Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Interesting article on asssisted dying in the Netherlands.

Pleiter further mentions the case of a 60-year-old man with a compulsive personality disorder, which compelled him to spend hours every morning cleaning a cupboard, and then regularly self-harm with a razor, before he finally asked the clinic to end his life-long hell.

“Unbearable suffering without prospect of improvement. That is all [the law] says,” Pleiter argues. “It does not say you need to be suffering from cancer, need to be in a terminal state.”

"Unbearable suffering" seems a rather subjective term. Any suffering that doesn't kill you is, in a certain sense, bearable. You'd just rather not bear it.

I'm in favour BTW.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...etherlands-sees-rise-in-demand-for-euthanasia

Queensland home of the redheaded BITCH, KILLED.................none nation, ha, ha, ha

Had a odd door-knocker experience, political, weirdo...

Says she is starting a party called......voter rights, she tried to get me to sign up, says she has 300 voters signed.
Vague crap she spouted.....thanks but no thanks from me, and i will look you up.

So, she is a reject from WA, was aligned with Clive Palmer who dumped her....
Says she wants to change our legal system......this is why....

Ms van Lieshout is facing four charges, including two counts of breaching bail, one count of stealing and one count of wilful and unlawful damage.
She failed to appear.........

And ran away to Melbourne, crazy right wing nut job........take care with door knockers

we can't let right wing ways take over australia, isee. we just can't. it would be an awful thing if one nation were to get seating in queensland simply awful. right wing extremism is bad and it simply must be stopped. it just has to be stopped, isee.
How does all that thinking fit with your previous Trump support?

It would be great and funny if One Nation win in your electorate. :hilarious:

Liberals won. I live in a pretty conservative area. The whole of the Gold Coast is pretty conservative. We are not all nightclub going, past schoolies participating, expensive bar drinking degenerates.

I think they should ban nightclubs.

i like the premier of qld. as for federal. i'd support politicans who push for support in regards to autism.

Back