’t watched the amazing race properly since the early 20s seasons. But early on Phil would declare if the leg was an elimination leg once the first team was on their way to the pit stop. If he said “the last time to check in WILL be eliminated” then we knew it was an elimination. Otherwise he’d say MAY be eliminated, which usually meant a non elimination.

I’m not sure if the modern seasons do this, I haven’t watched the amazing race properly since the early 20s seasons. But early on Phil would declare if the leg was an elimination leg once the first team was on their way to the pit stop. If he said “the last time to check in WILL be eliminated” then we knew it was an elimination. Otherwise he’d say MAY be eliminated, which usually meant a non elimination.
See with the Aus version on CH7, all the pitstops would say "The last team to arrive MAY be eliminated", which I liked. Because it gives the team the question of whether it would be non-elim or elim leg. I did love the time in TARAUS S1 on CH7, all the clue said was "Make your wait to the next pit-stop, Grant Bowler awaits." (It was a no rest leg), and the teams were so confused.

I just really do not like the channel 10 version compared to CH7. There is no having to find flights, no having to find public transport, no worrying about cash, it really is just a real easier version.

They still do that. However the last 2 seasons have had no non-elimination legs and teams were told this at the beginning of the season, so the pressure was on the teams from the very start.

I am loving the new season of The Amazing Race as they have gone back to the pre-Covid times where teams had to book their own flights. The Australian teams have it way too easy with being on the same flight and not having to find their own transportation + always getting bunched together.

I am loving the new season of The Amazing Race as they have gone back to the pre-Covid times where teams had to book their own flights. The Australian teams have it way too easy with being on the same flight and not having to find their own transportation + always getting bunched together.
Oh wow this is extremely promising. This is an aspect of the race I really love and I hate that modern seasons stopped with it. Charla and Mirna really were catalysts for airport drama. Something I absolutely love.

Better to know you're wasting your time at the beginning rather than at the end. And presumably even with a non-elimination there is still an advantage to coming first - and surely with a show like this the drama is in the journey, not the result.

I've never actually watched The Amazing Race, but love the much purer Race Across the World which is essentially the same concept without the challenges along the way or the flights.
I love these physically punishing races as well
Eco challenge Fiji

I don’t suspect they would care enough to keep in a Producer favorite in this show. Because of the nature of each group simply being sound bytes, and in Amazing Race, the lower rung of racers quickly become apparent. Sure there is bad luck and strengths that sometimes align (eg emma wiggle dancing challenges and art challenges), but on average the backward pack will always fall in the backward pack.

If you have bad intuition you will be last. George nearly finishing all those bananas before finding the purple one is a classic example. They literally started at the top and worked their way down, while other teams had two or three and out the gate. Georges time is around the corner in the next couple of episodes I predict.

Often pairs that are boring af to watch do well on this show. It really is more about how the teams handle navigation and challenge handling that matters rather than their personalities. So I don’t really buy into them giving George & sister specifically a get out of jail card.

All the 'hate' for George yet you a talking about him. Lol

And the celebrities are doing to win $100,000 for their chosen charity. (Though some probably got more for signing up for the show)

Back