Skip to main content

Big Brother South Africa

Leandrio

castingcalls_Big-Brother-Mzansi-Logo-20-09-2013-Pic-1.jpg

The time has arrived.

For the return of a Big Brother house crammed with South Africans.

Could it be you? If so, read on! ...

As we spilt a couple of months ago, Big Brother Mzansi premieres on Mzansi Magic in February next year.

If you'd like to enter you need to get yourself over to the auditions where you'll be able to prove that you have what it takes to be the ultimate housemate.

Unlike Big Brother Africa, you don't need to go through a screening process before auditioning. You also don't need to pre-register for the auditions - registration will happen at the audition venue.

You do need to fill in an entry form though. You can either fill it in before the auditions and take it with you or you can fill it at the audition venue - forms will be available at the venue too.

Here's a link to it: Big Brother Mzansi Audition form.

Audition must-knows:

These are the audition venues:

Durban
Date: Saturday, 12 and Sunday, 13 October 2013
Venue: The BAT Centre
45 Martime Place, Small Craft Harbour, Durban.

Johannesburg
Date: Saturday, 19 and Sunday, 20 October 2013
Venue: The Pyramid Conference and Venue Centre
96 Eloff Street ext, Village Deep, Selby.

Cape Town
Date: Saturday, 26 and Sunday, 27 October 2013
Venue: The Riverclub
Liesbeek Parkway, Observatory.

Registration starts at 08h00 and closes at 15h00 on both audition days i.e. the latest you can register by is 15h00. Auditions are on a first come/first serve basis in each city.

What to expect:

You will have an initial interview with a member of the Big Brother Mzansi selection team. If your audition is successful, you will be asked to come back for a second round audition by appointment.

What are the producers looking for?

Applicants need to be 21 or older on 1 January 2014 and a citizen or legal resident of South Africa. Big Brother Mzansi Housemates should be vocal, fun-loving, creative, original and articulate. It is important to show the side that your friends see - who you are when at home.

I'm probably the only south african on this site :'-D . This is pretty exciting although it took endemol 12 years to bring back the SA version. We've been stuck with the Pan African version for 5 years.

Hey Leandrio! We'll I'm half South African! If that counts! hehe. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Big Brother SA wont be like the days of Ferdi and Richard. They're catering for the Mzanzi Magic audience like they've done with Idols for the past two years. It's going to be Big Brother Africa all over again. Maybe a little diversity with a few tokens.

Another south african here and if it is on m-net again that counts me out because it is way to expensive so unless someone youtubes it or puts it on a torrent site I will not be able to watch

View attachment 33520

I'm probably the only south african on this site :'-D . This is pretty exciting although it took endemol 12 years to bring back the SA version. We've been stuck with the Pan African version for 5 years.

YAY! Please keep posting about this... Even though someone like myself probably won't be watching or really have much to say I really miss the days where our international friends would post a weekly rundown of their countries version... Will BBSA be in English?

[MENTION=24067]robza171[/MENTION] I'm not sure what you mean by this show won't be like the days of Ferdi and Richard? Keep in mind I only now of Fredinand from a few clips I've seen and haven't really ever seen the show... Is it a similar situation to BBAU where the show has sort of lost it's innocence and has now been morphed in to a big overproduced entertainment show?

[MENTION=29806]Rob[/MENTION]za hahah! I think it will be way better than Big brother Africa at least the voting system, because with BBA ppl did not vote for entertainment. They voted regionally.I'm quite excited because we get to vote for entertainment and not because Botswana is our neighnour country (lol)
[MENTION=30942]lin[/MENTION]dsay it will be broadcasted on Mzansi Magic not Mnet, so Compact users are in luck. I assume its going to be edited like bbau. I actually wanted the 24/7 broadcast on 197 & 198, but it doesn't look like that will happen.
[MENTION=29222]Kingston[/MENTION] it will be in english yes.

---------------

On the other side of news, the prize money has been announced. The winner will receive 1million rand that is equal to roughly US$100,000. Auditions start in 2 weeks time!

Also a lot of people in PE & other areas of SA have complained that there are only audition venues in the 3 major cities. It doesn't look like MM will take this into consideration. People will have to travel roughly 300km to their nearest venue.

@Kingston I don't think M-Net will ever overproduce their Big Brother editions. They'll always have a 24/7 live feed which seems to be their 'thing' for drawing in more subscribers. I mean that Big Brother South Africa's two seasons on M-Net had diversity. There were Indian, Colored, White, Black, Gay, Lesbian people. Which made for a more interesting and dynamic show to watch. Big Brother Africa had loads of similar people with similar characteristics and interests which made the show boring.

@Leandrio LOL. Yeah, BBA had all the big characters kicked out early on in the game, Bassey, Pokello, Natasha, Sulu etc because of that voting. BBSA WILL have a 24/7 live feed as usual according to the FAQ on the official website :

17. Where can I watch Big Brother Mzansi?

Big Brother Mzansi will be screened live on channel 198, 24 /7 with all the live and highlights shows broadcast on Mzansi Magic, Channel 161

will someone be able to record it and upload to a torrent site or youtube for me,I dont have a TV anymore or Mnet/Mzanzi

Just seen someone uploaded big brother africa to a torrent site so maybe I will be in luck with big brother south africa...holding thumbs

Last edited:
[MENTION=24067]robza171[/MENTION] yass I'm so happy for the 24/7 live feed :') I might just audition and be the Tim of BBSA

[video=youtube;NZzDf4uAt_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZzDf4uAt_s[/video]

The ad is out :D I'll try update this thread as often as possible

Thanks Leandrio! I'm getting in the mood for BB :p

We can already see the production quality of the South African season is gonna be miles ahead of the African one. I just hope they dont use that new, awful BB song.

A little trip down memory lane...

Season 1:
[video=youtube;JCpTdwh0sDw]

Season 2:

Last edited by a moderator:
First round of Auditions take place this weekend in Durban !!! so excited! I will be auditioning in Cape Town later this month! I got my TIM GAME on!

Good luck Leandrio! It'll be good to have someone on here make it onto the show. We'll know that if you stop updating this thread, you've gone into hiding ;)

Another English speaking BB can only be a good thing. After the let down yet again of BBAU, it will be good to see something new.
I've been listening to hundreds of calls by this man called Whackhead simpson...they should put him in there. very funny

Back