Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I'm hoping that with the bigger budget they have had with the last
2 series of Dr. Who that we can see more of the TARDIS.

I'd love to have some kind of wide shot showing all of the TARDIS as it's
supposed to look inside the outer shell. But with the doors opening right
onto the outside with no "inner room" like the old version I doubt we will
have such a chance..

But one can live in hope.

Yes i'd like to see further into the Tardis like they did on the old episodes, i mean not all the time but maybe just a glimpse of what it is like....i think we breifly saw the room with clothes in the xmas ep when the Dr was choosing his new clothes.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Who has seen episode 11 'Utopia' of the current DW?????
I don't want to even use the spoiler b/c this one is a killer!
Blink was still a top fave but where that episode had the scare factor, this episode has the excitement/WTF factor...
OK I have to spoil..
Not only is Jack back (which everyone already knows about) and more like his original flamboyant self compared to TW but someone else comes on the scene...
THE MASTER IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HE STOLE THE TARDIS LEAVING THE DOCTOR ABOUT A TRILLION TRILION YEARS IN THE FUTURE AT THE END OF UNIVERSE!!!!! I'm dying for next episode.....

Oh i had to look yeah yeah yeah :) cannot wait for mine to download :)

No i never saw that i always wondered what it was like will have to look out for it :)

If you've got kids, make 'em watch it with you.

Whereas Doctor Who is for pretty much all audiences and Torchwood is for adults, the Sarah-Jane Adventures is aimed at the younger audience. It was very kiddy but also pretty enjoyable, plus it's Sarah Jane.

If you've got kids, make 'em watch it with you.

Whereas Doctor Who is for pretty much all audiences and Torchwood is for adults, the Sarah-Jane Adventures is aimed at the younger audience. It was very kiddy but also pretty enjoyable, plus it's Sarah Jane.

Don't have kids but i'd watch it anyway :) gotta love Sarah Jane lol

Oh i had to look yeah yeah yeah :) cannot wait for mine to download :)

hahaha Knew you would ;)

BTW - As per
the Face of Boe's message in Gridlock "You Are Not Alone"
there is more behind the statement than just the idea that The Doctor is possibility
not the last time lord
There is more of a hidden meaning in the actual statement from
the Face of Boe
- I'll give you a tip and see if it makes enough sense for you for when you watch Utopia.

Think of
the Face of Boe's last words "You Are Not Alone" as like an acrostic poem (so to speak)
and see if you can figure out how that comes into play in epsiode 11.

I guarantee you will not be disappointed - only hanging out for the next ep :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i'd like to see further into the Tardis like they did on the old episodes, i mean not all the time but maybe just a glimpse of what it is like....i think we breifly saw the room with clothes in the xmas ep when the Dr was choosing his new clothes.

Not being exact as it's a while back but I recall the Doc telling Rose
that to get to the wardrobe you go down the corridor, up a flight of stairs
down a flight of stairs past the bins by the alley(why does the TARDIS have
bins and an alley inside it) and finally you get to the wardrobe

I've always assumed the TRADIS could morph and change - like a living entity which adjusts to its needs. As you walk down a "corridor", doorways appear as per your immediate wishes. Need clothes? Great, here's a doorway! Thus it is a multidimensional craft. It has no determinable volume in 3D space.

That's my idea anyway!

Captain Jack is the son of......

Hey Guys, I know you are overjoyed about Doctor Who but... and this is big but... this is supposed to be a spoiler free thread. So far I have read a number of things about the new series that that should go into a "Doctor Who - Spoilers in Time and Space" thread. :rolleyes:

Hey Guys, I know you are overjoyed about Doctor Who but... and this is big but... this is supposed to be a spoiler free thread. So far I have read a number of things about the new series that that should go into a "Doctor Who - Spoilers in Time and Space" thread. :rolleyes:

Sanchez started both threads (TW & DW) and advised:
Spoiler free: We have the special spoiler tags at this site, don't forget!

Spoiler Free means that if you have a spoiler you use the
tag and then if anyone wants to read it they can.

