Skip to main content

Rush - Season 1

D Space

Are any of you watching “Rush”?

Travel show not dissimilar to Amazing Race, but better photography, less people, and much better editing!!. It’s simply gorgeous.

David Genat, the Golden God from Survivor is hosting. It consists of 3 teams of 4 individuals who race the other teams, then losing team one person gets voted out. There are only 4 or so stops per episode and you get to see some amazing things along the way, and it can be funny…. I’m impressed with the show so far. Have yet to watch episode 3 - Jordan though so no spoilers please! ;)

If you’re not into it yet, I recommend checking it out!!

Yeah I'm enjoying it.
It seems to have something The Amazing Race lacks, because I could never get into that.

David is a surprisingly laid back host, leaving the ego at the door, but with humour, like making them bring him food.

The "majority votes out the person they want to get rid of" is hardly fair, especially when two form an instant bond/alliance, but it's the same with many reality shows.

Yeah @Meglos that sucks. In episode one it was particularly striking for me,

The person who was voted out was well aware of the stupidity of chasing a meal instead of heading to the checkpoint. She was right all the time, and it seems to me would have been more useful than one or two of them. That was particularly dumb of that team. To be fair, I think there was footage that we missed though on that final hike where she tells them if there is more hiking like this she wants to get voted out.

I’m stuck at home with Covid round two. So I binged the first 2 eps this afternoon and currently watching Ep 3.

I agree with the above comments, I’ve always thought I “should” like TAR, even though I’ve tried, I’ve never been able to get into it.

But I am liking Rush.

I think I’m enjoying watching the dynamics as the groups aren’t known to each other. The locations are stunning and the “drop” at the beginning of the episode is pretty epic. I wonder how genuinely unaware the contestants are. Surely they would know what country they are in as they would need to go through customs etc at the airport. Surely they aren’t blindfolded the whole trip?

The clue in the first two eps was so easy, Christ The Redeemer and Basilica Cistern. Funny to see some of the teams struggle.

In Ep2, CK really probably should have forced it to a random vote as the other two have obviously formed a close alliance and he will be next (unless there is some other twist). Priscilla was right about that.

Not enough David GG Genat for me. He makes a good host, but he shines being strategic, whether playing or commentating others play so this format I feel under utilises his skill.

Seems a bit ‘convenient’ that the teams have each lost one player by the end of the third episode 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah I’m a little suss on them not knowing which country they’re in. Brazil is one of the hardest countries for Australians to get into. You have to make an appointment to visit their consulates and the appointments are hard to get, forget getting that done in a month!!! Plus yellow fever shots etc otherwise they won’t let you back in when you return to Australia.

My sister has kids with Brazilian partner and even then it was really difficult for her to sort out visa to visit the family in Brazil.

So I feel like there are parts where they use creative license and they tell them to say things like which country are we in. They may not know exactly where they’re headed but I couldn’t imagine them in a plane for 30 hours blindfolded and noise canceling headphones on. lol

Also, there is no way in hell they’d let those people wonder around aimlessly in a favella in Brazil. That country is dangerous as fuck. Like if you wanna walk away naked, mugged, and afraid, then yeh, try that…..Wasn’t it weird how they were saying how afraid they were walking down some crazy street and then suddenly all the teams located the soccer field at once?

Last edited:
I liked them, but it's lucky the couple were broken up as it makes for predictable voting.
Choosing my words carefully as I’m unsure what the “personal reasons” were that kept CK from competing last night …. But it might have gone very differently if he were with them and got to the escape zone last still.

If I were Saxon I would have asked Dave to light his flare for confirmation tho lol.

Waiting that long for an alteration was incredibly puzzling in the middle of this game.

Yes, CJ's non-appearance and his non-availability to be voted out did look a bit like producer interference in the face of his otherwise certain demise the next time that team were up.

The dress alteration was very silly, but people make bad decisions under pressure.
Lola seemed to get caught up in thinking she was at a real wedding and had to look nice, when really they would have passed the task if they showed up in rags, as long as they weren't last and got a selfie.

I’m so nosey. I really want to know why CK had to miss India and now Tommy has pulled out permanently for personal reasons. 🤥

Adam is happy to talk crap about Hamish behind his back… but doesn’t appear to want to step up and actually take a leadership role. It’s easy to throw stones from behind

Not the ending I expected. According to what we’ve seen, Hamish should have been the target. But then Adam admits he’s the weakest in the team.
I think it was a truly nice gesture from Fiona.

I’m so nosey. I really want to know why CK had to miss India and now Tommy has pulled out permanently for personal reasons. 🤥
Covid? But I’m not sure why Tommy would be out permanently if that was true in both cases.

I understand personal reasons, but from a narrative perspective I want to know too 😑

Covid? But I’m not sure why Tommy would be out permanently if that was true in both cases.
I figured it was Covid for CK. But they later added "family emergency" as Tommy's personal reason.
I think it was a truly nice gesture from Fiona.
It was beautiful. I really liked her, fabulous casting. David was very sweet with his sidehugs afterwards. I will miss her.

I love this show! It's not perfect, but it is 1000 times more watchable and interesting than Amazing Race.

I haven't started to watch what I have recorded, I am really behind. I was not sure I would like it, but some of you do, so I have to start watching :)

Im still catching up guys.. The episodes are quite long - over an hour and that’s without adverts. And we are watching House of Dragon. Anyway, Halfway through Thailand now, which has been most enjoyable.

Btw, I asked Google Bard what the reason for CK not making india was and it confidently (as AI chatbots do) asserted:

Yes, there is a reason why CK couldn't visit India in the travel reality TV show "Rush." CK is a citizen of the United States, and the United States government currently has a travel advisory against visiting India due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The advisory warns that travelers to India may be at risk of contracting COVID-19, and that there are limited medical facilities available in India to treat COVID-19 patients. As a result of the travel advisory, CK was not allowed to visit India for the show.

The travel advisory against India was issued in April 2020, and it is still in effect as of July 2023. It is possible that the advisory will be lifted in the future, but it is not clear when that might happen. If the advisory is lifted, CK would be able to visit India for the show.”

So that’s super weird if true, and kinda bullshitty at this time. He is surely an Aussie citizen. I kind of have doubts on this one.

I’ve got more to say but Ill do it later. Looking forward to seeing how Thailand ends. Already got spoiled by you guys and also by some IG post but it’s already obvious the loser has been dragging her feet lol. I love the entertainment value though of her getting so excited in the food markets. Reminds me of some mates.

Back