Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

he did though. he was ruining Australia. john kerr did the right thing. i don't understand labor and their worship of gough. Hawke was a much better pm.

You mean Keating? The real PM.

You don't know anything, and you were not here.

You probably would not be here if not for Gough and medicare, legal aid, your benefit, your education, anti discrimination.
Is your Mum single? Her benefits. Family Law.
You probably would have been aborted with no income.
Oh and you would have been in the army compulsory.

The Australia we enjoy was created by Gough and his social reforms, and Keating and his financial reforms.

You really need an education, and study politics, you say such dumb stuff
Is that what puts dates off?

keating was such an arrogant pm though. he could never connect to the people of australia. not like bob hawke. and i don't need to live through something to know that whitlam was overrated.

and my dates are put off by my ten page Tina Arena/The Princess Bride quiz book that I take with me. they say it's because it is hard to put their coffee down on the table. but i just think they aren't prepared to admit they don't know their Strong as Steels from their Fezziks.

we need a Bernie Sanders type figure in Australian politics in Labor. someone to inspire the youth and kick out Malcom Turnball and his caviar eating, monocle wearing, poor kicking government.

Just out of interest who would you want winning these seats unstead? I know you are not a turnbull fan for the coalition or a fan of the left to go green.

Labor. The coalition don't care about humans, and the greens, even though i lean strongly left, are too useless in politics in Australia.

Labor. The coalition don't care about humans, and the greens, even though i lean strongly left, are too useless in politics in Australia.
Ah sorry I read that wrong - before morning coffee I thought you said you didn't want Labor either! I was wondering who was left to vote for. That makes sense! My bad.

Ah sorry I read that wrong - before morning coffee I thought you said you didn't want Labor either! I was wondering who was left to vote for. That makes sense! My bad.

On a quick glance it can also look like "I hope One Nation wins" too, yikes.

we can't let right wing ways take over australia, isee. we just can't. it would be an awful thing if one nation were to get seating in queensland simply awful. right wing extremism is bad and it simply must be stopped. it just has to be stopped, isee.

On a quick glance it can also look like "I hope One Nation wins" too, yikes.

it would horrify me to even think of voting of a right wing extremist party like one nation. simply horrify me. it would disgust me, simply and utterly disgust me to even think of voting for such right wing extremism.

What do Victorians here think of the euthanasia vote that have recently passed the Victorian lower house and are about to be voted in the Victorian upper house? Do you agree or disagree with it?

Reactions: kxk
This......................disgusting, and they should be charged

Sam Dastyari abused by rightwing group in Melbourne bar
Labor senator condemns ‘sickening face of white nationalists’ after racist abuse in Victoria University bar

564.jpg

“I worry about all the people out there that have to put up with all this kind of abuse who don’t have the structures that someone like I’m lucky enough to have.”

In a Q&A session at the pub with fellow Labor MP Tim Watts, Dastyari said he was regularly subjected to similar incidents because he was a Muslim.

“All of this is the rise of the radical right in this country, it is the rise of One Nation right,” Dastyari said. “These are people who feel incredibly empowered because of what Pauline Hanson has done for them.

“You dance so far to the right that it gives those a little bit further out a sense of entitlement.”

Responding to the incident, Hanson offered no criticism of the group behind the abuse. She instead blamed Dastyari who she said was “a waste of space” and called him “a little Mr Bean” and “a smartarse”.
Sam Dastyari

✔@samdastyari

Tonight will always be the night that we got harassed by cowardly white nationalists & @TimWattsMP yelled “what race is dickead” #strayamate

9:52 PM - Nov 8, 2017

Back