Skip to main content

I don't get the Nobbi hate...

• Thread starter Liberty&Liberalism
  • Start date
thanks for bringing up what i've been trying to figure out for the last week, LH.

as previously mentioned, i actually know the guy in real life, and he is providing myself and everyone who knows him with so much entertainment because we can contextualise his actions within the framework of his actual personality (rather than choppy, heavily edited personification as on bb). for one thing, nobbi HATES camping- if there was one person who's just not born to camp, it's nob- so it's no wonder to us why he's kicking up a stink (and we are all finding it HILARIOUS).

tonight's show was comedy gold- his hissy fits are just a testament to his complete disregard for "playing to the viewers"- he couldn't give a crap- he's just being himself, something that is providing far more entertainment than the rest of the cardboard crew.

BB's bleeping was such a farce- especially considering he managed to bleep out everything but the F-bomb. teehee!
Yes! Ha! I am loving Nobbi in the house. He does wear his anger and frustration on his sleeve, but I think it is well in control. Unlike Saxon's, whose tendency to violence seems barely restrained.

I hate Nobbi. He is a try hard and all he does is complain and whinge because he lives in the kombi. He is too far up himself and all he cares about is the so called gay 'spa mafia'. He is literally acting like a 5 year old. Be a man... Travis is more manly! LOL. Also his spasm when terri re - entered the house, what was all that about? We missed out the whole of Terris entering because he couldnt handle seeing Terri again. That is probably why he is hated.

I think he seems like a decent enough bloke who got shat on by a fat old bigot and then the producers. Why would he be happy about getting on BB only to be kept in the yard like a dog?
If we collectively had any brains we would get rid of Alice or Bianca for disappearing into the background.

Racism/prejudice plain and simple. Skippy kangaroos can't or won't relate to someone who looks different to themselves. :mad: :p

When did anyone mention disliking him because of his race?

I just think he's a bit of a douche, myself. He acts like a complete tool, and I don't like him at all, but watching him struggle in the van is a laugh and a half.

Uh actually she has, refering to him as an asian knob and continualsy bashes him, saying that because he is asian he has a small penis. and trust me, she goes on and on about this.

I seriosly dont know why BBBA dosent do something about all this sexism.

Mabey theres shananigans going on between BBBA forums and CH

Ummm, I have seen her refer to him as a knob, but not an Asian knob. as for the penis-size, she has made comments about all the guys and hoping there is a lot of small penises in there to laugh at.

I have no problems with C_H and actually quite like seeing her on here. We are all entitled to our opinions and to express them here. If you don't like what she says, ignore her like most of the others who see her the same as you.

At the end of the day, pretty much all the complaints I have seen about Nobbi on here is about him being an arsehole, and the fact that he is Asian has never been mentioned in the complaints.

This is just a reaction from the poll that says Nobbi is the most disliked housemate... Why does he deserve such hate? He hasn't DONE anything, he's been quite entertaining with the combie van and all criticism against him within the house was framed from a fat old bigot who is stuck in a version of the fifties that never existed. The other housemates do not mind him and the ones that do mind, are disliked by us anyway, like Bianca. This Fumanchu predator nonsense is completely made up, not even reinforced by BB's editors and it is no basis to hate him.

I like him - he's funny - good value.

I don't like him.
I find the frequent groping of his appendage vile.
I can compare his whining to that of a 6 year old.
Nobbi runs back and forth from the HMs always whining and bitching.
Actually, I think he's probably one of the biggest bitches there.

I just find him totally unappealing.

I don't like him.
I find the frequent groping of his appendage vile.
I can compare his whining to that of a 6 year old.
Nobbi runs back and forth from the HMs always whining and bitching.
Actually, I think he's probably one of the biggest bitches there.

I just find him totally unappealing.

Tell it like it is girl!

That Nobbie needs a month in the Siberian salt mines!

I don't get the Nobbi love...

Agreeing with pinklime, Nobbi is a foul housemate. The most childish and idiotic one in there!

thanks for bringing up what i've been trying to figure out for the last week, LH.

as previously mentioned, i actually know the guy in real life, and he is providing myself and everyone who knows him with so much entertainment because we can contextualise his actions within the framework of his actual personality (rather than choppy, heavily edited personification as on bb). for one thing, nobbi HATES camping- if there was one person who's just not born to camp, it's nob- so it's no wonder to us why he's kicking up a stink (and we are all finding it HILARIOUS).

tonight's show was comedy gold- his hissy fits are just a testament to his complete disregard for "playing to the viewers"- he couldn't give a crap- he's just being himself, something that is providing far more entertainment than the rest of the cardboard crew.

BB's bleeping was such a farce- especially considering he managed to bleep out everything but the F-bomb. teehee!

I'm glad you understand him, must say a majority do not seem to. He may not like camping but I guess he did not see bb01 -07 and that some type of camping was involved. Does no one in the house get it, they are put in there to be manipulated, if he doesn't want to 'play to the viewers' as his friend will you till him when he is evicted we don't want to hear his complaints of his early eviction either. If your in the game play it if not the door is there - walk baby walk.

The housemates need lysol to spray on everything Nobbi touches.

The guy actually is acting quite violent.

What's wrong with kicking the sh*t out of an inanimate object ? For all his talk, he doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who would actually physically assault another person (inside the house or out). Can totally understand his reaction to Terrie's re-entry. Here's the bitter old prune who's consigned him to having a crap BB experience (stuck out in the van), BB told them all there would be no 'twists' and once an eviction happened that was final, then suddenly the craggy old bint is back in the house.

I don't understand the Nobbie-hate either, really. What the hell is wrong with being a bit 'touchy feelie' ? Not all Anglos can handle it unfortunately, but in European cultures 'touchy feely' is the norm. Admittedly it's a bit weird that Nobbie is the 'touchy-feely' one (since Asian cultures tend to be even less comfortable with casual friendly physical contact than Anglos), but then asides from the obvious we don't really know his background (e.g. he might have one Asian parent, one Euro, he might be adopted, he might have grown up in Europe for some time, etc etc).

Back