Skip to main content

'Request of Notification' - What would be your three if you went into the house?

Paddy Lock

I'd like to be notified of the following:
1. If there's no more room in hell and a zombie apocalypse has begun?
2. If Abbot has been sacked/killed?
3. If Led Zeppelin have announced a reformation and are touring Oz.

Reactions: Tee
Very good question!

I can't think of all three right now but I, like nearly everyone I'm sure, would want to know of the death of any close family members.

I don't think I would list being told about any non-dire health issues though because (as long as they're not going to pass away whilst I was in there) I think it would be better to let me enjoy the rest of my experience and find out when I'm out. Death would be the most important one though, for obvious reasons.

I'll think about my other two...

I honestly feel like I wouldn't really care to be told about anything, save for deaths of course, or if I was desperately needed on the outside due to some seriously unfortunate incident. Otherwise I feel I'd be pretty okay not knowing stuff, despite being a complete gossiping bitch who needs to know everyone's business at all times.

Great question! I think it would be if family members/friends die, family is gravely ill or family babies born

Do we know if death of an immediate family member is a given or not? It seems like it should be.
Depends.

As we know, Josh's brother passed away in BB09 and he left because of it, but another scenario played out during BB07 when Emma's dad passed away while she was in the house. A moral dilemma then arose because Emma's dad had actually said that he didn't want Emma to know of his passing until she was evicted, but then news of his death reached mainstream media and it blew up on the outside with people saying that she should be told. The problem was I think it was also one of her "Requests of Notification" to know if something happened, but because her dad had specifically mentioned that she wasn't to be told, it caused a controversial conflict of interest - do they respect his wishes or hers?

In the end, they actually did tell her. The show handled the situation really well and it was edited extremely sensitively. They even offered her the decision to leave the game if she wanted to.

The most bizarre thing to come out of it though was the morning after Emma was told, out of pure coincidence Laura woke up and casually mentioned that she had a dream about Emma with a man who she felt was "a father or something". The look on Emma's face was sickening... one of the most rawest moments in BBAU history imo.

Check it out for yourself (watch from the beginning):

Sigh. When Big Brother was actually REAL.

Last edited:
That's completely fucked up.
See my post above regarding this. It was a huge issue on the outside, but BB dealt with it respectfully.

The most fucked up part was actually the public's reaction.

"During the staging of the live Nominations show two audience members held up a sign reading "Emma, Your Dad Is Dead", presumably hoping a housemate would see it during a live cross between host Gretel Killeen and the housemates during the program. However the Nomination show features no live crosses; these are in fact a feature of Eviction shows. They were discovered and ejected from the audience."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Big_Brother_Australia_housemates_(2007_series)#Emma

Anyway, I don't want to stray too far from the OP's topic but yeah, I thought it was worth discussing again. It was a fascinating situation...

I think death or dire illness should be notified regardless shouldn't have to put that in 3 requests tbh.

It would really depend on the situation going into house. For example if was in a relationship obviously would want to know if they left, other than that, I can't think of anything I'd NEED to know tbh, again if a friend was having a baby or something I'd put that, it all would depend on the circumstances around me at the time of going into the house.

1. Death or illness of a family member or close friend
2. Anything 'serious' happening to my kids- I know it probably could seem like it falls under the first but really the idea of them having to go through anything without me would kill me, another reason I could never go on BB
3. Some sort of terrorist/war/security issue I think mainly again for the kids?

I think it all comes down to the fact I cant stand being away from them. Oh hell. Let me pretend I dont have kids lol

1 would still be the same, but apart from that I actually can't think of any? I don't have any pets Im that attached to (apart from the kids lol) so as long as I could know my family and friends were safe thats the main thing.

The most bizarre thing to come out of it though was the morning after Emma was told, out of pure coincidence Laura woke up and casually mentioned that she had a dream about Emma with a man who she felt was "a father or something". The look on Emma's face was sickening... one of the most rawest moments in BBAU history imo.

God I remember that...got chills watching it back then.

Ok, the serious list:
1. Obviously, the death of an immediate family member, partner or close friend.
2. Sudden wealth (partner winning lotto / being left a fortune by an admirer etc)
3. The offer of a dream job.
All things that would make me leave the house immediately.

Death or illness of family, friends or pets.

Nothing else

Back