Skip to main content

HM Jake is Tim's roommate

If I went on BB, and I knew some mates who would be good for it -- I'd certainly do whatever I could to get them in.

as long as these guys are actually good HMs -- I don't care HOW they got there.

Same here. I mean it is slightly annoying and possibly detracts from the original integrity and premise of the show, but I view it in the same vain as starnow profiles - it's fine if they can back it up by being entertaining. I'd prefer entertaining wannabes and ex-HMs friends over boring everyday people to be honest, but I guess the issue (for me) is you don't have to be one or the other. It is possible to be an everyday person with no experience or connections and still make for good TV.

I watch BB to see a whole new diverse group of new people... Not to watch last years housemates "Mates" that are in this year! They say we quite like the people we hang out with.....

And all the boasting is a little embarrassing if you ask me (Talk about trying to extend your BB experience) ...... I want to see completely different people! I don't want to hear about anything of the past housemates this year! They had their year last year!

I think we've stumbled upon a natural phenomenon where the most entertaining people seemingly gravitate towards one another. Perhaps due to the overwhelming mass of their ego? Will have to investigate further.

Thinking about it a bit more, I am kind of interested in seeing how the other HMs react when they find out, assuming they will. Obviously being the previous winner's roommate could be perceived as a hell of an advantage in terms of the public vote.

I think we've stumbled upon a natural phenomenon where the most entertaining people seemingly gravitate towards one another. Perhaps due to the overwhelming mass of their ego? Will have to investigate further.

I hope the weight of that overwhelming mass doesn't cause a black hole. 16 housemates confined to a small space + Alex's ego will tip it over the edge and Dreamworld might be ground zero for a rip in spacetime.

I hope the weight of that overwhelming mass doesn't cause a black hole. 16 housemates confined to a small space + Alex's ego will tip it over the edge and Dreamworld might be ground zero for a rip in spacetime.

Wait! Let me put the BBUS HGs in there first! No one will miss them!

I've known Jake for about 6 years, he auditioned the regular way and no one was in anyone's ear about putting him in. Alex would actively avoid having people with connections in the house.

My biggest issue with this is having someone with Tim's popularity backing him. If you assume that Jade and Tully are both talking about the same person, that's a hell of a lot of high profile support for someone before the shows even started.

Edit: high profile in a big brother sense.

Not really an even playing field

Last edited:
My biggest issue with this is having someone with Tim's popularity backing him. If you assume that Jade and Tully are both talking about the same person, that's a hell of a lot of high profile support for someone before the shows even started.

Let's not forget when Fitzy had an entire support team behind him, raising money to spend on votes to keep him within the house.

Yeah this is very true.

Tim would have the followers and support base through social media which won him BB where he can direct and tell people to vote for Jake.

Let's not forget when Fitzy had an entire support team behind him, raising money to spend on votes to keep him within the house.

Most house mates seem to have some form of 'support team' like that. Be it just friends and family or whatever. Idk I just find it a bit unfair having the roomie of a very popular winner, who could also be good friends with other former HMs who will rally support for him.

Of course this may have a negative effect on Jake. People may see it being handed to him due to connections and rally against him without him getting a real chance.

Let's just say I'd have a really sour taste in my mouth if we see them all rallying their twitter followers to vote for him, and he ends up winning the show.

Of course this may have a negative effect on Jake. People may see it being handed to him due to connections and rally against him without him getting a real chance.

Let's just say I'd have a really sour taste in my mouth if we see them all rallying their twitter followers to vote for him, and he ends up winning the show.

Yeah but the people who come on here are not the typical voters for BB. We're more informed, aware and observant. Most won't know or care.

Most are just a dumb mass who don't pay much attention. Hence how psychopath bullies can win. They will respond to a casual view of the show. So the impact of Tim saying on twitter how funny Jake is, or even just saying, 'vote for Jake' will cut through quite a lot.

This is actually disgusting! Instead of campaigning to have BB moved back to C10... We need to campaign to have Alex shipped back to the UK! Hopefully he'll take that other pommy prick Abbott with him!

So with a more controlled and censored BB with (most) housemates having connections to the production team and ex-housemates the show is starting to turn into a quasi-"Keeping up with the Kardashians"

Back