Skip to main content

Celebrity 'Big Brother' UK - Summer 2014

I'm just watching the launch show now.

Serious questions, is it healthy for Gary to be in that kind of situation. Seriously? Is he mentally capable of dealing with the Big Brother steaming pot?!? I'm a little concerned. Will certainly make for interesting viewing I guess.

Maybe he's the most capable? Usually it's the people who feel they're grounded and sane are the ones to break down the quickest and hardest. It'll be interesting to watch that's for sure. If it gets to much for him he'll probably just walk.

Is it just me or does Gary Busey seem a bit hard of hearing or maybe he just cannot understand the British accents

...I'm doing catch-up with this... I managed to see the first half of the opening show yesterday and have just watched the second half and the BOTS show that was on afterwards...

...I'm pretty sure that Gary Busey is partially deaf rather than can't understand the British accent... even when the American girls spoke to him he was unable to understand what they said anyway... to me he seemed to be way away in la-lah-land... maybe he's on medication and hasn't taken them?...

...so far I'm only liking Dee/ Kellie / Leslie and Gary... the rest are just nothingness fluff to me so far... (hmmmmm... perhaps I'm being too judgemental?... nah!... no I'm not lol!)...

...on the BBBOTS show after the launch I enjoyed seeing Julian Clary and Luisa but that was about it!... seeing Helen again wallowing in the moment made my stomach churn over... saying... "just be yourself"... seriously?... ** don't speak about her any further Sticky... just don't! **... is Emma's voice sounding more and more 'screechy' lately or is it just me?...

...that 'Frenchy' woman... it is a woman isn't it?... (it is a serious question by the way)... the 'Duchess' task has the potential to be a tad bit entertaining for a short while but it won't be maintained for long methinks!...

...I think that I will watch this out of pure curiosity from here onwards... if for no other reason just to see what happens with Gary Busey!... lol!... now to watch today's shows... cheers.

RobinHoodMeninTights_Poster.jpg

...by the way Longbow... I love your Avatar... the movie was so funny... (you can't lose with a Mel Brooks movie can you really?... lol!)... cheers.

I must say Kellie is incredibly brave. But let's face it, she desperately needs some help from a stylist. Hopefully she will get a nice makeover in the house.

...who are the people in the audience at the back?... they're always the same group of about 10-15 people that are rotated in a sort of cycle with a few newbies thrown in every now and then... how is it that they always seem to get on the show to comment?... some of them are actually starting to think that they are some sort of celebrity in their own right I'm beginning to think!...

...I liked it when Judy James mentioned in her tour of the celebrity house that when she was talking about the colour scheme... she said that with the soothing colour of turquoise ... "we might get slightly more ladylike behaviour this time!"... funny as!...

...watching Kellie and Dee bonding with each other was good to watch for me... Leslie reminds me of a lovable little munchkin with a massive ball of comedic energy... his fascination and fawning over the 'Dutchess' is hilarious to watch!...

...after watching today's show I'm pretty sure that Gary is partially deaf to be honest... I'm liking Gary a lot so far... even though he believes that Dee really is a 'Dutchess' and is supposed to be actual Royalty... he still calls her 'darling / honey or something similar... it would be so funny to see him actually meet the Queen herself... imagine it...

...the Queen walks up to him in the line-up and is told... "Ma'm... this is the Hollywood actor... Gary Busey"...

...Gary responds... "how ya doing darling!"...

... I would literally die laughing!... the comments that he said in his CV before going into the house were...

..."I am Gary Busey... and I am a brain surgeon!...
...the most important thing for me is... the ability to breath!...
...the most controversial thing that I have ever done is nothing!...
...the beautiful thing about a circle is... it's only one line but that one line is perfect!"...

...aw man!... I'm so loving Gary at the moment!... he's going to be so much fun!... Gary didn't even realise that Kellie was a guy!... the looks on his face when he found out?... here they are...

2014-08-20_21-27-06.jpg 2014-08-20_21-27-50.jpg 2014-08-20_21-28-29.jpg 2014-08-20_21-30-01.jpg

...another good quote from him was when he said in the kitchen when he first walked into the house...

..."do you know what 'team' means?... T... e... a... m... together everyone achieves more!"... ha!... brilliant!... do you know what?... even after seeing him for only just two shows so far?... underneath the inability to string sentences eloquently... he seems to have a great inner strength in mind and soul and quite an intelligent mind from my observations so far...

...I think that the musclemen and bimbos will be voted out quick-smart by the public ... (if BBUK don't change the rules every 5 minutes like this last series)... early polls and public opinion seems to indicate that everyone wants Leslie to win and be the first American to take it out... wouldn't that be good to see?... I think that it would be great!... as I said before... I'm hoping that either Dee/ Kellie / Leslie or Gary... take the prize out... cheers.

