Skip to main content

Survivor Australia 2016!

I don't mind this, I think anyone taking on the role of host is already going to be seen in Jeff's shadow.

Ok I know this word gets used a lot but that is truly random! I have heard of him but would never have predicted this. Was he approached to host I wonder? Kinda glad it's not Chris Brown and especially glad it's not Commando.

Jonathan actually studied medicine, for a bit anyway, so at least he has some semblance of intelligence to him - I hope he gets to bring this to the role.

Ok I know this word gets used a lot but that is truly random! I have heard of him but would never have predicted this. Was he approached to host I wonder? Kinda glad it's not Chris Brown and especially glad it's not Commando.

Jonathan actually studied medicine, for a bit anyway, so at least he has some semblance of intelligence to him - I hope he gets to bring this to the role.

I'm glad it's not Dr Chris too. I do quite like him but the last thing Australian Survivor needs is to be an I'm A Celebrity clone.
Also glad it isn't Rove - he would bring a cheese factor to it that they seem to be avoiding by giving the role to Lapaglia.

and especially glad it's not Commando.
Oh man, that would have sucked so bad. :bored: And even with my level of appreciation, Dr Chris is bordering on saturation levels now. And he's almost too nice for this show. The host of Survivor needs to have a strong personality combined with relatability, but also requires serious sass, a degree of intimidation and some serious quick thinking for the tribal councils.

I never would have guessed him, nor am I really familiar with his past works, but he definitely has the look and appeal that the host of a Survivor show needs.

I think he's a perfect choice, especially given the other rumoured candidates.

That would have been quite strange to see the commando in the hosting role.

Yes, I hope he gets to show his smarts on the show as well. He has been doing his homework on the show and meeting up with Jeff Probst.

I've never heard of him before oops, but I've been watching interviews of him and he seems promising, the way he talks about his characters is quick and in depth enough so he could probably read situations well and push buttons in tribal

I first saw Jonathan in Underbelly Badness. Much Goodness, me thinks.

I appreciate how they are testing the waters with someone new and relatively unknown rather than an already a well established television presenter who could be criticised by the fans of the show.

I've never watched Survivor before but I'm mildly looking forward to this. After all, anything that's remotely like Big Brother has to be my cup of tea, right?

I've recently sourced the first two original Australian seasons from 2000 and 2006 so I'll watch those soon to get familiar with the game and concept in the lead-up to Season 3! It sounds really promising and I don't doubt that Channel 10 will do a great job!

Yeah that is true. Because of shitty internet I don't really get a chance to watch international big brothers. So a show like this one is great where you get to see everyday ordinary people challenge themselves in an unfamiliar environment.

I don't like either of these people.

The choice of host is crucial in the success of the show.
Does anyone even remember the host from the nine version off the top of their head? No, because he was a poor choice (and it was over 16 years ago:roflmao:)

Can't be much longer till the host is announced.

Anyone think it could be a women?

Oh yeah a woman would have been a good idea. Not Shelly Craft though.

Giaan Rooney would have been a great choice I reckon.

If they had chosen a woman instead of Jonathan who would you have picked?

For anybody who's interested... I was perusing the TVNZ ratecards to get an idea of when the launch of Survivor NZ would be when I discovered that Australian Survivor (Survivor: Australia) would begin airing in NZ on OR around the 4th of September. I don't know how much of a delay there will be given that The Voice Australia won't start until mid-July. This has got me thinking that Survivor NZ won't be until early next year.

Here's a screenshot...
Australian Survivor.jpg

btw through my super secret connections I have heard that working on Australian Survivor production has been much worse than working on American tv shows

Back