The Doctor Who thread is basically the same as the Torchwood thread - it's spoiler free also. As long as you use the
tag then it's OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
E X T E R M I N A T E ! ! !

Spoiler Free means that if you have a spoiler you use the
tag and then if anyone wants to read it they can.
There are elements of the new series that are being discussed or hinted at which are not hidden by spoiler tags eg Face of Boe. This is unfair to newbies who stumble on to this thread innocently thinking it is titled as spoiler free.

There are elements of the new series that are being discussed or hinted at which are not hidden by spoiler tags eg Face of Boe. This is unfair to newbies who stumble on to this thread innocently thinking it is titled as spoiler free.

Edited post. Happy? :)

Why don't you simply create a separate thread with a spoiler alert on the title. Then you can discuss all you want about series 3.

Because there is no need to create a spoiler free and a spoiler alert thread. There's no logic to it. Thus the reason why this forum has the spoiler tag. To allow spoilers within the threads and not actually spoil the storyline for those that don't want it spoiled. It also prevents the creation of additional threads for no real reason.

There is currently a DW and a TW thread created. Why create another one?

If newbies don't want to know the spoiler, then they don't have to highlight over the text. Sanchez advised to use the spoiler tag if mentioning upcoming events, as many people are watching the shows at various stages. Some online, some FTA TV.

OK, you seem to have attempted to sort this out amongst yourself.

As requested, please keep this thread spoiler free and therefore, keep spoilers to a minimum - using the spoiler tags for any discussion related to them.

If you want a place where you can discuss spoilers openly and in more detail, there is no problem in opening another thread. (other shows like Lost seem to have two threads)

Last edited:
Because there is no need to create a spoiler free and a spoiler alert thread. There's no logic to it. Thus the reason why this forum has the spoiler tag. To allow spoilers within the threads and not actually spoil the storyline for those that don't want it spoiled. It also prevents the creation of additional threads for no real reason.

There is currently a DW and a TW thread created. Why create another one?

If newbies don't want to know the spoiler, then they don't have to highlight over the text. Sanchez advised to use the spoiler tag if mentioning upcoming events, as many people are watching the shows at various stages. Some online, some FTA TV.

Oh we use spoilers...it would be too confusing jumping from thread to the other then add the TW thread i really don't want to have to toggle between 3 threads to chat about the shows....too many threads to keep up with I'm blonde it will confuse me lol :p

OK, you seem to have attempted to sort this out amongst yourself.

As requested, please keep this thread spoiler free and therefore, keep spoilers to a minimum - using the spoiler tags for any discussion related to them.

If you want a place where you can discuss spoilers openly and in more detail, there is no problem in opening another thread. (other shows like Lost seem to have two threads)

Brekkie you really think we girls are really evil do you? lol

I've always assumed the TRADIS could morph and change - like a living entity which adjusts to its needs.

Newer model Tardis' ARE living entities. Rather than being built like the old Type 40's (though they are giving a consciousness of sorts, but nothing like the newer models), the newer ones are grown and can take on human forms and are 100% sentient.

(Novel spoiler)
Following the destruction of Gallifrey in the novels, the Doctor is stranded on Earth while his new Tardis "grows".

I've often wondered whether the Tardis he has now is the old Type 40 he's had from the beginning and he's repaired her or if it's a new one.

Hey funni!!! Fly out tomorrow! :( No more FNL chats anymore b/c once I get back to Florida it'll be 5:30am my time and there aint no way I'm getting outta bed to stream it online and have a chat hahaha

Oh we use spoilers...it would be too confusing jumping from thread to the other then add the TW thread i really don't want to have to toggle between 3 threads to chat about the shows....too many threads to keep up with I'm blonde it will confuse me lol :p

Actually, it would be 4 threads- a DW and TW spoiler free along with a DW and TW spoiler alert.
And yes I totally agree. As I previously posted, there's no logic in having more than 2 threads really. If someone wants to start one though good on them, but in reality, these two threads are already established and I will stick to them anyway :)
The spoiler tags are there for a reason and if you don't want to read them, no one is making you do so.

Still waiting on seeing Utopia?

Back