Skip to main content

Peter Abbott on Reality Check

Nice to look back and see two of the best, Peter Abbott and Gretel Killeen. Back when Big Brother was Big Brother. First BB was the best, the Housemates didn`t have a clue, nor did we and it was so much more natural. We saw more back then, than we do nowadays, even with all this technology, now. Interesting the bit about blaming it on the editing, for those Housemates who come out looking bad. Always easier to blame something else, not to be responsible for own actions.

There was also an episode of Reality Check a couple of weeks ago (episode 3) when Ryan Fitzgerald was on and he and Marion Farrelly were talking about the Merlin eviction, from a production viewpoint.

Downloaded and watched, thanks @timmydownawell. :)

I have two questions:
  1. Did Peter Abbott's parents call him that because it kind of sounds like "Peter Rabbit" in an Aussie accent?
  2. Does Peter Abbott have Parkinson's? A bit of shaky hand action going on there... :(

Downloaded and watched, thanks @timmydownawell. :)

I have two questions:
  1. Did Peter Abbott's parents call him that because it kind of sounds like "Peter Rabbit" in an Aussie accent?
  2. Does Peter Abbott have Parkinson's? A bit of shaky hand action going on there... :(
Very funny.
answers are no, we don't speak in wwwabbits, that isn't Aussie
and no - there is nothing on his production co about illness
And careful joking about this guy, he is brilliant - did you watch his BB, aww.

But anyway, this show -
I have watched every episode, and it is so depressing seeing that Marion woman first - wank on about people having a conversation is so boring, and people just want fun and light entertainment.
She is trivial - so she expects the rest of the world to want trivial.

And then Cress, the Block man, confirms that the audience is mostly 8 year olds - so they stunt, stunt, stunt and make things as trivial as they possibly can.
Now this is the guy 9 have on a pedestal.

2 trivial people making trivial shit.

And then Peter, OMG he served them, justly...

Peter is a deep thinker, smart guy making smart TV, ABC & SBS probably use his production for their stuff that is for thinking viewers.
ABC/SBS make real RTV, that is about the people, not tricks.
Sleeping with the Enemy is pretty good.
Go Back Where You Came From, has to be some of the best ever RTV.

How great could a real BB type show be, done by SBS

Yeah I think I mentioned last year that my boss's 7 or 8yo daughter loves The Block and Big Brother. That is everything that is wrong with these programmes today.

Yeah I think I mentioned last year that my boss's 7 or 8yo daughter loves The Block and Big Brother. That is everything that is wrong with these programmes today.

Same, teachers I know confirm both are big with primary schoolers, not so much high school - it's kids and tweenies voting, big mistake thinking it's older teens.
And - you can see it in the results, the winners and the 2nd place getters, both 9 series, kid's entertainment.
2 oddball funny guys, 2 pretty girls in fake silly romances - the prince and the princess win.

Why do they pander to those children things? Since when do children generate income (outside of Nike sweatshops)? Surely they don't generate as much voting dollars as an adult would? Aside from Travis, Ryan, Aisha and Skye, they have the perfect lineup for a mature theme this season.

Same, teachers I know confirm both are big with primary schoolers, not so much high school - it's kids and tweenies voting, big mistake thinking it's older teens.
And - you can see it in the results, the winners and the 2nd place getters, both 9 series, kid's entertainment.
2 oddball funny guys, 2 pretty girls in fake silly romances - the prince and the princess win.
Yeah it's definitely primary school kids. You can tell just from the pics and video on the open for inspection days. There are always heaps of kids dressed up to support their favourite team, anywhere from like 4-13. Last year I remember there were two or three 12 year olds who had waited in line the whole night just so they could be near the front when it opened the next day. Obviously I'd prefer my kid watching this to a lot of other stuff but it does make me wonder why I even bother with the show at all anymore since I'm obviously nowhere near their target demo.

Reactions: kxk
Why do they pander to those children things? Since when do children generate income (outside of Nike sweatshops)?
That's what Julian Cress said though, if the kids watch it, they drag their parents in (ratings wise I mean).

Reactions: kxk
Those parents are friggin' stupid to let their little kids watch Big Brother. I reckon the program should be aimed for 13 year olds and older. When you are 15 you can start watching the adult content.

Those parents are friggin' stupid to let their little kids watch Big Brother. I reckon the program should be aimed for 13 year olds and older. When you are 15 you can start watching the adult content.
I tried to edit my post above to clarify I was talking about The Block in case I wasn't clear but yeah I always kind of wtf when I see young kids or even their parents talking about them on the BB Facebook page. People bitching because BB's supposed to be a family show and now it's on so late on school nights. So much fail with all of that.

Yeah I think it was the 'let's do the twist' ads that got the young kids' attention

The format has always appealed to young kids a lot for some reason. Maybe because it's sort of like "high school" sometimes in the house and the kids are interested in that side of the show. They can relate and want to be friends with the housemates. But anyway good parents should monitor what their kids are watching. I think under 15 is too young for kids to have a TV in their room. Big Brother shouldn't be aimed at primary school kids and ruined for the rest of us.

The format has always appealed to young kids a lot for some reason. Maybe because it's sort of like "high school" sometimes in the house and the kids are interested in that side of the show. They can relate and want to be friends with the housemates. But anyway good parents should monitor what their kids are watching. I think under 15 is too young for kids to have a TV in their room. Big Brother shouldn't be aimed at primary school kids and ruined for the rest of us.
Yeah. Wasn't @the Theorist in primary school when it started?

Back