Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother 2013 - series discussion

ARGH! I'm really hating this now. All this Speidi crap. I can't stand them but everything's being designed to not only keep them in but make them the absolute centre of attention. I had to skip most of Thursday's show and and almost all of Friday's eviction show. And now we're stuck with them until Wednesday? I might give the next few days a miss.

Speidi are ruining it, the show and the other housemates are far to focused on them and they are just not that interesting

“I’m not really comfortable to be around Ryan, especially after he electrocuted my wife.”
:D

Last edited:
I hate now how Big Brother assigns roles in a task with Frankie and Rylan being hand picked to take central roles in the Dictatorship task, rather than finding themselves in the role by answering a random call to the diary room or some other more random method which leaves thing to fate rather than producer interference.

I hate now how Big Brother assigns roles in a task with Frankie and Rylan being hand picked to take central roles in the Dictatorship task, rather than finding themselves in the role by answering a random call to the diary room or some other more random method which leaves thing to fate rather than producer interference.

I really can't really find any fault in what you've said, and in fact I'll agree with you... However I've never really seen CBB as a series that needs to follow the traditional BB rules... In fact the idea of CBB in essence violates the fundamental grounds on which BB was developed... For me it will always be a form of mindless entertainment intended to fill a gap and drive audiences to the regular summer series... However it is disappointing that the regular series seems to be suffering due to Channel 5's over investment of time, effort, and money in pimping Celebrities... Rather than fixing what should be the flagship series in the brand...

It also makes you wonder why they always overstock the house with "celebs" when they only focus on about half of them. They cut easily just have 10 or as few as 8 in the series without much changing, and by ditching some of the nobodies who make up the numbers they'd improve the perception of the show too - though of course one of the great things about Celeb BB is how it is often the nobodies who end up making the show.

I quite liked this weeks task, but I agree, should have been a more random selection of the 'dictator'. Much as i hate how BBAU copies tasks someties I reckon the task would have been really interesting to watch in the later weeks of BBAU.
I don't believe for a second that Ryan didn't realise his noms talk wouldn't be allowed... However I do agree with what he said.
I'm sick of Speidi, and clearly Heidi doesn't trust her husband, as she appears to be the one freaking out the most whenever the task or someone in the house does something she thinks is 'inappropriate' behaviour as she calls it!

I thought it was really stupid when she went crazy and told Spencer not to go in the bathroom because Lacey was having a shower. She was behind a door for goodness sake! Heidi's so over the top with EVERYTHING!

Speidi are so self absorbed but dull as anything, they arent causing conflict or anything, they talk between themselves, but act fine in front of the others, Paula would have been much much much more interesting kept in than them, I also think its Rylan's game

Speidi are so self absorbed but dull as anything, they arent causing conflict or anything, they talk between themselves, but act fine in front of the others, Paula would have been much much much more interesting kept in than them, I also think its Rylan's game

Adore Rylan, he's playing well and is the most engaging house mate.

I really can't really find any fault in what you've said, and in fact I'll agree with you... However I've never really seen CBB as a series that needs to follow the traditional BB rules... In fact the idea of CBB in essence violates the fundamental grounds on which BB was developed... For me it will always be a form of mindless entertainment intended to fill a gap and drive audiences to the regular summer series... However it is disappointing that the regular series seems to be suffering due to Channel 5's over investment of time, effort, and money in pimping Celebrities... Rather than fixing what should be the flagship series in the brand...

But they've been allocating roles instead of randomly assigning them in the main series for a while now as well.

But they've been allocating roles instead of randomly assigning them in the main series for a while now as well.

I don't disagree with the argument... I haven't been able to stick with a regular series in some time, but I'd be a little apprehensive accepting it in the regular series... I know for Turf Wars the teams were decided at random and not assigned... It's also not as if the outcome of a task is affected by who fills a specific role...

Last edited:
I don't like it either, but Big Brother everywhere has become become more and more about the manipulation of the producers unfortunately. Part of that is the disappearance of live stream of course.

And not only is the entire series all about Speidi, so are the housemate eviction interviews too. Grrrrr!

Remember the days when Celebrity Big Brother used to genuinely be interesting and actually reveal the real characters behind the celebs public image. Now all they seem to do is play on the public image of a couple of the "stars" of the show and leave the others to be extras.

I do remember. But I'm very old and can't remember why I'm standing in the kitchen.

Watching the final now, and I still have no idea who the hell some of these people are or what they're like.

Back