Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother 2013 - series discussion

just watched the launch show, at least i know a few faces including an Aussie. split house might get boring quick but lets hope not

Worst lineup ever. I've heard of the Neighbours guy and that's it.

Still, it's not really about their level of fame, it's about their sense of entitlement and many of this lot have that in spades!

Yes the lineup is terrible, but I'm kinda used to knowing 1 or 2 uk celebrities each season. However the setup has been one of the better ones in a long while and am interested to see where it goes from here.

It's hard to tell how the personalities will play out as they all seem quite reasonable the first couple of days. Spidey will provide initial drama and entertainment but will be out on their ass soon enough.

Apparently Paula (i think) didnt pass the psych evaluation three years ago for cbb and she's still a train wreck as recent as the past few months.

bbuk always has people on the edge of insanity.

Denise, Jasmin, Tara Reid. It's sad to see and even sadder knowing they dont have someone who cares enough to stop them doing cbb.

I watched it just to see Ryan Moloney and was pleasantly surprised to see Tricia Penrose (my mum's a huge Heartbeat fan so i've seen a lot f her over the years!) and Claire from Steps. Can't stand Heidi and Spencer but everyone else seems pretty nice!

Just to sum up for casual readers:

12 so called celebs have moved in. On opening night jockey Frankie Detorri and X Factor can't singer Rylan went into the house first and then watched each celebs VT as they were introduced in pairs. For each pair they had to decide on one to move into the house, and one to move into the cold dark "basement" where they have to survive with no hot or running water, only get "leftovers" to eat and have to make their own beds (literally) out of what they can find. They also only have the clothes they arrived in. This process continued until the final pair were revealed - Spencer and Heidi from The Hills who compete as one HM. Therefore Rylan and Frankie had to choose whether "Speidi" would move to the basement - or take their places in the house. They naturally send them to the basement.

The running theme over the first few days seem to be basement HMs have to do tasks to ensure those in the main house keep their luxuries. Yesterday there was a task which involved unclogging pipes to win hot water for the house and buckets of water for the basement, while this morning the basement HMs have had to keep a generator turning to restore electricity to the main house.

Also last night in an extra live show (separate from the main highlights) there was a swap:

The celebs in the house had to vote for one of their own to go to the basement, choosing Frankie. Frankie then had to choose one from the basement to move to the main house, choosing Speidi.

Re: spoiler... REALLY? That's disappointing! He, in particular, is an arse and the longer he suffered the better.

Well it was nice while it lasted.

Producers have already bought to an end their one and only real hook into this series less than 48 hours after the celebs moved in and all HMs are now in the main house. Frankie has been nominated for eviction by those in the basement, which seems rather unfair considering he was pretty much set up for a fall.

Worst lineup ever. I've heard of the Neighbours guy and that's it.

I have no idea who any of them are! First time that's ever happened. But I'll watch anyway, you always get to know them by watching.

Well it was nice while it lasted.

Producers have already bought to an end their one and only real hook into this series less than 48 hours after the celebs moved in and all HMs are now in the main house. Frankie has been nominated for eviction by those in the basement, which seems rather unfair considering he was pretty much set up for a fall.

Ideally I would have milked the twist until the first eviction or longer but I still give them credit for at least attempting something other than the earpiece twist... As for Frankie's nomination it really doesn't matter that he was set up or not I'm sure the public will keep him in...

Given the popularity this twist has gain I'd be interested to see if it will come in to play in the regular series...

Wow, how selfish and humourless are "Speidi"? Is their relationship really threatened by the 'kiss the ball' task? How soon is the eviction? I can't wait for them to be out. How incredibly unlikeable can two people possibly be? /rant

Today's episode, admittedly was a huge improvement, though. I was seriously considering giving the rest of this season a miss because none of the HMs were engaging enough, but there may be hope.

As always, the editing is concentrating only on a few people. If you're not interested in Speidi, Paula or Rylan, watch something else. Fortunately, I'm actually liking Rylan.

Colour me shocked. And stunned.

Last edited:
Um, whyyyyyyyyy? Why do they hate Paula so much? Why would anyone keep Speidi?
And yes that twist sucks
so I guess the vote was not even close if they had that lined up, or maybe it was close and they this is a way to keep them in longer because everyone else is so bloody boring?
*shrug*

I guess whichever one(s) went, the other would have been used in the twist. It would have "worked" either way. In fact, I think it might have been more amusingly disturbing had the eviction gone the other way.

Spiedi keep saying how they were characters on the Hills and they morphed into those characters now they are back to themselves, they seem fairly similar to what they were on the hills, plus all talk no action wonder if the producers have been disappointed with how they have been on it?

Rylan is actually likeable compared to what he was on Xfactor, I dont know if its because we arent seeing much of the others but they a bit boring, also I think Ryan is playing the good guy role which in our BB would have won him fans, but on here just makes him boring, he the first to put up his hand up to sacrifice himself seems like a game plan, and its not actually endearing. Also I think the phrase "playing the game" should be banned from every single BB in the world, course people are playing the game, it is a fucking game!

wonder if the producers have been disappointed with how they have been on it?

Speidi are just so... bland. And uninvolved. And basically not very interested in making it at least vaguely enjoyable.

Take when the group won the task, Speidi were just sitting there doing very polite fairy claps when everybody else was jumping up and down... I hope producers didnt pay too much for these vapid famewhores*....

*And I really, really, really love famewhores

And DON'T start me on Paula!!! Whackydoodle. I wanted more......

Oh... can I see more of Sam? Pretty please?
(Naked preferably, but shirtless will do)

Speidi are weird. They're like robots. Razor looked stunned when Frankie nominated him, but DH snores, so I can understand people wanting Razor out, no matter how nice he might be. They should make snorers sleep in the garden.

Back