Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people who have done it for 20 years, I get you can do less shifts etc per fortnight etc, but the impact, I can't do them anymore!
Nah me neither, I used to do permanent night shifts 20 years ago but now --- I cant even stay up socially past 3 or 4 am :notworthy: :arghh: :wink:

I know people who have done it for 20 years, I get you can do less shifts etc per fortnight etc, but the impact, I can't do them anymore!
I've been a shift worker doing all sorts of shifts for about thirty years and I love it. I could never go back to Monday -Friday and the same shift all the time. I can swap from one to the other fairly quickly and nights are no exception but I find the recovery rate from them is slower now but at other times it isn't. The trick is getting your head into the sleep routine which I have got down to a fine art now. Once that's sorted the rest just follows smoothly.

Yes, you're right, it is.

Ok so no one judge me for my sleep patterns then.

View attachment 47133

I'm thinking going to bed at 1:25am is not helping the problem, but either way this is very bad.
Does this just mean restless sleep. Or do you feel like you have only slept 55min.

I know I am fairly restless, like in the morning pillows and blankets kicked onto the floor etc. but I don't wake up

Does this just mean restless sleep. Or do you feel like you have only slept 55min.

I know I am fairly restless, like in the morning pillows and blankets kicked onto the floor etc. but I don't wake up

Well allegedly the blue parts show when I was actually asleep. I am a very restless sleeper, similar to you with the bedding, and I guess this suggests that I am waking up constantly but not remembering.

I wasn't sure how accurate this was, but in the rare occasions where I have a good nights sleep it does show it in the fitbit. I think seeing mutley's has made me realise how bad it really is![DOUBLEPOST=1417219043][/DOUBLEPOST]
How are you alive?

Like seriously don't humans need sleep?

You know, I don't even feel sleep deprived. Maybe it's just normal for me now?

I have questioned if I am part vampires or something before. Like, seriously.

Fear of missing out.
Thanks doll!! I think I drove @MADONNA mad this year asking him to explain different slang to me! Hahahaha!!!

yeah I'm with you on the Fitbit thing. I *may* be getting one for Christmas from CaspersDad. But time will tell.

And I am a little afraid that I will use it for a week and then not give it another thought. Historically this is usually the case. :shamefully:

Thanks doll!! I think I drove @MADONNA mad this year asking him to explain different slang to me! Hahahaha!!!

yeah I'm with you on the Fitbit thing. I *may* be getting one for Christmas from CaspersDad. But time will tell.

And I am a little afraid that I will use it for a week and then not give it another thought. Historically this is usually the case. :shamefully:
Lol! yes.

The sleep thing looks cool though. I tried a phone app for a bit but I dint like sleeping with the phone under my pillow plugged in.

I've been a shift worker doing all sorts of shifts for about thirty years and I love it. I could never go back to Monday -Friday and the same shift all the time. I can swap from one to the other fairly quickly and nights are no exception but I find the recovery rate from them is slower now but at other times it isn't. The trick is getting your head into the sleep routine which I have got down to a fine art now. Once that's sorted the rest just follows smoothly.

I can't sleep in daylight anymore, once the sun is up, I am up, once the sun is down, well Im ok, but I can't recover from night shifts anymore cos I cannot sleep same with the night before, Im wrecked by the end!

Nah me neither, I used to do permanent night shifts 20 years ago but now --- I cant even stay up socially past 3 or 4 am :notworthy: :arghh: :wink:

Same! Well not 20 years ago, but a lot of my jobs I was doing (factory, nursing, hospitality) so much night shift, but now I have been out of it for awhile, I just can't anymore!

I'm feeling massive FOMO over this Fitbit thing.
tumblr_inline_nbhvq9ENHL1rbt4gq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back