...the Queen walks up to him in the line-up and is told... "Ma'm... this is the Hollywood actor... Gary Busey"...

...Gary responds... "how ya doing darling!"...

Yeah his reaction to the Duchess was pretty funny. No idea of protocol, but having said that everyone was two cheek kissing when meeting her... not sure how deep protocol runs when you are 21st in line.

Just on the above subject, many years ago the Queen visited my city in NZ. I was about 16 or 17, and was like five deep in the crowd and yelled "Hi Queen!". And she cracked a smile, I swear it. I got pics of her and the Duke, although his turned out better.

Anyway that's my story. As you were.

I am loving the strange mix of characters so far! Gary is utterly hilarious. His entrance to the house when he got everyones names wrong was to good to be true.

"I'm Audley".
"Orgy?"

"I'm Edele".
"Egel?"

"We know each other, nice to see you again".
"What's your name?"

"I think you're friends with my brother?"
"No."

Hahahaha I burst out laughing.

Gary walked in, whistled, and just took charge. Wonder how all those other alpha males will take it.

I am leaning in favour of George at the moment.

I've just caught up on both days. Lucky it has been so much fun because that was 5 long hours.

I thought I'd hate Gary, but he's been fun, and same goes for Frenchie. The emerging friendship between Kellie and Dee is adorable. I thought Claire would be a snob, but so far so good, and she's been excellent at convincing the foreigners about 'Deidre'. Leslie is fun too.

How awkward was Audley's first convo with Kelly after knowing Frank for so long. Audley was a bit of a clutz, but to be fair, it took him by surprise and he was trying to say the right things. Like when he went to shake Kellie's hand and then gave her a hug instead. A confronting situation for them both.

And for all my complaining about the UK crowds and their booing, sometimes they really come through, giving Kellie the support she needed for her first public event. She seemed really overwhelmed. The rumour is she is being paid £400,000, which if true would be a huge incentive to go into the house, because what an intense first time in the public, staying in a house with 24/7 filming and with no relief.

Although the celebs have different standards/rules than the regular show. While BB doesn't advertise it, they are allowed to leave the house if they have a reason. In a recent season one of them was allowed to leave to get their passport renewed, and when Rylan was in the house he would go to rehearsals for the X Factor live show every Sunday.

Serious questions, is it healthy for Gary to be in that kind of situation. Seriously? Is he mentally capable of dealing with the Big Brother steaming pot?!? I'm a little concerned. Will certainly make for interesting viewing I guess.

Channel 5 apparently have previously accepted people into CBB who failed Channel 4's psych tests. Risky. But part of me thinks that just because someone doesn't behave in a regular way doesn't necessarily mean they won't cope. Time will tell with Gary. After all, I initially thought that about Helen and a she won the bloody thing, lol.

...who are the people in the audience at the back?... they're always the same group of about 10-15 people that are rotated in a sort of cycle with a few newbies thrown in every now and then... how is it that they always seem to get on the show to comment?... some of them are actually starting to think that they are some sort of celebrity in their own right I'm beginning to think!...

They have to audition to be part of the on-TV audience. So I assume at least some of them are wannabe actors.

...I'm doing catch-up with this... I managed to see the first half of the opening show yesterday and have just watched the second half and the BOTS show that was on afterwards...

...I'm pretty sure that Gary Busey is partially deaf rather than can't understand the British accent... even when the American girls spoke to him he was unable to understand what they said anyway... to me he seemed to be way away in la-lah-land... maybe he's on medication and hasn't taken them?...

...so far I'm only liking Dee/ Kellie / Leslie and Gary... the rest are just nothingness fluff to me so far... (hmmmmm... perhaps I'm being too judgemental?... nah!... no I'm not lol!)...

...on the BBBOTS show after the launch I enjoyed seeing Julian Clary and Luisa but that was about it!... seeing Helen again wallowing in the moment made my stomach churn over... saying... "just be yourself"... seriously?... ** don't speak about her any further Sticky... just don't! **... is Emma's voice sounding more and more 'screechy' lately or is it just me?...

...that 'Frenchy' woman... it is a woman isn't it?... (it is a serious question by the way)... the 'Duchess' task has the potential to be a tad bit entertaining for a short while but it won't be maintained for long methinks!...

...I think that I will watch this out of pure curiosity from here onwards... if for no other reason just to see what happens with Gary Busey!... lol!... now to watch today's shows... cheers.

Gary Busey is hard of hearing when he was on the platform with Emma you can see he is wearing a hearing aid.I like Claire King too,used to watch her on Bad girls.Helen....gag,gag,gag

No.

C5 have bad form for this, putting in people who have failed multiple psych tests when it was at C4 (i.e. Kerry Katona, Lauren Harries). One of the psychologists quit over the issue.

How can you date someone for 2 years and not remember? I love it!

Back