Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a huge fan of Tahan. Loved her on the show. I wish we could get her to play the U.S. version. Loved the article and photos above. Just didn't want to quote a long piece.

These photos make me want to come to.Australia for a while. It seems so far from the U.S. but Aussies seem to come here often..

I was a little surprised that Drew found the U.S. was cheaper than Australia. Things seem expensive here to me! I don't know how Aussies manage if it costs more!!

No one seems to want to rewatch with me. So ill just make my own observations in the thread.

I am a huge fan of Tahan. Loved her on the show. I wish we could get her to play the U.S. version. Loved the article and photos above. Just didn't want to quote a long piece.

These photos make me want to come to.Australia for a while. It seems so far from the U.S. but Aussies seem to come here often..

I was a little surprised that Drew found the U.S. was cheaper than Australia. Things seem expensive here to me! I don't know how Aussies manage if it costs more!!

No one seems to want to rewatch with me. So ill just make my own observations in the thread.

well there is always Celebrity big brother

This was a retweet by Tully about the same time she posted the Luna pic last night.

8 HOURS AGO
11 Things Every Single Person Wishes Their Couple Friends Remembered
Courtney Carruthers

screen-shot-2014-07-22-at-9-25-04-am.png

Bridesmaids
1. We don’t need to be set up with every single family member, co-worker, neighbor and friend that you know.

2. We do not need to be registered on every dating site there is, including Farmers Only (yes, that dating website actually exists.)

3. When new couples join our group gatherings, there is no need to revisit all of our dating failures, along with all of our partners that you still miss, while getting the group up to speed about the reasons we are still single.

4. We appreciate being included in group outings, but you have to accept that more often than not, we feel like the 5th wheel. So we leave early or make a lame excuse why we can’t attend, stop making us feel guilty about it.

5. We don’t need (or want) every dating guide with a title like, “find your soul mate at the grocery store” or “now is a good time to settle for whoever is still interested”.

6. Stop reciting all of our great qualities, like a resume, and ending with “I just don’t know why someone so fantastic is still single.” It’s condescending.

7. Don’t introduce us as…”This is my SINGLE friend so and so…” We don’t need a ribbon; we didn’t win, best in show, at the local pageant.

8. Don’t come to us for advice, if in the end, you aren’t going to take it (even though you know its great advice), and especially if, one of your rebuttal comments will sound something like this…”What do you know anyway, you’re the one who can’t keep a relationship.”

9. Don’t mock our single status. We don’t mock you for settling. (Side note: We realize that not everyone feels as though they have settled in their relationship. We also realize that the ones who usually do the mocking are the ones who did the settling.)

10. If you are coupled and you choose to enjoy a night out with your single friends sans the partner, don’t act single to stimulate your ego or impress us with your ‘I still got it’ skills. It’s obnoxious, and it will inevitably make us feel uncomfortable around you and your partner.

11. Maybe we still enjoy the single life, or maybe we don’t and we are searching for our complimentary other half, either way…let US find our way. Our story doesn’t have to mirror your story, in order, to be successful.
tc_mark.gif

Could be at The Voice after party.

I think it was before that - it was posted on 21st (Monday) and refers to the night before. Sunday night Jade went to Tim's so it could have been in the street at Bondi on her way there and the pic with will.i.am could have been the same night at a venue around there. The Voice final was Monday night.

I think it was before that - it was posted on 21st (Monday) and refers to the night before. Sunday night Jade went to Tim's so it could have been in the street at Bondi on her way there and the pic with will.i.am could have been the same night at a venue around there. The Voice final was Monday night.

Possibly Sunday night when will.i.am did his set at the cargo bar.

Yep massive fan of the girl too! Even outside of the house I find her just as interesting. I like that she has shown us snippets of her heritage and her love for representing this side of her is obvious. But I like that she doesn't pretend to not enjoy the city chic side of her too. If she ever goes in to the US series, you better believe I will watch lol.

