Skip to main content

Survivor Worlds Apart

Just caught up! I was sorry to see that organic knob jockey voted out. He would have been a awesome love to hate type of contestant.

For an all round positive vibe rainbow chasing free spirit he sure sucked the joy from anyone in a 2 metre vicinity!!

Just caught up! I was sorry to see that organic knob jockey voted out. He would have been a awesome love to hate type of contestant.

SAME! Couldn't stand him, but Survivor needs interesting weirdo players, not necessarily NICE.

Reactions: Tee
My favourite Vince (last name Sly!) moment was getting girlface Joe to own his character flaws while being aware of none of his own.

There have been 29 prior seasons and every hut construction fight has hurt everyone involved. Anyone taking a dominant role in hut construction is a rookie of the game. Get wood you fools. Get building materials to cause others to fight. Don't give advice about using a machete or the angle of the roof. Hiding is better than fighting over the hut, and then Vince made Joe admit every character flaw over again.

Vince was fun to watch fail, but he really left without even a strategy, having kneejerked a reaction to his poor throwing in the challenge and splitting a 3 on 3 alliance. It wasn't good play or even a big move in the end. One threatened player flipped.

My favourite Vince (last name Sly!) moment was getting girlface Joe to own his character flaws while being aware of none of his own.

There have been 29 prior seasons and every hut construction fight has hurt everyone involved. Anyone taking a dominant role in hut construction is a rookie of the game. Get wood you fools. Get building materials to cause others to fight. Don't give advice about using a machete or the angle of the roof. Hiding is better than fighting over the hut, and then Vince made Joe admit every character flaw over again.

Vince was fun to watch fail, but he really left without even a strategy, having kneejerked a reaction to his poor throwing in the challenge and splitting a 3 on 3 alliance. It wasn't good play or even a big move in the end. One threatened player flipped.
You couldn't be more wrong about that. Read his interview with Gordon Holmes. The whole reason Joe, Jenn and Hali decided to split the vote in the first place was because Vince planted the seed in their heads that Nina had an idol. His plan was to make them paranoid so they would split the vote and then the plan was for Will, Nina and Vince to blindside Jenn. That was all going to plan until Nina screwed that up. Joe has basically admitted that this was the case as well stating how Vince is much smarter than he appears and the edit portrayed him as some crazy psycho with zero gaming ability. I reckon had he made it far the producers would have showed far more of his strategic side.

My favourite episode of the season. The Max blindside was great. How annoying was he? He must of thought his whole "survivor super fan" persona was cool and entertaining but it was just irritating. The part at the end when he pretended to have an immunity idol at tribal council and he said "Hold up bro" to Jeff and he followed it up by saying "Oh, don't worry, I've just always wanted to do that" was sooooo lame! Speaking of that, how amazing was the shade Jeff threw back at him? "Okay…" Hahaha Jeff Probst was great this episode.

Anyway I feel like this season is building into something special. Characters who were annoying me at the start are starting to grow on me such as Dan, Mike and Jenn. Mike is hilarious with his mood swings. Jenn came across as a snarky bitch to me at the start but more of an annoying one as opposed to an entertaining one. I liked her this episode though and I was glad that she found the idol.

Dan is just a train wreck. He kind of reminds me of Kass in terms of the fact that they are both middle aged, average looking super fans who went on the show wanting to be memorable and they simply got cast solely because of their potential for conflict and because they are fans. I always appreciate cast members who are quite clearly not selected simply for their looks because you know they must have impressed the producers some other way.

I think Dan is in a good position to make the merge now. He is on a strong tribe that is unlikely to lose a challenge before the merge and if they do Rodney is a bigger target than Dan. I know I am rambling now but that is another similarity between him and Kass. Everyone including Probst probably expected them both to go very early and yet Kass finished 3rd and Dan is in a strong position to survive to the merge. Considering Dan came on the show with the intent of being memorable and he said to Mike in the first episode "Villains win this game" I expect him to make some crazy moves come merge time just like Kass did and really shake things up. I know a lot of you find him really annoying and I did as well for the first three or so episodes but I honestly feel like he has the potential to grow into a really great character like Kass did as well.

P.S. Thinking of Dan as a character makes me wish Vince had survived! Imagine the interactions between Dan and Vince. That would have been TV gold.

My favourite episode of the season. The Max blindside was great. How annoying was he? He must of thought his whole "survivor super fan" persona was cool and entertaining but it was just irritating. The part at the end when he pretended to have an immunity idol at tribal council and he said "Hold up bro" to Jeff and he followed it up by saying "Oh, don't worry, I've just always wanted to do that" was sooooo lame! Speaking of that, how amazing was the shade Jeff threw back at him? "Okay…" Hahaha Jeff Probst was great this episode.

Anyway I feel like this season is building into something special. Characters who were annoying me at the start are starting to grow on me such as Dan, Mike and Jenn. Mike is hilarious with his mood swings. Jenn came across as a snarky bitch to me at the start but more of an annoying one as opposed to an entertaining one. I liked her this episode though and I was glad that she found the idol.

I liked Jenn at the start, then I didn't like her, now I like her. (Wish Vince was still there.)

But god that was a great blindside. (The poor man, his eyes went so flat and dead with shock.) I am also going to co-opt the use of the description he used about how it felt - "uncomfy" - as an excellent and daggy understatement, the next time my life goes pear-shaped.

Am just loathing so many of the blue tribe, old and new - but a few plucky underdogs are appearing, and over on new red, I have liked Carolyn from the get go.

Jeff was a bit mean with that dead-eye to the old Superfan with his cheery fake Immunity Idol move. Oh, how gutting to do all that, the blather beforehand, and then get blindsided! Super-uncomfy!

I was so glad of that blindside. That "superfan" was so awkward, and I hope Shirin follows him out soon.
The "hold up bro" moment was totally cringeworthy.

I don't love any of them yet, but Jenn improved exponetially this week.
Not a fan of Dan.

Having all the women end up on one tribe was a bit unfortunate. I wonder how long it'll be before they rejig them again.

Yeah, I didn't want to see men vs women.

My favs, at the moment, are Joaquin and Kelly, but I also like Mike, Dan, Carolyn, and Jennifer.

My least favorite are Rodney, 'cause he's a jerk, and Will, 'cause he seems pretty worthless. I wouldn't mind seeing Sierra and Shirin voted out, but Shirin is beginning to grow on me. I like her as a person.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with Worlds Apart but it is fairly big Survivor news. It is highly likely that season 32 will be a full All Stars season. There have also been rumours that players such as Richard Hatch, Jonny Fairplay, Shane Powers and Abi-Maria Gomes could return! Those 4 including Tony and Kass who would undoubtedly get asked to return would make for a crazy and entertaining season!

I had to google Abi-Maria to be reminded of who she was. The face is vaguely familiar but I can't remember why she was supposed to be memorable.

I had to google Abi-Maria to be reminded of who she was. The face is vaguely familiar but I can't remember why she was supposed to be memorable.

tumblr_mazphbbZSu1qcnzaso1_500.gif

Back