Skip to main content

Is sCat one of the worst housemates ever?

But they're both single, when I was 20 I met my now husband who was 29, we have now been together for 12 and a half years. And I'm still way more mature than my husband, he's still a freakin teenager, I don't think he'll ever grow up- sigh. I don't see the problem with Skye and Leo, in age difference. The issue with them is they are on totally different levels of maturity.

And Skye was casually dating that guy and they had agreed she would go in single. She'd known him for a few weeks, it's definitely not a double standard. Lawson had a SERIOUS relationship of 5 years. Lawson is a tool, I'm indifferent about Skye, and Cat is a manipulative, scheming sociopath.
Skye and Leo are clearly not serious, just something that's happening in the house.

How do you know though? Falling for someone in the house could have been part of her plan.
Despite what we hear and what we see, we will never really know.
We can't assume anything based on the editing of a reality tv show, especially when the words and actions are often conflicting in their nature.

Creating a showmance is a game plan, but you would normally do it with someone who does not have a partner on the outside.

It's like combining Estelle's underdog status (which won her a lot of fans) and Tully's conflicted emotional cheating saga (which garnered a lot of love and hate for her). The most notable characteristics of two polarising past housemates.
I see.
Still... that's almost diabolical. She wins the crowd votes and then what about Lawson?

I'm rewatching one of the earlier episodes and Sam says that he would marry Cat out of all the female housemates. Lol.

Cat won't have a relationship with Lawson after BB. I get the impression she entered the house to get a start on a new phase of her life. As soon as she entered the house, it is as if the outside world became insignificant. She wanted to test herself in this new environment, and made sure she backed off men who had already expressed interest in one of the other girls or those she would have to compete for (i.e. Jake). In a kooky way, Lawson was a safe object because he's only 22, and just not very attractive. Unlikely to ever have had to, or wanted to dissuade an admirer. He's already taken by someone outside who can never intervene, so Cat can practice her newly-single ways on him. No one else in the house was interested in him, so he represents a free run. And if he knocks her back, it's because he already has a girlfriend, nothing to do with Cat herself. I think that was the basis of Cat's attraction to him, and her obsessive personality and need to control this relationship has taken over in unexpected ways.

As for Lawson, I see him absolutely basking in the attention of a smart, very attractive woman who'd never look at him twice on the outside. She's seeing something very special in him, and Lawson really wants to know what that is. He's not in love with her, he's in love with himself. It's only when he's been drinking that he actually seems to want to touch her. If only he knew that Cat's working out her own feelings about herself, and they form the most significant influence on her behaviour, and really have little to do with him at all.

Once she leaves the house, it will be the beginning of the next phase of Cat's life. I think she will be quickly taken up by some guy who thinks gorgeous and slightly unhinged women are hot.

That's it for my amateur psychology time. And standard disclaimer: Lawson's behaviour is worse. And I am only still writing about this because there isn't anything else of much interest going on with BB right now. It's their fault.

:geek: Outstanding post! I agree & think you're bang on

Can everyone in this thread please vote for Marina this week just to get that poisonous human (Cat) out?!

Please and thank you.

Creating a showmance is a game plan, but you would normally do it with someone who does not have a partner on the outside.
Lol goes to show cat got no BB game. I think both of u and I are obsessed with BB.[DOUBLEPOST=1414356893][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can everyone in this thread please vote for Marina this week just to get that poisonous human (Cat) out?!

Please and thank you.
Lol as much as I really want cat to go home.. i also want her to stay just so that it will be entertaining to see someone cry and whine

When Cat leaves the house, they should show her a package on the eviction stage of all the situations where she has said 'No, let's just leave it...' then proceeded to escalate the problem instead of leaving it!

But Estelle got that underdog status by other housemates bullying her or bitching about her. Cat has not been bullied. Tully was evicted on day 50 or something like that so that's hardly a winning strategy.

I never said she was going to attain that status in the same way Estelle did, obviously Cat isn't being bullied by other housemates, she's being pushed to the side because she's isolated herself with Lawson. And Tully was evicted halfway but she still had/has a mass following on social media. That's what got her through evictions while she was in the house. Cat can have those characteristics without being identical to the housemates she's taken them from. It's cherry picking traits from past housemates and tailoring them to herself.

Yeah but Lawson was an easy target, hardly an alfa male, was in a long term relationship that started young, and still immature enough to love female attention. The kind of person that with enough persistence would probably crack.

Regardless of all that, the whole scenario I posted originally was an abstract theory. None of us know Cat's 'game plan' and none of us ever will.

Did Cat think that hooking up with Lawson would advance her plans of winning Big Brother?
If so, it is a flawed strategy.

Back