Since you are watching it all over again, I'd like to hear if your thought are different the second time around. Like whether your fondness or dislike for a hm has changed without the hype of these boards. Another one is whether what was originally a big deal now just seems like ridiculous how hyped up it became on these boards.

sugarsisterskl
4 hours ago
Sending a big Happy Birthday to my beautiful little sister Lucy! 22 today! You are the most amazing sister in the universe and you are my bestest friend! You are my partner in crime and we have so many amazing memories together and so many more to come I wish you all the happiness in the world, you deserve the very best of everything In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips hehe I love you Lu! Let your birthday celebrations begin YAY!!!
1f389.png
1f497.png

10561030_1448074228795754_1925422001_n.jpg

realheidi
4 hours ago
This weeks article in @perthnow about my beauty sin & what happened! #makeup #beauty xxo check it out at www.perthnow.com.au
10534890_260455037492814_2046606317_n.jpg

PerthNow @perthnow · 1h
.@perthnow columnist Heidi Anderson learnt a lesson about make-up the hard way. Read her tale, heed her warning http://bit.ly/UmXtB6

Heidi Anderson: Hard lesson learnt about wearing old make-up, no thanks to mum

I can’t believe it took an eye infection to find this out.
This column is for the ladies today — men, by all means, if you wear makeup I’m not discriminating against you.

I just feel it’s better aimed at the ladies, as most of us wear makeup every day.

I need to tell you something that no one had ever told me until recently. I guess you could look upon this as a bit of a Community Service Announcement.

On many occasions I have taken advice and been unable to offer anything in return. Well my time has finally come to help you, so here goes.

Hopefully not too many of you know this, otherwise this entire column has been a waste of time for me and for you.

But I figured in 30 years if I’d never heard of this, then many of you probably haven’t either.

I’m really building this up aren’t I? OK, here goes.

If you have eye make-up — as in mascara — in your drawers or a make-up bag at home, you need to throw it in the bin if it’s older than 3 months!

I can hear you asking all the same questions that I did: “What? Huh? Why? Seriously?”

But if you want to avoid pus, swelling, eye patches and antibiotics, I suggest you give your make-up bag one hell of a clean out.

How do I know this you ask? Well, I have experienced it first-hand.

Yep — the pus, the swelling and the antibiotics. OK, so the eye patch might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I felt like I needed one.

I just chose not to leave the house as I could barely see out of my left eye — an eye patch would’ve been much more attractive for me and for you.

How did this happen I hear you ask?

Well, I was back in my home town of Bathurst visiting my 94-year-old Grandma recently, when I realised I’d forgotten my mascara — a vital part of any girl’s make-up bag.

I rarely ever leave the house without mascara, as I have very fair eye lashes and whenever people see me without make-up, they ask if I’m feeling OK. So, I leave my mascara free days for the gym or for the couch, where no one will see me.

I couldn’t go a week without it — who knows who I’d run into while I was home, and I didn’t want to waste 20-30 bucks on a decent mascara, when I had loads back in Perth.

So I rummaged through my old drawers at my parents place when I came across this little bottle of mascara that my Nan had given me four or five years ago.

“You bloody ripper! This will save me forking out,” I thought to myself.

So I unscrewed the bottle and proceeded to put my face on. The mascara looked good and it didn’t smell off, so I was happy.

When I woke up the next morning, I had one panda eye and one big, fat, swollen, red pussy eye.

I had a few “red cordials” the night before, slept in my make-up — which is another beauty sin — and woke up looking like I’d been in a bar fight.

I waited a few days and the swelling didn’t go down. So, I had to run along to the doctor, who gave me some antibiotics as my whole eye had been infected by this OLD mascara.

This is when I found out that the 4-5 year old mascara had been the cause of the infection and you MUST throw out any mascara that’s older than 3 months.

I couldn’t believe it — in my 30 years of existence, I’d never heard anything like it. Still not really believing her, I asked my Mum — she knew also.

Why hadn’t she ever told me this? Isn’t that part of her motherly duty? Still not believing them, I decided to google it — yep, it’s true.

They say you should dispose of your mascara after 3 months, because most liquid cosmetics are susceptible to bacterial growth at a much higher rate than other cosmetics.

Within several weeks, a range of bacteria are most likely forming in the tube, so it’s always a good idea to replace your mascara often.

For those of you that didn’t know, tell your Mum she’s let you down in her motherly duties, and you can thank me later.

You can hear Heidi weekday mornings from 6am on 92.9FM with Heidi, Will & Woody at 92.9

910896-af2d5e48-117b-11e4-bbaf-47cb7c4f86b3.jpg

http://www.perthnow.com.au/lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back