Skip to main content

Survivor Australia 2016!

I am really excited about this show as a huge fan of the US version! Although with the news about it being on TV multiple nights a week and lasting 54 days I am starting to think it might be Big Brother on an Island with them getting easier living conditions and more food then the American contestants who are really struggling come Day 39.

Does anyone think we could see some former BB housemates pop up on this show? Back when Tim won BBAU2013 he said he is actually a big Survivor fan and if he had a choice between applying for Big Brother or Survivor he would have chosen Survivor. Due to the fact that he is basically a Z list celebrity these days I highly doubt they'll put him on the show.

I found out recently that Skye from BBAU2014 started an application form and uploaded an application video to Youtube but she said in the caption of the video that she didn't end up completing the application form so she won't be on the show.

I could see Tahan from 2013 applying likewise Paul from 2004 and Michael the insider from 2006 was a massive Survivor fan and said the only reason he applied for BB was because he couldn't apply for Survivor as he was not a US citizen. Obviously it has been 10 years since he made these comments but I wouldn't be surprised if he applied.

Anyone else anyone can think of? It is hard to think of housemates from the Channel 10 era who'd be interested other than Paul and Michael2006 who I mentioned but can anyone think of anyone from the 9 era? Estelle might enjoy an adventure like this. Tully is famewhorey enough to apply like Skye did. Priya might enjoy the strategic aspect plus she appears to be a bit of a famewhore as well appearing on BB both in Aus and in India so she might apply simply to get back on TV. Ben Norris winner of 2012 is a huge famewhore as well.

I look forward to seeing the cast reveal and finding out if any past BB housemates made the final cast. For some reason I am expecting Paul2004 to be on and I think he'd do really, really well on Survivor. What about Tim Brunero? He'd be another who would love the strategic side and would love another opportunity to get his mug on TV.

I would hate to see any former reality contestants on Australian Survivor.
So would I preferably. Although if they are reality tv contestants from 10+ years ago it wouldn't bother me all that much. I just wouldn't be completely surprised if we saw an ex BB contestant end up on the show due to the fact that as an ex BB contestant they'd have experience in how to create a good application and promote themselves as interesting characters for tv.

Can't comment on quality but I thought MasterChef had kind of fizzled ratings wise over the last few series?

It had a dip a few years ago, but the last couple of seasons it has been holding its own. In terms of the current ratings' landscape in Australia it's doing well, and it sells very well internationally.

They just screened a preview ad during Masterchef tonight! Get excited!

Back