Skip to main content

I’m a Celebrity 2023 : Episode 1

…What kind of Celebrity will be in this season?…

• 1)… A grade…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2)… B grade…

• 6)… they will be so crappy that I’m not bothering to watch…

• 7)… I’ve never watched this crap show…

• Total voters
…what gets me… Peter walked around with a big ted t-shirt with ‘Peter’ emblazoned on the back so how the hell could they possibly not ‘know his name’?… it’s just… stupid!… cheers.

…Kerrie Anne was really pretty before all of her face work… now she doesn’t look as natural as she used to be… she never needed to make herself more beautiful… she was so pretty before in my opinion… cheers.

Well I haven’t ever heard of 6 out of 13 this season, which I think would be a record, but overall the cast doesn’t Seem too bad on first impressions.

…well… thanks everyone for posting tonight… it almost felt like ‘the good ol days’ again… I’ll do episode 2 tomorrow night because of tonight’s surprising amount of posters… (feel free if you want to start it)… some parts of tonight’s show were good ( mostly of Dicko’s comments for me )… I hope that Dicko actually wins this to be totally honest… so I hope to see you all again tomorrow night… if not… I understand lol!… nite all… sleep tight… pleasant dreams… cheers.

It will be entertaining enough, but they've scraped the very bottom of the barrel with their definition of 'celebrity', even compared to usual (ie. no singers).

I really enjoyed that, quite snappy for a first episode of IAC. They seem like a pretty amiable bunch. I love Dicko! I'm so glad he's in there. I even like the footballer for once! Kerry-anne is going to be interesting... It's one of the best casts in a while, I think.

…that Pommy ‘pretty boy’ just said the words ‘I’m a celebrity get me outta here’… hmmmmmm!… they flew him all the way from England to be on the show for 10 minutes?… haha!… sucked in!… cheers.
I love how they keep changing the goalposts.
That's supposed to mean he's quit - time to go home.
Instead they pander to him and make the challenge easier.

I thought in that context it has always meant, I can't and won't do this particular challenge.
Yeah, they've always said in introducing a challenge:
Remember that you can always say the words "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here" and we will stop the trial.
Usually, they can keep any stars earned up to that point in the challenge. Also in the case of multiple celebrities in a trial participating separately (such as those high-rise challenges), saying the words usually only applies to that celebrity. Even if Nathan participated first and said the words, then the other celebrities would still be given the opportunity to do the trial as stated. I imagine the producers only negotiated terms because he was the last to attempt the challenge and they wanted him to experience the helicopter ride but didn't want to make it look like they just gave him the win.

Leaving is usually arranged offscreen, from memory.
Yeah anytime they've had someone leaving camp they've spoken in the Tok Tokkie first, with the show (usually Alex M) making sure the contestant is making the right decision. Them saying the words in camp is usually just for the cameras so that we know it's official (even if in some cases we have seen some behind-the-scenes footage leading up to it)

It's a shame.
It would be nice to cull the dead wood who will freak out at every challenge.
Or is that what the audience find entertaining?

It's a shame.
It would be nice to cull the dead wood who will freak out at every challenge.
Or is that what the audience find entertaining?
I don’t know about Australia but in the UK series the viewers love to pick on people who they know will freak out at trials. Katie Price actually walked on her second series because she had done so many back to back trials and the public weren’t letting up.

Back