Skip to main content

How much do the housemates get paid?

question speaks for itself, justynn was replying to a tweet and said that "everyone gets paid", would make sense since all the ex housemates have just been out having a good time partying yet haven't worked for the past couple of months...

They get paid a weekly salary because many of them rent a unit or house. BB pays for that and for being in the BB house.
Its always been that way.

I can't remember much to be honest except that we were not allowed to divulge anything about the process etc and that everything is at big brothers discretion pretty much.. I can't remember what year it was but it was the starburst golden key year (yes I won a key) the contract was pages and pages long.. I think it was 3 years before we were allowed to discuss anything without permission.. Sorry it was awhile ago now lol

No that's completely fine, thanks for your insight. I think that was 2007 with the keys? That's pretty cool that you won a key!

They get paid a weekly salary because many of them rent a unit or house. BB pays for that and for being in the BB house.
Its always been that way.

Sucks if they've got a mortgage...$500 per week wouldn't begin to cover my costs of being in the BB house.

Depends how much you earn on the outside...for unemployed people (Ben) and students it's pretty good cos they probably aren't earning much more than that anyway. Plus they don't have expenses like food and entertainment.

They get paid weekly for being on Holiday ? I want MORE Entertainment then.

Exactly! lol

That's why I don't like those that go in and treat it like a relaxing holiday, they're being paid to entertain us not sit around and sunbathe

Hey AND they used to get prizes too way back in the day that got better the longer they lasted. In fact Im sure they got cars one year....

Hey AND they used to get prizes too way back in the day that got better the longer they lasted. In fact Im sure they got cars one year....

Yeah they did but as viewers dropped and sponsors pulled out they couldn't keep it up

Back