Skip to main content

Rush - Season 1

Btw I really think it’s bullshit AI answer about CK he has no US accent and when I enquirered further it said something about him being from Boston and possibly having dual citizenship, and claims his last name is “Coombs”.

I haven’t by listened yet, but Dave was interviewed by Ben Norris on his Tv Reload podcast and apparently clarified that they do know what country they are in, just not where in the country the drop point is.

Very likely that both Rush and Million Dollar Island will not be returning. Ratings have been horrible in all aspects.

Enjoying this show. Miss Fiona since she sacrificed herself.

But, am amazed how little the contestants actually RUSH. There has been lots of wandering around food courts and putting their belliy's first.

I reckon Rush may catch on later.. It’s really well done and more entertaining than amazing race.

No time to catch on though, finale is in 5 days. And reality shows usually don't get many people catching up on them later. But if The Traitors could come back which had even worse ratings last year there might be some hope for Rush yet.

I think Bing was on to something. I found a thread on a rush fan fb page where CK said it was visa issues due to dual nationality.

2 pics attached
If there is anything that I find annoying in reality tv it’s when things are alluded to but not explained. “For personal reasons” seems like such a fail of a reason unless it’s explained.

Like anyone could skip a leg and claim there are personal reasons why they won’t go on the next leg. It was especially suspicious because he was a third wheel in his team at the time. Anyway, this is a good explanation and it’s hard to deny that it was unavoidable and a shame. I’m sure he really wanted to be a part on the India one.

It’s a shame they couldn’t bring a player back in the game due to the other bloke having a family emergency. If I could choose a lifeline I would send the partner back in the game.

It’s actually pleasant that there are no non elimination episodes, and we should laud the producers for that!

I think I will never forget that “couple” in a race game preparing to go to a wedding & shopping with a billion & 1clothing options, and the couple both happy with the decision to have the clothing resized to fit perfectly 😂 😂 😂 such classic tv!!

I'm surprised nobody has given this final thoughts ?

Well my excuse is we just finished watching it this last weekend. We were watching House of Dragons in the time we had free for TV viewing and so had a bit to catch up on, and Rush had very long episodes with extremely long ad breaks on 9 Now, which took us at least 1 hour and 20 minutes per episode to get through!

My final thoughts are, the winner was worthy. Good presentation on the show. It was pretty exciting. Towards the end it started to fall a bit flat and the long episode length became much more noticeable and there weren't as many funny moments to go on. The end runs maybe need a bit more thought or need to be shorter. I also probably need to use DVR to watch this so we can skip the intolerable ads that play repeatedly. I'm thinking that others felt the same to the end or lost interest before the end.

Where did y'all get?

I'm surprised nobody has given this final thoughts ?

Well my excuse is we just finished watching it this last weekend. We were watching House of Dragons in the time we had free for TV viewing and so had a bit to catch up on, and Rush had very long episodes with extremely long ad breaks on 9 Now, which took us at least 1 hour and 20 minutes per episode to get through!

My final thoughts are, the winner was worthy. Good presentation on the show. It was pretty exciting. Towards the end it started to fall a bit flat and the long episode length became much more noticeable and there weren't as many funny moments to go on. The end runs maybe need a bit more thought or need to be shorter. I also probably need to use DVR to watch this so we can skip the intolerable ads that play repeatedly. I'm thinking that others felt the same to the end or lost interest before the end.

Where did y'all get?
I forgot to watch the last episode, lol. One day I realised that I didn't know who won, so I watched it on catch up.
I like the show and like the end.

Last edited:
Back